Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator

Go down

Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator Empty Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator

Post by Adam D on Mon 24 Oct 2011, 8:09 am

I havent played any of these games but this looks truly awesome.

Dont think it will fit in my living room though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQR49JGySTM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Posts : 23684
Join date : 2011-01-24
Age : 46
Location : Parts Unknown

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator Empty Re: Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator

Post by BALTIMORA on Mon 24 Oct 2011, 1:25 pm

That looks pretty awesome. You'll still get some people saying it's better on a mouse and keyboard though.

BALTIMORA

Posts : 5566
Join date : 2011-02-18
Age : 39
Location : This user is no longer active.

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator Empty Re: Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator

Post by Dass on Tue 25 Oct 2011, 12:21 pm

Everything's better with a mouse and a keyboard it's a well known fact!

Dass

Posts : 899
Join date : 2011-06-25
Age : 36
Location : Livingston

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator Empty Re: Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator

Post by Reggie Perrin on Thu 27 Oct 2011, 3:59 pm

Why is it better Dass? Is it because it's easier?....yeah, thought so! The only thing that's better on a mouse and keyboard is obvioulsy strategy games for the obvious benefit.

Reggie Perrin

Posts : 34
Join date : 2011-03-02

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator Empty Re: Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator

Post by Dass on Thu 27 Oct 2011, 4:27 pm

Nothing to do with easier just a better more precise tool for the job at hand. As long as your not using macros when your playing a PC version of a FPS then the mouse and keyboard combination is a better option than a gamepad without a doubt. I'd rather use improved AI mods or increased difficulty sliders to increase a games challenge if the vanilla version ain't up to code rather than just using a poorer control device method for the task.

The original comment was a light-hearted dig at Balti's comment regarding the fanatical view over mouse and keyboard that populates certain areas of the PC genre. I have no idea how the simulator will play compared to current control device options but its still possible mouse and keyboard could still come out on top.

There's quite a few genre's I prefer to play on the PC due to mouse and keyboard (plus other benefits) not just those covered by the huge blanket of strategy.

Dass

Posts : 899
Join date : 2011-06-25
Age : 36
Location : Livingston

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator Empty Re: Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator

Post by BALTIMORA on Wed 02 Nov 2011, 11:39 am

Reggie Perrin wrote:Why is it better Dass? Is it because it's easier?....yeah, thought so! The only thing that's better on a mouse and keyboard is obvioulsy strategy games for the obvious benefit.
So far from the truth it's unbelievable. A good, well-thought-out interface can make any game play well on any format, pretty much.

I'm not sure I'd agree with Dass that a mouse and keyboard is necessarily better than a joypad for playing shooters, it's simply different and it's a matter of personal preference. For every person who likes the increased accuracy which comes from greater sensitivity that a mouse & keyboard offers, there's another person who doesn't like the hand cramps that mouse and keyboard often inflicts. It's swings and roundabouts, but Reggie you seem woefully under-informed in your assessment.

BALTIMORA

Posts : 5566
Join date : 2011-02-18
Age : 39
Location : This user is no longer active.

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator Empty Re: Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator

Post by Dass on Wed 02 Nov 2011, 3:00 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:Why is it better Dass? Is it because it's easier?....yeah, thought so! The only thing that's better on a mouse and keyboard is obvioulsy strategy games for the obvious benefit.
So far from the truth it's unbelievable. A good, well-thought-out interface can make any game play well on any format, pretty much.

I'm not sure I'd agree with Dass that a mouse and keyboard is necessarily better than a joypad for playing shooters, it's simply different and it's a matter of personal preference. For every person who likes the increased accuracy which comes from greater sensitivity that a mouse & keyboard offers, there's another person who doesn't like the hand cramps that mouse and keyboard often inflicts. It's swings and roundabouts, but Reggie you seem woefully under-informed in your assessment.

It won't be necessarily better for everyone I agree, its just my feeling that if you take someone who is equally able on both a control device and "skill" level then the key/mouse will come out on top due to the flexibility it offers. It's not always going to be the case and you can find people who can excel with a joypad but on average I'd say the key/mouse wins out. The same argument can be made when playing MMO's to some degree regarding Keybindings vs point'n'click as a method for playing (I'm a clicker btw), there's no doubt in my mind that someone of the same level of playing ability of me playing with keybindings is at a advantage over my playing style. Yet its just something that's not for me, I like clicking and always will and just aspect that the other style is just not for me.

Dass

Posts : 899
Join date : 2011-06-25
Age : 36
Location : Livingston

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator Empty Re: Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator

Post by BALTIMORA on Thu 03 Nov 2011, 9:58 am

I used to be a big advocate of mouse and keyboard but Halo was the one I think which was instrumental in swaying my opinion. Using a pad just became very intuitive, although you're right there is a pay-off which is the lack of sensitivity. I think one of the things I didn't like about using a keyboard was as you say, the relative compliction that complex key bindings can bring. More than once I'd find myself meeting a premature demise due to scrabbling for a function.

BALTIMORA

Posts : 5566
Join date : 2011-02-18
Age : 39
Location : This user is no longer active.

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator Empty Re: Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator

Post by Dass on Thu 03 Nov 2011, 3:04 pm

Yeah the over complication of key bindings can definitely be a negative to some but on the flip of that coin it can also open a whole new level of speed and intricacy at your finger tips that I'm not sure a pad can match.

It's always gonna be a personal thing on which you prefer and you should never feel inferior about which ever choice you make (clickers get a hard time in MMO's). Still I'd be backing a key/mouse combo player over a pad in almost any FPS game, assuming the players are of a equal level in terms of playing ability, if the money was down. Wink

Dass

Posts : 899
Join date : 2011-06-25
Age : 36
Location : Livingston

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator Empty Re: Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator

Post by Reggie Perrin on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 11:23 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:Why is it better Dass? Is it because it's easier?....yeah, thought so! The only thing that's better on a mouse and keyboard is obvioulsy strategy games for the obvious benefit.
So far from the truth it's unbelievable. A good, well-thought-out interface can make any game play well on any format, pretty much.

I'm not sure I'd agree with Dass that a mouse and keyboard is necessarily better than a joypad for playing shooters, it's simply different and it's a matter of personal preference. For every person who likes the increased accuracy which comes from greater sensitivity that a mouse & keyboard offers, there's another person who doesn't like the hand cramps that mouse and keyboard often inflicts. It's swings and roundabouts, but Reggie you seem woefully under-informed in your assessment.


I'm under-informed, but another user can simply come on here and say, it's a well known fact that EVERYTHING??? is better with a mouse and keyboard?? ok then fella.

Like has already been stated alot of it comes down to preference, what I was making reference to was the fact alot of people use a mouse and keyboard for FPS games because it's easier to aim and that's fine, each to their own, I prefer gamepads for fps games because it is alot tougher and there fore I feel it's a more realistic experience.

Reggie Perrin

Posts : 34
Join date : 2011-03-02

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator Empty Re: Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator

Post by BALTIMORA on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 1:51 pm

Reggie Perrin wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:Why is it better Dass? Is it because it's easier?....yeah, thought so! The only thing that's better on a mouse and keyboard is obvioulsy strategy games for the obvious benefit.
So far from the truth it's unbelievable. A good, well-thought-out interface can make any game play well on any format, pretty much.

I'm not sure I'd agree with Dass that a mouse and keyboard is necessarily better than a joypad for playing shooters, it's simply different and it's a matter of personal preference. For every person who likes the increased accuracy which comes from greater sensitivity that a mouse & keyboard offers, there's another person who doesn't like the hand cramps that mouse and keyboard often inflicts. It's swings and roundabouts, but Reggie you seem woefully under-informed in your assessment.


I'm under-informed, but another user can simply come on here and say, it's a well known fact that EVERYTHING??? is better with a mouse and keyboard?? ok then fella.

Like has already been stated alot of it comes down to preference, what I was making reference to was the fact alot of people use a mouse and keyboard for FPS games because it's easier to aim and that's fine, each to their own, I prefer gamepads for fps games because it is alot tougher and there fore I feel it's a more realistic experience.
I was simply referring to what I took to be a blanket statement you made about it being 'easier'. If you're playing online against other humans each trying their best to kill you, why would you want to go out of your way to make the game more difficult?

BALTIMORA

Posts : 5566
Join date : 2011-02-18
Age : 39
Location : This user is no longer active.

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator Empty Re: Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator

Post by Reggie Perrin on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 1:57 pm

Because as I explained it makes it more realistic.

Reggie Perrin

Posts : 34
Join date : 2011-03-02

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator Empty Re: Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator

Post by BALTIMORA on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 2:33 pm

Reggie Perrin wrote:Because as I explained it makes it more realistic.
Hardly. It's just a handicap.

BALTIMORA

Posts : 5566
Join date : 2011-02-18
Age : 39
Location : This user is no longer active.

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator Empty Re: Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator

Post by Reggie Perrin on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 2:36 pm

That's your opinion.

Reggie Perrin

Posts : 34
Join date : 2011-03-02

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator Empty Re: Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator

Post by BALTIMORA on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 3:20 pm

Reggie Perrin wrote:That's your opinion.
It's right though.

BALTIMORA

Posts : 5566
Join date : 2011-02-18
Age : 39
Location : This user is no longer active.

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator Empty Re: Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator

Post by Reggie Perrin on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 3:24 pm

no it's not.

Reggie Perrin

Posts : 34
Join date : 2011-03-02

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator Empty Re: Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator

Post by BALTIMORA on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 4:51 pm

Is.

BALTIMORA

Posts : 5566
Join date : 2011-02-18
Age : 39
Location : This user is no longer active.

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator Empty Re: Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator

Post by Reggie Perrin on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 4:54 pm

Isn't

Reggie Perrin

Posts : 34
Join date : 2011-03-02

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator Empty Re: Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator

Post by Dass on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 5:56 pm

I've already said my statement was a light joke about the often zealot approach to key/mouse you get in some sections of the PC community. You just happened to take it for real and get on your high horse about it... and in some ways prove that zealot attitude ain't just on the key/mouse side of the fence. I'm pretty sure when I made the comment Balti knew I wasn't being completely serious.

The whole argument of trying to justify your choice of control device as better just because you handicap yourself is bizarre. As I've previously stated I do some similar handicapping when playing MMO's by being a clicker not a keybinder but at no point would I ever suggest that clicking was a more efficient method.

Dass

Posts : 899
Join date : 2011-06-25
Age : 36
Location : Livingston

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator Empty Re: Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator

Post by Dass on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 8:03 pm

Reggie Perrin wrote:Because as I explained it makes it more realistic.

I just noticed this comment and not quite sure how to respond to such a statement about how a pad enhances realism.

Dass

Posts : 899
Join date : 2011-06-25
Age : 36
Location : Livingston

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator Empty Re: Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator

Post by Reggie Perrin on Tue 08 Nov 2011, 8:28 am

I meant more realistic in the sense that not everyone on a battlefield is an SAS marksmen which is the feeling you can get from mouse and keyboard users on FPS's with a gamepad you don't get that in my opinion. This rubbish notion you've got of handicapping yourself with a gamepad is laughable but who am I to argue, you have your opinion I have mine.

Reggie Perrin

Posts : 34
Join date : 2011-03-02

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator Empty Re: Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator

Post by BALTIMORA on Tue 08 Nov 2011, 11:57 am

Reggie Perrin wrote:I meant more realistic in the sense that not everyone on a battlefield is an SAS marksmen which is the feeling you can get from mouse and keyboard users on FPS's with a gamepad you don't get that in my opinion. This rubbish notion you've got of handicapping yourself with a gamepad is laughable but who am I to argue, you have your opinion I have mine.
If you choose to use a gamepad because in your opinion it makes an aspect of the game more dificult then that's a handicap.

BALTIMORA

Posts : 5566
Join date : 2011-02-18
Age : 39
Location : This user is no longer active.

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator Empty Re: Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator

Post by Reggie Perrin on Tue 08 Nov 2011, 12:11 pm

ok, obviously you just want the last word. If that's what you believe it to be then fine, that's up to you. you obviously want to argue despite the fact that you know what I'm getting at.

Reggie Perrin

Posts : 34
Join date : 2011-03-02

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator Empty Re: Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator

Post by BALTIMORA on Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:21 pm

Reggie Perrin wrote:ok, obviously you just want the last word. If that's what you believe it to be then fine, that's up to you. you obviously want to argue despite the fact that you know what I'm getting at.
I'm not sure what you're getting at, no! It's a handicap. That's not my opinion, that's just a simple fact.

BALTIMORA

Posts : 5566
Join date : 2011-02-18
Age : 39
Location : This user is no longer active.

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator Empty Re: Ultimate Battlefield 3 simulator

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum