The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donaire vs Nishioka - Who you picking?

+4
Soldier_Of_Fortune
AlexHuckerby
Daz
Valero's Conscience
8 posters

Go down

Donaire vs Nishioka - Who you picking? Empty Donaire vs Nishioka - Who you picking?

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 24 Oct 2011, 9:47 am

Donaire is apparently moving up to 122ibs and those involved are trying to arrange a fight against WBC champ Nishioka.

To many Donaire will be a heavy favourite, however I think Nishioka could be very tricky for him.

Nishioka is a slick fighter with fast hands and decent power who believes in his own ability, hence being one of the few Japanese fighters who will fight outside of Japan.

I would still favour Donaire just but wouldn't be surprised to see Nishioka winning by UD.

Do you think Donaire will face any difficulties in this fight or will he steam roll through him and continue Arum's dream of making the next multi-weight superstar?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Donaire vs Nishioka - Who you picking? Empty Re: Donaire vs Nishioka - Who you picking?

Post by Daz Mon 24 Oct 2011, 10:08 am

Very tough fight for Donaire. Like you say he will be heavy favourite but think he will have to dig deep at times during this fight.

I dont know loads about Nishioka - only seem him against Rendall Munroe where he looked very impressive.

Is Nishioka willing to come out of Japan for this one? Surprised if he does.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Donaire vs Nishioka - Who you picking? Empty Re: Donaire vs Nishioka - Who you picking?

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 24 Oct 2011, 10:17 am

I think he would fight in the US as he did for his fight with Marquez, Nishioka is about 35 now so not many opportunities to make big money and a Donaire fight will surely earn him more than he's earned before.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Mon 24 Oct 2011, 10:23 am

Yeah thats true - didnt know he came out of Japan previously. Should be a mouthwatering matchup next year. Let's hope it comes off.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 24 Oct 2011, 1:33 pm

donaire and easy in my opinion the only questions i have is how fast and how impressive will donaire be at 122?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 24 Oct 2011, 1:39 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:donaire and easy in my opinion the only questions i have is how fast and how impressive will donaire be at 122?

I wouldn't be that confident. Donaire is not invincible and Nishioka is underrated IMO. I have him in my top 10 p4p. Donaire but by close UD 115 - 113

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Mon 24 Oct 2011, 1:47 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:donaire and easy in my opinion the only questions i have is how fast and how impressive will donaire be at 122?

I wouldn't be that confident. Donaire is not invincible and Nishioka is underrated IMO. I have him in my top 10 p4p. Donaire but by close UD 115 - 113

Donaire did seem to run out of ideas on Saturday - like the commentators said he was quite linear and didnt seem to move round Navraez and hit him in the ribs either side. Not seem a chink in his armour until then.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 24 Oct 2011, 1:50 pm

cant believe nishioka can live with him. isnt that hard to hit and doesnt carry a significant dig. donaire is far too skilled and will angle him with the left hook. nishiokas weak to it trust me.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 24 Oct 2011, 1:54 pm

Dazstarr wrote:

Donaire did seem to run out of ideas on Saturday - like the commentators said he was quite linear and didnt seem to move round Navraez and hit him in the ribs either side. Not seem a chink in his armour until then.

think youre forgetting he won every round and if a guy is mega experienced and quick and on 99% defence its near impossible to stop him

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 24 Oct 2011, 1:54 pm

Think I'd back Donaire by UD, but I don't think for a single second it would be the walkover the bookies would no doubt indicate beforehand.

As with any fighter at the lower weights, there's the question of how Donaire will handle the step up in weight, and in the few fights I've seen of Nishioka he's shown that he's as complete a Super-Bantamweight as we've seen since the days of Morales and Barrera; fast hands, good workrate, comfortable going forwards and backwards and doesn't mind trading if it's required.

Donaire is one hell of a fighter, but this weekend showed that he's not going to have it all his own way (as he did against Montiel) every time. I'd back him by decision, but wouldn't call a Nishioka win on the cards anything more than a minor upset.

Very good fight in the making.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 24 Oct 2011, 1:59 pm

Dazstarr wrote:

It's more to do Nishioka being underrated as Soldier says than Donaire being overrated as to why I think it'll be a tough fight.

Donaire can also meet his plateau at any time jumping up the weights (although I doubt it's yet) and someone high ranked at the weight could cause him trouble which Nishioka certainly is.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Mon 24 Oct 2011, 2:03 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
Dazstarr wrote:

think youre forgetting he won every round and if a guy is mega experienced and quick and on 99% defence its near impossible to stop him

I don't think anyone is impossible to stop. More angled work around the body coupled with footwork and timing would have meant the arms would have dropped and he can then move up to the head. Obviously harder than it sounds but my point was that Nonito did'nt even try and was quite content with moving forwards and backwards.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 24 Oct 2011, 2:12 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:

cant believe nishioka can live with him. isnt that hard to hit and doesnt carry a significant dig. donaire is far too skilled and will angle him with the left hook. nishiokas weak to it trust me.

You want to have a geg at a couple of his knockouts on youtube, especially one against Gonzalez.

88Chris05 wrote:Think I'd back Donaire by UD, but I don't think for a single second it would be the walkover the bookies would no doubt indicate beforehand.

As with any fighter at the lower weights, there's the question of how Donaire will handle the step up in weight, and in the few fights I've seen of Nishioka he's shown that he's as complete a Super-Bantamweight as we've seen since the days of Morales and Barrera; fast hands, good workrate, comfortable going forwards and backwards and doesn't mind trading if it's required.

Donaire is one hell of a fighter, but this weekend showed that he's not going to have it all his own way (as he did against Montiel) every time. I'd back him by decision, but wouldn't call a Nishioka win on the cards anything more than a minor upset.

Very good fight in the making.

Thats the way I see it, would expect Donaire to win but it wouldnt be a huge shock if Nishioka pulled off a victory.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Mon 24 Oct 2011, 2:13 pm

In fact I take back my point about no-one being impossible to stop since I watched a documentary about Jake La Motta over the weekend!

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 24 Oct 2011, 5:07 pm

[quote="Soldier_Of_Fortune"]
AlexHuckerby wrote:

You want to have a geg at a couple of his knockouts on youtube, especially one against Gonzalez.

um... have a look at some of devon alexanders knockouts on youtube especially the one against urango doesnt mean he punches like a mule either.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by alfredperami Mon 24 Oct 2011, 6:36 pm

Dazstarr wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:
Dazstarr wrote:

I don't think anyone is impossible to stop. More angled work around the body coupled with footwork and timing would have meant the arms would have dropped and he can then move up to the head. Obviously harder than it sounds but my point was that Nonito did'nt even try and was quite content with moving forwards and backwards.

you've missed the point, nonito KOs his foes by feeling them out for a round or two and finding the perfect counter KO for that fighter levels dont matter to him just knowing what the COUNTER KO is you cant counter a guy who isnt throwing. he would have dropped Navraez as soon as the fight started IMO it just didnt the guy had his hands up for 12 solid rounds and nonito was standing waiting for anything counterable no need to look round the side if your winning every round.

if the fight gets made i think it ends early, Navraez was a fighter with an 0 moving up in weight less that a min into the fight i think he knew the W was not coming and looked to make sure he just lost the 0 and didnt get KTFO like other big names nonito has taken out.
alfredperami
alfredperami

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 24 Oct 2011, 9:26 pm

alfredperami wrote:
Dazstarr wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:
Dazstarr wrote:

you've missed the point, nonito KOs his foes by feeling them out for a round or two and finding the perfect counter KO for that fighter levels dont matter to him just knowing what the COUNTER KO is you cant counter a guy who isnt throwing. he would have dropped Navraez as soon as the fight started IMO it just didnt the guy had his hands up for 12 solid rounds and nonito was standing waiting for anything counterable no need to look round the side if your winning every round.

if the fight gets made i think it ends early, Navraez was a fighter with an 0 moving up in weight less that a min into the fight i think he knew the W was not coming and looked to make sure he just lost the 0 and didnt get KTFO like other big names nonito has taken out.

my thoughts exactly

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 24 Oct 2011, 9:45 pm

Donaire by LKO, the boy is different class!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 24 Oct 2011, 11:08 pm

Has Donaire fought a guy yet who's the same height and reach? He always looks considerably rangier than his most recent opposition. Nishioka's a similar size.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down