The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colts to be fined?

+6
Dorothy_Mantooth
skins4ever
GB1919
Sam_Bradford_8
TBolt63
Skyforger
10 posters

Go down

Colts to be fined? Empty Colts to be fined?

Post by Skyforger Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:19 pm

Anyone know if the league are planning sanctions against the Colts for putting out a team of ringers last night? Apparently all the players were from an under 7 girls team...

Skyforger

Back to top Go down

Colts to be fined? Empty Re: Colts to be fined?

Post by TBolt63 Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:57 pm

Except for Carter, the Colts the running back who looked pretty good.
TBolt63
TBolt63

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyforger Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:56 pm

Joking aside, its shocking to think that less than 2 years ago these two teams had almost perfect seasons and then played out a blinder of a SB.

I know Brees is a class player with a good team round him, but how have things gone so horribly wrong for the Colts. Surely it can't all be down to Manning being out?

It was starting to become uncomfortable viewing towards the end...

Skyforger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_Bradford_8 Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:04 pm

Without Manning they dont have a plan B.

The defense is made for pass rushing, which is based on Manning being able to score points, lots of them, thus making the other team chase the lead, meaning more throws. If the Colts are chasing the lead their defense just isnt made for winning the ball back when under pressure to do so. Teams can mix it up, run through them and take pot shots whenever they want.

The whole Colt philosophy has relied on Manning for far too long

Sam_Bradford_8

Back to top Go down

Post by GB1919 Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:43 pm

I can barely look at Jim Caldwell's face during games at the moment, he actually looks scared on the sidelines.

Definitely uncomfortable viewing (but I am enjoying it).

GB1919

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:16 pm

I'm just glad someone came along and made our thrashing at the hands of the Eagles last year look mild...

I haven't watched the game yet, and wondering if I should now. Then again, there isn't much good comedy on telly this week! laughing

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:55 am

Manning has covered up a number of years of some (overall) seriously poor judgement in the draft room from the Colts. Now that he is not there the lack of depth at so many positions is being seriously exposed.

If the Colts finish 32nd , do they take Luck or Ransom him?

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:32 am

According to Tony Dungy, they could take Luck.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8235a4ce/article/dungy-colts-should-draft-luck-even-if-it-means-trading-manning

I think if they finish 32nd, they take him. The fact is they are going to need a QB to replace Manning sooner rather than later. I say, bring Luck in and build a team around him.

As i see it, there's no point trading away, sticking with Manning next year and then trying to replace him from the middle of the draft somewhere.

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:08 am

dancingweeman wrote:According to Tony Dungy, they could take Luck.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8235a4ce/article/dungy-colts-should-draft-luck-even-if-it-means-trading-manning

I think if they finish 32nd, they take him. The fact is they are going to need a QB to replace Manning sooner rather than later. I say, bring Luck in and build a team around him.

As i see it, there's no point trading away, sticking with Manning next year and then trying to replace him from the middle of the draft somewhere.

I think any GM from a team with a high pick, will be need to be very brave to pass on Luck. That said, if Manning comes back from surgery ok, the Colts still have one of the best 3 QBs in the game and assuming he has no further major health issuses, he can lead the team for another three or four years.

I can see the Colts still managing two or three of Ws before the season is out and not ending up the 1st pick.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:15 am

Dorothy - who do you see as challenging the Colts for the #1 pick and where do you think they pick up their wins ?

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:38 pm

I'd have Miami, Seattle and the Rams in there right now, given performance and injuries. Miami probably most likely.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:49 pm

Grizzly wrote:Dorothy - who do you see as challenging the Colts for the #1 pick and where do you think they pick up their wins ?

Rams and Dolphins are challenging them at the moment.

Colts wins are going to have to come from the double headers against Tennessee and Jacksonville and their home game against the Panthers, three of those games are at home, so it’s not unconceivable then end up 3-13 (two wins might just be enough).

Rams have the Saints coming up at the weekend and then two road trips at Cleveland and Arizona, hardly the toughest two venues to go to but they will still need to do well to avoid going 0-9. Their schedule lightens at that point, but the damage may already be done, both mentally and physically.

I think the Dolphins as the best bet to beat the Colts in the Luck Sweepstake. Looking at their uncertainty at QB and in the coaching department and the rest of their schedule, I think the Dolphins could well be picking Andrew Luck in Spring 2012.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by adams_legend Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:19 pm

Would the Rams take Luck, as they only got Bradford recenlty?

adams_legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TBolt63 Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:43 pm

You're right-- the Rams already have their franchise QB. If they end up with the first draft pick, they could trade it for a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th draft pick...
TBolt63
TBolt63

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:56 pm

TBolt63 wrote:You're right-- the Rams already have their franchise QB. If they end up with the first draft pick, they could trade it for a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th draft pick...

Wonder how many first round picks, Oakland would give up for him Whistle

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:23 pm

dancingweeman wrote:According to Tony Dungy, they could take Luck.

It hurts just to read this from that link:

When former Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy surveys the winless team he once led, he is reminded of his early years as a defensive backs coach with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Armed with an aging Terry Bradshaw at the helm, the team passed on a guy named Dan Marino in the 1983 NFL Draft and spent another 20 years searching for a franchise quarterback.

Shocked Doh furious Erm Tumbleweed vomit

Funny, how the coal-mine/steel-mill country of western Pennsylvania produced Johnny Unitas, Joe Namath, Joe Montana and Dan Marino yet the Steelers passed them all.

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down