The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SSN and Simoncelli

2 posters

Go down

SSN and Simoncelli Empty SSN and Simoncelli

Post by The Special Juan Tue 25 Oct 2011, 2:10 pm

How much reaction did SSN have t Simoncelli's untimely death? I tuned into GMSF from 7am to 8am the next day (Monday) and was appalled that there wasn't even the briefest mention of Simoncelli. Surely this is a disgrace?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

SSN and Simoncelli Empty Re: SSN and Simoncelli

Post by Fernando Tue 25 Oct 2011, 2:15 pm

I saw it on their quite a bit was as one of their main stories

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 25 Oct 2011, 3:02 pm

I guessed they would have mentioned it on Sunday (I didn't see any SSN on Sunday) but it's as if they'd just forgotten about it when Monday came around.

As long as they mentioned it, I'll be satisfied with that, but obviously I wish there was no news to report :'(
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Oct 2011, 3:39 pm

They did mention it on the sunday and had interviews with Keith Heuwen. Of course it was never going to be a huge story with SSN for two reasons. Firstly it's Moto GP and not Formula 1 (which is a disgrace really). If it was F1, a sport that SKY will be broadcasting next season, then more in depth coverage regarding the shocking death of Simoncelli would of been viewed. Secondly he's Italian and not British, unlike Dan Wheldon, so obviously the coverage or media attention was never going to be as big as Wheldon's. RIP Wheldon/Simoncelli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 25 Oct 2011, 4:03 pm

John wrote:They did mention it on the sunday and had interviews with Keith Heuwen. Of course it was never going to be a huge story with SSN for two reasons. Firstly it's Moto GP and not Formula 1 (which is a disgrace really). If it was F1, a sport that SKY will be broadcasting next season, then more in depth coverage regarding the shocking death of Simoncelli would of been viewed. Secondly he's Italian and not British, unlike Dan Wheldon, so obviously the coverage or media attention was never going to be as big as Wheldon's. RIP Wheldon/Simoncelli

Yeah that's exactly what I thought. It's quite sad.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum