The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goal Kicking

5 posters

Go down

Goal Kicking Empty Goal Kicking

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 25 Oct 2011, 8:55 pm

The standard of goal kicking this WC was quite poor and a high missed %. There was a lot of talk in the early games that it was the ball causing all the problems but was it or was it the players themselves.

With the exception of Wilkinson and Carter do players spend as many hours as these guys would practising. When Jinks himself was playing like the two afore mentioned players he would spend our upon hour practising, first at training last away etc and the results were there for all to see.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Goal Kicking Empty Re: Goal Kicking

Post by mystiroakey Tue 25 Oct 2011, 8:58 pm

i think it was the ball, but then that resonates into the players mindset and it becomes a mental problem.

the same thing happened in the football world cup, funnily enough i think the german and spainsh leagues played with the new ball in the seaosn before , yet i dont think the premiership did.

Was the ball in the RWC2011 used before by any team, or was it completly new?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Tue 25 Oct 2011, 9:05 pm

mystiroakey wrote:i think it was the ball, but then that resonates into the players mindset and it becomes a mental problem.

the same thing happened in the football world cup, funnily enough i think the german and spainsh leagues played with the new ball in the seaosn before , yet i dont think the premiership did.

Was the ball in the RWC2011 used before by any team, or was it completly new?

I can't answer your question but I think your right about the mental thing. All the best kickers are well used to pressure but a little doubt over the ball (real or perceived) and the pressure grows. Crying or Very sad
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Tue 25 Oct 2011, 9:35 pm

Wales

3 losses by a total of 5 points

35 points missed from the boot against Aus/SA and France

QED

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Wed 26 Oct 2011, 1:14 am

The Ball was a new design specifically for this RWC developed by Gilbert[I think].BUT these balls were not available for practice to goalkickers pre-RWC first game.
Apparently there are some slightly different charecteristics to previous models.
Some kickers adapted some did`nt Yachvilli,Parra, Morne Steyn,all had good overall stats.
Some like JW did`nt adapt at all,BUT it has to be said many matches were in wet and blustery conditions.
Wellington especially is a tricky ground with swirling winds.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 26 Oct 2011, 8:01 am

With his meticilous preperation I was genuinely surprised how poorly Wilkinson kicked and I would still bet Jinks could slot most if not all those missed by us.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down