The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Thought or Two

5 posters

Go down

A Thought or Two Empty A Thought or Two

Post by bretmeharty Wed 26 Oct 2011, 10:43 am

OK, so some of you may have or may not have noticed that I've been away for a while (the week before hell in a cell to be exact) and I haven't seen a minute of wrestling since then also.
I really can take it or leave it at the moment and right now I'm leaving it, you could put it down to the endless times over months or even years of no emotional tie in and no character development maybe.

This past Saturday I picked up Chris Jericho's Undisputed book and have to say I really enjoyed it and the way it finished I am eager to read the next Installment. So reading the book gave me the bug to at least check out spoilers/results for the first time in a few weeks and not to my surprise I read that it seems HHH and Nash are having a full blown singular feud. My first thought was ok so HHH has openly said he doesn't need the title any more and you would think what with H entering the twilight of his career, now would be a good time to have a career making feud with "insert endless amount of guys on the roster" instead of having a washed up battle nobody wanted to see in 2003 let alone 2011.

This isn't a bash on HHH it's a bash on the whole setup and structure of how this is allowed to happen of course the game has a major input in it and between him and Vince they would have final say.

Crips I gotta give you a special shout out because you called it, Punk never did get revenge for Nash "big footing him and the only story it furthered was him and HHH.

It's also froot for anyone who has read the Y2J book to talk about it here as it is a froot book.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

A Thought or Two Empty Re: A Thought or Two

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:39 pm

How strange, I bought this on Thursday from WH Smith, finished it last night, not bad considering I was out most of the weekend, anyway, I did skim some of the Fozzy stuff near the end of the book as I'm not interested in that, didn't buy a Lion's Tale (available at all good book stores) as I'm more interested in the backstage stuff in the WWF/E

Was also surprised to read how well he and Triple H got on considering all the rumours of heat between the two, also, did he have to say 'froot' on every page?

I'm still expecting Nash to put Punk over, Nash did an Interview last week stating he'll be returning and said he should be putting Punk over, when asked if Punk was the best in the World he replied "well he'll have to be to drag this carcass through a 14 minute match"

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:55 pm

Yea I've never read lion's tale and bought this book for the same reason and I did start to to scan the fozzy stuff until I realised it was actually quite interesting with the story's of their gigs, I liked the fact that when they turned up for a gig they never knew if it was going to be 5 or 500 they were going to play for.

The people he has met or had a quick cameo with is also interesting, from a chance meting with Pavarotti in a wheel chair waiting to get off a plane to meeting the forgotton member of the beatles.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 26 Oct 2011, 1:32 pm

Yeah I read all of that, it was just the end chapters I skimmed through when he had left the WWE until it got to his mum, Benoit and his return

I always thought Stephanie was the one holding his return off but it was Vince, gotta disagree with holding it back, it became far to obvious, he should have returned 3 weeks earlier

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 26 Oct 2011, 1:51 pm

Yea I agree with that, but he wasn't complaining as he was getting paid for it any way. Regarding your point about HHH I think its just a case of the less the said the better otherwise most of it involving him would be pretty bad I should imagine, Edge's first book was the same, you get the impression they are holding back on that front

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 26 Oct 2011, 2:17 pm

I thought he went above and beyond when he was putting HHH over, I was surprised, it would have been more telling not to say anything

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 26 Oct 2011, 6:52 pm

Sounds like you've missed Triple H's finest hour.... 3 weeks ago Superstars, announcers even camera left the arena to a chorus of boo's as Triple H lapped up the applause of the audience.... Proof that Triple H even approaching the end of his career is still capable of burying the entire roster

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 26 Oct 2011, 8:48 pm

Yea that again doesn't surprise me, I bet he was waving them away with a massive smile on his face as his dream had come true - The HHH show

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 26 Oct 2011, 10:16 pm

bretmeharty wrote:Yea that again doesn't surprise me, I bet he was waving them away with a massive smile on his face as his dream had come true - The HHH show

No, but the next week with no-one backstage and no announcers he did make his way out to ringside, stand in the middle of the ring to a chorus of "HHH" chants, fling his jacket to the ground a-la Naitch (WOO), claim that no-one will force him to quit and then say he would do the entire episode of Raw alone fighting a broomstick as it would give a better match than half the locker room...

Later he allowed Cena, Punk and Sheamus to interject on "Monday Night Hunter"

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 26 Oct 2011, 10:27 pm

Dam...... he really said that broomstick comment? J hope he got a dressing down in the back afterwards by someone who has the guts to stand up to him.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 26 Oct 2011, 11:27 pm

I think the was something along the lines of 'I don't care if I've got to wrestle a broom stick for two hours....I've wrestled a lot of the guys in the parking lot... Hell the broomstick will give me a better match than most them!'

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu 27 Oct 2011, 2:02 pm

Even more signs nothing is unlikely to change once Steph and Paul get the reigns, we'll have to hope for an anti hero to thwart them, Shane McMahon anyone.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 27 Oct 2011, 2:14 pm

Shane McMahon would suck, he was the guy who lobbied for Batista at every turn and he was behind the Batista and Khali feud, just like his old man, bigger the better

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu 27 Oct 2011, 2:21 pm

Iv'e heard that before but as bad as H, Steph and Vince are I would of thought Shane was a bit more level headed then the rest.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 27 Oct 2011, 2:30 pm

No one can no for certain how they'd do things, Vince still makes every decision, I'd bet that HHH will be more clued up on what it takes to make a good wrestling show than Shane McMahon

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 27 Oct 2011, 3:39 pm

For years people said that Shane is better than Steph, but all the evidence seems to suggest it's the other way around and that Steph was the champion of people like Jericho.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down