The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Munster v. Aironi (Munster's HC team perhaps?) Friday 8.30 Musgrave Park

+4
rodders
Thomond
red_stag
Sin é
8 posters

Go down

Munster v. Aironi (Munster's HC team perhaps?) Friday 8.30 Musgrave Park Empty Munster v. Aironi (Munster's HC team perhaps?) Friday 8.30 Musgrave Park

Post by Sin é Thu 27 Oct 2011 - 12:52

Munster Name A Strong Side
27 October 2011, 11:41 amBy The Editor

RaboDirect PRO12 Round 7 Munster v Aironi, Musgrave Park, Friday 28th October, ko 8.30pm. TG4 (from 8pm followed by Edinburgh v Leinster)

Munster field their strongest side of the season for the visit of Aironi Rugby when the RaboDirect PRO12 resumes tomorrow night in Musgrave Park.
Keith Earls, Conor Murray, Ronan O'Gara, Donnacha Ryan, Paul O'Connell and Denis Leamy are all named in the starting XV for the first time this season while Donncha O'Callaghan is listed among the replacements alongside Tomas O'Leary who is also set to make his seasonal senior debut having had a run out with the A side in Galway last Friday.

Will Chambers is at outside centre which means a switch to 12 for Danny Barnes and the return of O'Connell naturally sees him take over as captain although Peter O'Mahony who assumed that role in O'Connell's absence retains his place in the starting XV.

Five players Johne Murphy, Doug Howlett, Barnes, Wian du Preez and O'Mahony retain their places in the starting XV from the Ospreys game while James Coughlan missed that Ospreys clash through injury.

The selection reflects a certain urgency to get the RWC players back into action as coach Tony McGahan explained that Munster need to hit the ground running.

"I think you'll have seen South African, English and other countries players come back and play as soon as they were out of the quarter finals. The Irish players had two weeks rest. We're already at least a week and a bit behind so we need to look at all the possibilities and people who are going to be best for us short term and long term in this 4 week block that we have."

Munster (v Aironi Rugby) RaboDirect PRO12 League, Friday (8.30pm) Musgrave Park.
J Murphy; D Howlett, W Chambers, D Barnes, K Earls; R O'Gara, C Murray; W du Preez, D Varley, BJ Botha; D Ryan, P O'Connell capt ; D Leamy, P O'Mahony, J Coughlan. Replacements: D Fogarty, M Horan, J Hayes, D O'Callaghan, N Ronan, T O'Leary, S Deasy, L Mafi.

(Not considered due to injury. David Wallace, Troy Smith, Felix Jones, Jerry Flannery, Peter Borlase, Darragh Hurley, Mike Sherry).

Tickets are on sale for this game online, via the Tramore Rd. ticket office, the Munster Rugby store on Maylor St., ticketmaster outlets, telephone (061) 421103 and on match day.

-------

Good to see POM and D Ryan in what could be our HC First choice team.

Last edited by Sin é on Thu 27 Oct 2011 - 17:33; edited 3 times in total
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Munster v. Aironi (Munster's HC team perhaps?) Friday 8.30 Musgrave Park Empty Re: Munster v. Aironi (Munster's HC team perhaps?) Friday 8.30 Musgrave Park

Post by red_stag Thu 27 Oct 2011 - 13:05

I really like that team.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Munster v. Aironi (Munster's HC team perhaps?) Friday 8.30 Musgrave Park Empty Re: Munster v. Aironi (Munster's HC team perhaps?) Friday 8.30 Musgrave Park

Post by Thomond Thu 27 Oct 2011 - 13:10

Interesting that they've picked such a strong team. Munster's Cork fans finally get to see their top class home players!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 27 Oct 2011 - 13:30

Interesting that it's Mafi rather than Barnes who's made way for Chambers?

No place in the squad for Keatley either.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 27 Oct 2011 - 13:46

Rodders - I'd say the more likely explanation is that Keatley has played about 7 matches in a row for Munster and will be needed against Leinster and Northampton. He needs a break.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 27 Oct 2011 - 14:13

Team looks great. Personally I am disappointed that POC has been given the Captain over POM. I think it would have been an interesting statement...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 27 Oct 2011 - 16:49

Wow they aren't pulling any punches with this team.

Glad to see Ryan in there and O'Mahony at 7.
Murray at 9 is equally happy days.

one thing that peeves me is the no Ian Keatley?!

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 27 Oct 2011 - 16:51

This on tv also?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 27 Oct 2011 - 17:20

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:This on tv also?

Yes. (I've changed the title to include details).

20:00 Rugbai Beo Munster v Aironi (Kick-off 8.30pm). Maire Treasa Ni Dhubhghaill presents all the action from the PRO12 encounter at Musgrave Park. Plus, delayed coverage of Edinburgh v Leinster at Murrayfield.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 27 Oct 2011 - 17:21

Why "[solved]"?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 27 Oct 2011 - 17:36

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Why "[solved]"?

Headscratch One of the Mods will have to explain that. There is a button beside the title which says solved which I clicked.

I've deleted it now.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Thu 27 Oct 2011 - 17:46

I think its something the formotion or whatever there called added it so its on this site too. Its like a Yahoo answers kind of thing, not really here.
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 28 Oct 2011 - 14:37

Sin é wrote:

20:00 Rugbai Beo Munster v Aironi (Kick-off 8.30pm). Maire Treasa Ni Dhubhghaill presents all the action from the PRO12 encounter at Musgrave Park. Plus, delayed coverage of Edinburgh v Leinster at Murrayfield.

Is that like extended highlights of the Leinster game Sin or what does it look like?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 28 Oct 2011 - 18:54

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Is that like extended highlights of the Leinster game Sin or what does it look like?

Looks like the full game. The next programme scheduled on TG4 isn't on until after midnight.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sun 30 Oct 2011 - 8:39

Cheers buddy it was indeed. Smile
What you think of the two games anyways?

Munster could have done better I felt, rogs kicking was fantastic in that weather but not scoring a try against aironi at home is not good.

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 30 Oct 2011 - 12:05

I see Munster ended the game witb a forward in the back line, a flyhalf at scrumhalf and a hooker at flanker.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 31 Oct 2011 - 10:06

What happened O'Leary? He came on for Murray and then went off again?

Also any injury update with POM?

O'Connell had another stormer but Munster attacking play was pretty one dimensional and predictable. Lots of crisp passing from side to side but very little aggressive carrying or variety. They seem to be playing the same way as last season with very little creativity, variety or control at 10-12.

Chambers looked exciting with the ball though and the set piece was strong with BJ looking very strong.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down