The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sri Lankan Cricketers not getting paid

3 posters

Go down

Sri Lankan Cricketers not getting paid Empty Sri Lankan Cricketers not getting paid

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:49 pm

I've just spotted this on the BBC. SLC hasn't paid any of it's contracted players since the World Cup. While the ICC still owes them around £3m in hosting payments they haven't paid £11m to the Chinese firm that built the new stadium in Hambantota (the SL President's home town).
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Sri Lankan Cricketers not getting paid Empty Re: Sri Lankan Cricketers not getting paid

Post by pensacric Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:15 pm

... and they wonder why their players prefer to paly in IPL.

pensacric

Back to top Go down

Sri Lankan Cricketers not getting paid Empty Re: Sri Lankan Cricketers not getting paid

Post by Fists of Fury Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:18 pm

That's a shame, seems like a real shambles. They do need to sort it out, and soon, or as pensacric rightly says there will be problems with loyalty issues and such.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:54 am

not really suprised about this to be honesat. They payed to build stuff for the world cup, and other things, and they cant afford it. They are spending money that they dont have.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:44 am

It's a real shame, I'm a big fan of Sri Lankan cricket. I'm not really surprised about the stadium in the President's home town, I holidayed in Sri Lanka just before their last election. Pretty much every bit of spare wall/fence space in Columbo and Kandy had a poster of the President on it*.

It's a beautiful country too.

* The SL President is almost a dead ringer for Billy T James (regarded in NZ as the funniest comedian we've ever had) so we got a few giggles out of the posters
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:49 pm

its a sign of the times now. Everyone and everywhere, is spending money they dont have, and just thinking that money will turn up from somewhere, and bail them out, and it dosent happen..

just look at greece.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down