The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Korea to be dropped already?

4 posters

Go down

Korea to be dropped already? Empty Korea to be dropped already?

Post by Fernando Thu 27 Oct 2011, 8:22 pm

Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has cast doubt on the future of the Korean Grand Prix, after ruling out talks to renegotiate its contract.

The promoter of the Yeongam event, Won-Hwa Park, told AUTOSPORT earlier this month that he wanted to seek a cut in the race hosting fee because of the huge losses the event is facing.

Ecclestone has said that such an outcome is unlikely, however, after conceding that he has 'no idea' if the event would remain a part of the calendar.

"There are lots of things in life you can't afford, and you don't have to have them," he told reporters at Buddh, ahead of the Indian Grand Prix. International Circuit. "And it took us long enough to negotiate with them in the first place."

He added: "It was strange. They didn't really get behind it. That was a disappointment because it was a big enough effort to get it on in the first place."

When asked if the matter would be finished if the Koreans were unable to afford the race, Ecclestone said: "Yeah".

source: autosport

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Korea to be dropped already? Empty Re: Korea to be dropped already?

Post by Critical_mass Thu 27 Oct 2011, 10:51 pm

I wouldnt be suprised if they got shot of the Korean GP. Shame seen as its a good track. But on the other hand if its not puling in the crowd then i cant see it lasting.

The answer could be other formulas and championships going on there all year round. Get the carrera cup, GT cup, gp2, gp3... etc racing there, it will help.

Im not sure why you would have a track thats not raced on for 80% of the year.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 28 Oct 2011, 1:49 pm

Critical_mass wrote:I wouldnt be suprised if they got shot of the Korean GP. Shame seen as its a good track. But on the other hand if its not puling in the crowd then i cant see it lasting.

The answer could be other formulas and championships going on there all year round. Get the carrera cup, GT cup, gp2, gp3... etc racing there, it will help.

Im not sure why you would have a track thats not raced on for 80% of the year.

Seems insane to me that you'd spend millions building a new circuit and then only use it once a year. Is it because the government failed to do enought to generate interest, or is it simply that Koreans just aren't that into motorsport?

I wouldn't miss it, personally. The races, for the most part, haven't been that great and the atmosphere has been non-existent.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Fri 28 Oct 2011, 1:52 pm

It will always be remembered for the Fernando Alonso Master Class of 2010.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:58 pm

[rolls eye] lol bless ya.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 28 Oct 2011, 4:01 pm

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:It will always be remembered for the Fernando Alonso Master Class of 2010.

You mean the same grand prix that he was heading for 2nd in until vettel's engine blew up, that's some masterclass right there alessandro Rolling Eyes

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Oct 2011, 4:08 pm

it will be remembered for two average races, sh*t weather, empty grandstands, no atmosphere or character and not much else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down