The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

well done Arsenal

5 posters

Go down

well done Arsenal Empty well done Arsenal

Post by talkingpoint Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:50 pm

5-3 against Chelsea is an amazing result for us! I was on the edge of my seat the entire game! First of all our defending over the majority of the match was atrocious - I did not have confidence in our back four at all, although I think Koscielny is improving a lot. However, saying that I think we proved today that we're not a one man team (RVP) I believe Gervinho has been a great signing for us and am really impressed by his movement and work ethic. Walcott had a really good game today and when he's good he's very good. Ramsey played superbly as well for the majority of the game. Now I know you could argue that Chelsea were as bad as we were good - and they were weak defensively just as we were, which created such an open game but in the end I think Arsenal have proven today that our season is beginning to turn around and a top 4 finish is not an unrealistic target. Despite our ongoing defensive frailties I am very proud of Arsenal and am confident we can continue to improve throughout the season.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

well done Arsenal Empty Re: well done Arsenal

Post by trottb Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:58 pm

Congratulations. Very bizarre game thought Arsenal had lost it at 3-3. Cracking games from RVP, Ramsey and Walcott for Arsenal.

Thought Mata and Sturridge were the stars for Chelsea.

I echo the thoughts of the commentators, thought the ref was good today letting the game flow and not brandishing cards every 5 minutes.

On a side note does Gervinho have the biggest forehead in premier league history?

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:04 pm

Thought Arsenal battled really well, although when Walcott came off I didn't think you'd win the game. I do think that without RVP, Arsenal would probably be so much poorer. I'm not sure of the stat, but I'd guess that the record with/without him shows quite a drastic change.

Have to disagree about Gervinho, apart from his assist he was awful with the ball today. I lost count of how many times he lost possession, delayed a pass or got tackled. Compare his performance to Walcott and he comes off worse in every department. Walcott made better runs, delivered better balls to his teammates and kept the ball more often. Arteta was the standout midfielder for Arsenal today in my opinion, another solid effort and keeping possession and calm in the middle of the park.

Mertesacker was bought to add some strength and leadership to the backline, but hasn't shown anything like it. Another poor game from him today, wouldn't surprise me if you started with Koscielny and Verm next game.

Disagree about Sturridge, very average game and didn't do much in the final third. Should have punished Santos' poor defending more often, like Mata was able to when they switched flanks.

Both teams were dreadful at defending and, whilst it created an open game, I'd be so frustrated and annoyed if they were my team.

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:01 am

Churchill wrote:Thought Arsenal battled really well, although when Walcott came off I didn't think you'd win the game. I do think that without RVP, Arsenal would probably be so much poorer. I'm not sure of the stat, but I'd guess that the record with/without him shows quite a drastic change.

Have to disagree about Gervinho, apart from his assist he was awful with the ball today. I lost count of how many times he lost possession, delayed a pass or got tackled. Compare his performance to Walcott and he comes off worse in every department. Walcott made better runs, delivered better balls to his teammates and kept the ball more often. Arteta was the standout midfielder for Arsenal today in my opinion, another solid effort and keeping possession and calm in the middle of the park.

Mertesacker was bought to add some strength and leadership to the backline, but hasn't shown anything like it. Another poor game from him today, wouldn't surprise me if you started with Koscielny and Verm next game.

Disagree about Sturridge, very average game and didn't do much in the final third. Should have punished Santos' poor defending more often, like Mata was able to when they switched flanks.

Both teams were dreadful at defending and, whilst it created an open game, I'd be so frustrated and annoyed if they were my team.

gervinho is raw at the moment, no disrespect but a good result but bad defending by both sets of teams

jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:19 pm

I'm a Man United fan and I'm really glad Arsenal are seeing some form again. I like the way they play and there trust in kids so its the least they deserve.

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:47 pm

It was in fairness a good result for Arsenal, but the celebrations at the end were a tad over the top.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down