The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fight of The Century - Lebedev - Toney - BoxNation on Friday

+6
Union Cane
Fists of Fury
88Chris05
oxring
ShahenshahG
AlexHuckerby
10 posters

Go down

Fight of The Century - Lebedev - Toney - BoxNation on Friday Empty Fight of The Century - Lebedev - Toney - BoxNation on Friday

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:36 am

obviously we are all creaming ourselves over this fight.

the only shocking thing in this fight is if toney makes the weight.

but... who wins and why? where does either of these go after and most importantly... do we care...?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Fight of The Century - Lebedev - Toney - BoxNation on Friday Empty Re: Fight of The Century - Lebedev - Toney - BoxNation on Friday

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 31 Oct 2011, 2:16 am

You must be an insomniac.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Fight of The Century - Lebedev - Toney - BoxNation on Friday Empty Re: Fight of The Century - Lebedev - Toney - BoxNation on Friday

Post by oxring Mon 31 Oct 2011, 10:42 am

I'm a sucker for abuse but hey...

I'm actually slightly excited about this fight.

Toney needs a win if he wants to gain/retain enough credibility to make further money from the sport. Lebedev gets to add another pensioner to his roster of past-it former champions. Lebedev has good power, Toney has an awesome chin.

For Toney to make 200lbs would require some dedication - and a dedicated Toney could produce something special.

Doubt it though. Likely a dull fight, a la RJJ all over again, with Lebedev doing enough to take the rounds.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 31 Oct 2011, 10:51 am

Lebedev to take the decision, Toney to moan about it afterwards as usual. Rumour has it that Toney is really driving himself in training for the first time in years, but personally I think he's left it far too late for any kind of drastic reversal in fortunes. His defensive nous and chin will keep him in it until the bitter end, but as ever Toney will look to fight in spurts too much, and will not have the power to budge Lebedev or stop him from coming forward and with it dictating the pace.

Lebedev to win a fairly dull fight on points, something like 115-113.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 31 Oct 2011, 10:53 am

Alex is leading the boxnation promotional venture on his own, it'd appear! Definitely works for them!

Garbage fight, provided to us with a garbage quality production. Think I'll pass.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 31 Oct 2011, 10:54 am

I trust that is firmly with tongue in cheek, FoF?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 31 Oct 2011, 10:54 am

thumbsup

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 31 Oct 2011, 10:55 am

Definitely a garbage fight, though! Lebedev on points, if not by stoppage, with Toney yet again doing sod all.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Mon 31 Oct 2011, 10:57 am

As good as most matches out there. Lebedev has a good dig and Toney is always entertaining whether it be in the ring or the post match interview.

I reckon Toney by KO
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 31 Oct 2011, 10:59 am

I can see Lebedev pancaking him early myself. It's a shame this fight is on Friday, would have been a certainty for the Prediction League were it on the Saturday.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Mon 31 Oct 2011, 11:04 am

Union Cane wrote:I can see Lebedev pancaking him early myself. It's a shame this fight is on Friday, would have been a certainty for the Prediction League were it on the Saturday.

Miraclegro would have had it on his PL.......
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 31 Oct 2011, 11:04 am

Fists of Fury wrote:Alex is leading the boxnation promotional venture on his own, it'd appear! Definitely works for them!

Garbage fight, provided to us with a garbage quality production. Think I'll pass.

You still bashing boxnation? It's free to air just now what are you moaning about? Would you rather they never showed it then you would need to watch it through an on-line stream?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 31 Oct 2011, 11:05 am

Michaels, Sean wrote:Miraclegro would have had it on his PL.......

Who?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Mon 31 Oct 2011, 11:06 am

Union Cane wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:Miraclegro would have had it on his PL.......

Who?

Not difficult.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 31 Oct 2011, 11:09 am

Too difficult for me, especially as I read it as Mira Clegro.

Toney is 43 years old, hasn't fought at cruiser since 2003, has had one fight in the last 2 years and weighed in at 257 for it.

Lebedev EKO.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Mon 31 Oct 2011, 11:11 am

towzer = waingro = miraclegro
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 31 Oct 2011, 11:11 am

waingro = miraclegro =/= towzer

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 31 Oct 2011, 11:46 am

Fists of Fury wrote:Alex is leading the boxnation promotional venture on his own, it'd appear! Definitely works for them!

i do a lot of these even when they are on sky but seeing as they show about 3 fights a year...

primetimes production quality makes sky look it is broadcasting from the 60s so can see why youre rogering them!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 31 Oct 2011, 11:51 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:

i do a lot of these even when they are on sky but seeing as they show about 3 fights a year...

primetimes production quality makes sky look it is broadcasting from the 60s so can see why youre rogerinh them!

Primetime at the end of this year will have had 4 boxing PPV's. Khan vs Judah/McCloskey (deemed not PPV worthy by Sky), Mayweather vs Ortiz and Pacquiao vs Marquez III. All this for £60. That's a 6 month subscription to boxnation. Boxnation is better value for money and has more boxing output. Too many people judged it before it started and are stuck in there ways.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 31 Oct 2011, 12:26 pm

hope it was taken as a joke with the whole fight of the century thing...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 31 Oct 2011, 5:03 pm

I honestly think if Toney wins it would be marvellous. He'd have claim to being the best cruiserweight out there as I see Lebedev as one of , if not the best. He was badly robbed against the limited Marco Huck and Huck is seen as the leading cruiserweight though surely through activity rather than beating quality opponents.

Got a nasty feeling that even if still capable Toney won't get a title shot if he wins and may well be robbed over in Russia.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 31 Oct 2011, 5:07 pm

if toney wins its just embarassing

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 31 Oct 2011, 5:19 pm

The cruiserweights are a joke anyway. Tarver could probably beat the lot of them and he's a past it light heavyweight!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down