The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat

+15
lydian
Jeremy_Kyle
CaledonianCraig
Marcus
laverfan
JuliusHMarx
legendkillar
Djoker is in Nadal's head
time please
Mad for Chelsea
Calder106
noleisthebest
Tenez
sportslover
bogbrush
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: General Chat

Post by Guest Mon 31 Oct 2011, 9:04 am

First topic message reminder :

Calder106 wrote: it is perceived he is not good enough when he loses to Djokovic, Nadal, or Federer but when he beats any of them its because they are not really trying or injured.

That is bang on the money, the main problem in this section and why members are leaving.
To those who are doing this, is it your aim to drive members away from this site?

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:05 pm

It becomes groundless bashing when their comments aren't backed up with facts as has been the case on a number of ocassions. Sure you may not wish to read posts praising players but it sure makes a pleasant change from negative/bashing threads.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:12 pm

S_A was a lone ranger to be honest. Murray is targetted by people, because they know they can get a rise out of it. To me it seems the more strange why posters would waste their time being annoying.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:16 pm

legendkillar wrote:Compare Marcus to someone like Super D Boon who wants to annoy posters who suport Murray. Then we get the 'go easy' on him? Where was the support for general tennis fan in Marcus?

I think anyone supported SDB over Marcus needs to look at themselves before casting judgment on others!

Hi Legend, I didn't see SDB and Marcus spate and I have been reacting here to certain who are always complaining about the state of the board, the wums, how it is as bad as 606, how the moderators need to ban certain people etc etc - I wasn't including either you or Craig in my diatribe because while I think perhaps you are allowing someone to get under your skin too much, you are both fantastic for the forum and I really hope you're not going to leave because of one irritant when there are the rest of us just waiting to chat? Hug I also understand that somedays a poster can just get under your skin and you have to let rip. The point is - we all do that and mostly we all try to contribute, but there are some (who are probably shamed into other threads now) who are noticeable here only by their absence until an argument like this begins again and then voila, they appear.

I just get so mad in life, and on forums, with those that only seem to moan and never try to make it better themselves.

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:29 pm

time please wrote:
legendkillar wrote:Compare Marcus to someone like Super D Boon who wants to annoy posters who suport Murray. Then we get the 'go easy' on him? Where was the support for general tennis fan in Marcus?

I think anyone supported SDB over Marcus needs to look at themselves before casting judgment on others!

Hi Legend, I didn't see SDB and Marcus spate and I have been reacting here to certain who are always complaining about the state of the board, the wums, how it is as bad as 606, how the moderators need to ban certain people etc etc - I wasn't including either you or Craig in my diatribe because while I think perhaps you are allowing someone to get under your skin too much, you are both fantastic for the forum and I really hope you're not going to leave because of one irritant when there are the rest of us just waiting to chat? Hug I also understand that somedays a poster can just get under your skin and you have to let rip. The point is - we all do that and mostly we all try to contribute, but there are some (who are probably shamed into other threads now) who are noticeable here only by their absence until an argument like this begins again and then voila, they appear.

I just get so mad in life, and on forums, with those that only seem to moan and never try to make it better themselves.

Hey TP,

No it wasn't a spate between Marcus and SDB, but Marcus was laid into for having a view, which wasn't how shall I put it based on 'loose facts' but more of an opinion he had on a match and how good it was. SDB tries to annoy posters and generates some support from tennis posters and yet when Marcus was laid into on his first thread, bar LF and carrieg4, no-one stuck up for the poor lamb. He is a tennis fan and I am sure would've enjoyed learning and bathing in the tennis knowledge as provided by yourself and LF especially.

I am leaning towards abandoning this section of the website, because I find that some days posters are united as you mentioned about Friday which was enoyable to chaos over the weekend yet again. So yo-yo effect this place at the moment.

I am hoping next week with Valencia and Madrid and Paris might generate some suitable topics. Hug

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:30 pm

legendkillar wrote:S_A was a lone ranger to be honest. Murray is targetted by people, because they know they can get a rise out of it. To me it seems the more strange why posters would waste their time being annoying.

Maybe because thay would like to say something about a player, although their views may not exactly be as naively positive as those of some of his die hard fans?

I, personally, struggle to talk about Murray for fear someone may get hurt.....

Don't envy YI man job, if he can make a job out of this at all.

here is kindergarten Doh
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:30 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:It becomes groundless bashing when their comments aren't backed up with facts as has been the case on a number of ocassions. Sure you may not wish to read posts praising players but it sure makes a pleasant change from negative/bashing threads.

There is room for threads praising and for being critical. SDB had a very combative point but it helped open up a debate about why Murray has done so brilliantly but failed to take the biggest prize on three occasions, is it because the others just have another level to go up to at slams, or does he lack their inner belief. In other words, the argumentative post allowed the discussion to open up as well. As for your fear that the thread was becoming hijacked by 'player bashing' - I thought in a way you allowed it to by losing your cool because everyone was debating their point well to SDB, so you were winning the argument - and it actually gave you Murray fans a chance to fully lay out his achievements so that anyone visiting the forum had a great chance to see a negative view refuted, and they may well have learned something about AM's record because you laid it out to support your argument.

Job of forum done imho!

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:31 pm

time please wrote: ... I also understand that somedays a poster can just get under your skin and you have to let rip. ...
Often those with a need to let rip are on a high bean diet.

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:32 pm

PS Legend - don't go! You're definitely someone we all need on here - go kick a cushion or something, have a stiff glass of something and promise to come back - please!

Nore Laugh Laugh just about to press send and saw your post!

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:37 pm

I'm probably being ridiculously thick, but I assume you're talking about a different Marcus to me?

Erm

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:59 pm

Marcus wrote:I'm probably being ridiculously thick, but I assume you're talking about a different Marcus to me?

Erm

If you are the Marcus of Del Potro fame then you are indeed a level minded and wise poster.

Something that this forum sadly needs more off Wink

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 31 Oct 2011, 2:02 pm

What I find completely weird is that those posters who tend to support a guy who has given them 16 happy Slams, and who is in decline, and therefore you'd expect to be a bit sensitive, tend (and I stress tend!) to be less tetchy about player criticism.

Maybe it's because we grew up on 606 with W_A etc on hand to rip our guts out whenever Fed dropped a set. It would be truly brutal if he and Dr_Sincere, mediter, etc were on here now, but I wouldn't complain about it.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Mon 31 Oct 2011, 2:04 pm

Well why don't you let your fingers do the walking on the keyboard more often then SL, rather than complaining about the same old same old. One look at your posting history compared to many other posters shows that while you are hardly helping to contribute to the collective knowledge on the forum, you do like to hammer home this one message that most of us are a waste of space Rolling Eyes conveniently forgetting all the entertaining articles everytime.

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon 31 Oct 2011, 7:31 pm

I remember those days BB, to be fair some of the anti-Feds were genuinely funny. The funniest for me was CocteauTwin/AIR, had me in creases sometimes.

lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Mon 31 Oct 2011, 7:39 pm

Ooooooooohhhhhhh

606 has never been more alive and well -

More's the pity !!!!!

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Mon 31 Oct 2011, 7:40 pm

(eats popcorn and waits for the next bout) General Chat - Page 2 3353031679

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Oct 2011, 7:42 pm

(lets someone else have a go at looking after the tennis section)

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon 31 Oct 2011, 7:47 pm

Moderation is a bit like business mgmt, can be a thankless task but nobody else wants to do it! We have to recognise that not everybody likes a combative style of debating though, and we have to remember that not everyone has a PhD in tennis here, nor needs to in order to post their opinion.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Oct 2011, 7:47 pm

I'd be the last to moan about some Murray rib tickling, at times it can be extremely funny and entertaining. Most times I know the poster is just poking a bit of fun at us Murray supporters.

But, and its a big but, there are times when disrespectful remarks about him do not allow the normal flow of conversation to continue. The thread is disrupted and gets hijacked by argumentative posting and the usual dismay follows.

Again, its all down to showing each other some intelligent respect, which if you look closely, is all YIMan is asking for.

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Mon 31 Oct 2011, 7:48 pm

[quote="yummymummy"](eats popcorn and waits for the next bout) Broken Record

There's more than one kind of Broken Record spinning on this thread!

Still there are plenty more active threads on the forum - do you need directions?

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon 31 Oct 2011, 7:51 pm

Jubba - PS. I got your PM thanks - for some reason it didnt show up as a new message, weird. It never ceases to amaze me how fans of the same sport end up arguing with each other when they wouldnt with someone else who's not a fan of said sport!
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Mon 31 Oct 2011, 7:52 pm

[quote="time please"]
yummymummy wrote:(eats popcorn and waits for the next bout) General Chat - Page 2 3353031679

There's more than one kind of General Chat - Page 2 3353031679 spinning on this thread!

Still there are plenty more active threads on the forum - do you need directions?

NO

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Mon 31 Oct 2011, 7:59 pm

[quote="yummymummy"]
time please wrote:
yummymummy wrote:(eats popcorn and waits for the next bout) General Chat - Page 2 3353031679

There's more than one kind of General Chat - Page 2 3353031679 spinning on this thread!

NO

Why not yummy - why do you look for the bad, when there is so much good out there too? If it's all so awful and beyond hope, why torture yourself by coming here - I just don't understand. There is a thread by hawkeye today about charismatic players, following on from good discussions on Friday. A Basel thread, a thread about people going to WTF.

If you can't find something to enjoy, why come? I am asking you, Jubba and SL a genuine question here - if I had such a low opinion of a forum and its posters, I'd find somewhere else I really enjoyed - the web is a big enough place for everybody.

This was my argument YI Man - and I wouldn't blame you if you did desert all of us for a large G & T now - I am beginning to doubt my own sanity!

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Oct 2011, 8:09 pm

Me, what the hell have I done now TP !!!

All I have ever done is ask people to be respectful, and now I'm being branded a moaner.

What exactly are you doing on this thread apart from "moaning" about some posters expressing their feelings about the forum, why don't you lay off "us" for a change and let "us" say what we feel.

And as for really enjoying this forum, that is for you to decide and not censor "us" into going somewhere else because you "feel" it is right for you. I only post on threads that I feel are decent enough to contribute to or I find interesting. I haven't posted on articles that are basically a nasty jab at a player for reasons only known to the poster.

I don't like your attitude here or your higher than mighty opinion of me. What makes you a better poster than me, and thats a genuine question ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Mon 31 Oct 2011, 8:19 pm

This place is getting more like 606 by the day, and no, that's not a good thing.

Everyone should calm down, and watch re-runs of the 2009 mens US open final. Rejoice in the finest teniss match ever. Amen.

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Oct 2011, 8:23 pm

OK Marcus, I'm off to Utube to find it. (and a large whiskey to boot)

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon 31 Oct 2011, 8:28 pm

Marcus wrote:This place is getting more like 606 by the day, and no, that's not a good thing.

Everyone should calm down, and watch re-runs of the 2009 mens US open final. Rejoice in the finest tennis match ever. Amen.

No, it's not, well for most of us. It's just the ever-moaning few who nothing's ever good enough for. Plus they never contribute with any decent threads, either, just come here to criticise in an aloof manner.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon 31 Oct 2011, 8:30 pm

Marcus wrote:This place is getting more like 606 by the day, and no, that's not a good thing.

Everyone should calm down, and watch re-runs of the 2009 mens US open final. Rejoice in the finest teniss match ever. Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcVHvh55bP0

Enjoy! Very good match indeed.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon 31 Oct 2011, 8:31 pm

BTW, Isner just lost to Pospisil in Valencia in third set TB 7-6(9) after Pospisil missed a couple of MPs earlier.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 31 Oct 2011, 8:37 pm

Laugh

I have to say I laughed as I thought calm had come across the board when other threads were posted.

I come here and well, it was round 2.

Let's all have a hug Hug

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon 31 Oct 2011, 8:40 pm

legendkillar wrote: Laugh

I have to say I laughed as I thought calm had come across the board when other threads were posted.

I come here and well, it was round 2.

Let's all have a hug Hug

stuff it, after the day I've had Shocked , why not Hug Hug Hug

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Mon 31 Oct 2011, 8:52 pm

Isn't the distinction between debate and player bashing patently obvious????

As a Murray fan (in recent years - Agassi before that) I am accepting of criticism of him. As long as someone is clearly expressing an opinion it is fair enough. What is entirely unacceptable is when people state opinions as if they are facts. On here and original 606 I have heard all the "facts"

"He will never win a slam and that is a fact" - how about next weeks lottery numbers to go with that - utter dross

"No weapons" - Don't get me started - pathetic statement

"Only wins when others don't try" - Utter bull

If posters state opinions then debate is possible - with the others as describe above it is not. Clear difference.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Mon 31 Oct 2011, 8:56 pm

Just seen the intervening posts - it has been a rough day so Hug all round and here's to reasoned and constructive debate guinness Bubbly RedWine cider (one wasn't enough) hic

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 31 Oct 2011, 8:56 pm

carrieg4 wrote:Isn't the distinction between debate and player bashing patently obvious????

As a Murray fan (in recent years - Agassi before that) I am accepting of criticism of him. As long as someone is clearly expressing an opinion it is fair enough. What is entirely unacceptable is when people state opinions as if they are facts. On here and original 606 I have heard all the "facts"

"He will never win a slam and that is a fact" - how about next weeks lottery numbers to go with that - utter dross

"No weapons" - Don't get me started - pathetic statement

"Only wins when others don't try" - Utter bull

If posters state opinions then debate is possible - with the others as describe above it is not. Clear difference.

Spot on. clap

Also the thread where Murray was painted as a strike leader on the strength of one comment on BBC site where he said there could be strike action. Yet from the same source a week or two later Andy clearly said he hoped there wasn't a strike (not strike leader talk that) yet very few if any of those that painted him as strike leader dared come on here and retract their remarks or apologise and admit they were wrong.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

General Chat - Page 2 Empty Tennis and love I part

Post by polished_man Mon 31 Oct 2011, 9:08 pm

Ist part
With the intent to pacificate the spirits I'd like to talk about one the most important aspect of tennis right now: love.

Tennis and love: at a first glance two distinct and absolutely unuseful features of human life, yet in reality such an essential part of the every day life of so many.

Their deeply interwined nature make totally impossible to separate one from the other.

I, for example, have always tried to conquer the girls I liked and that normally would have never even bother to talk to me, through teaching tennis.

Tennis in fact seems to have an exhilarate effect on girls and women in general. The less they are able to strike the ball, the more they seem to enjoy a sort of sadistic gratification in seeing you running down balls that otherwise would probably have smashed the window of your local club or make someone of the adjacent courts really injured.........
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Mon 31 Oct 2011, 9:12 pm

IF the majority of posters will give Murray a break then

606v2 would be a happier forum. Unfortunately we STILL

seem to attract the ABMs. Have you tried posting when EVERYONE

is dissing your player timeplease?

It does tend to annoy one after a while which is what we *old*

posters on 606 had to put up with !

Hve you EVER seen me post a derogatory remark about any other

player? - NO - Thought NOT !

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Mon 31 Oct 2011, 9:14 pm

polished_man wrote:Ist part
With the intent to pacificate the spirits I'd like to talk about one the most important aspect of tennis right now: love.

Tennis and love: at a first glance two distinct and absolutely unuseful features of human life, yet in reality such an essential part of the every day life of so many.

Their deeply interwined nature make totally impossible to separate one from the other.

I, for example, have always tried to conquer the girls I liked and that normally would have never even bother to talk to me, through teaching tennis.

Tennis in fact seems to have an exhilarate effect on girls and women in general. The less they are able to strike the ball, the more they seem to enjoy a sort of sadistic gratification in seeing you running down balls that otherwise would probably have smashed the window of your local club or make someone of the adjacent courts really injured.........

That post is both offensive and sexist - Prat

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Mon 31 Oct 2011, 9:40 pm

GEEZ!! Why are certain women so short of humour. Very Happy

And I even remember a time when you were really nice and funny

before you got sour grapes Sad
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 31 Oct 2011, 9:43 pm

polished_man wrote:
And I even remember a time when you were really nice and funny

Do you?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Mon 31 Oct 2011, 10:51 pm

Jubbahey wrote:Me, what the hell have I done now TP !!!

All I have ever done is ask people to be respectful, and now I'm being branded a moaner.

What exactly are you doing on this thread apart from "moaning" about some posters expressing their feelings about the forum, why don't you lay off "us" for a change and let "us" say what we feel.

And as for really enjoying this forum, that is for you to decide and not censor "us" into going somewhere else because you "feel" it is right for you. I only post on threads that I feel are decent enough to contribute to or I find interesting. I haven't posted on articles that are basically a nasty jab at a player for reasons only known to the poster.

I don't like your attitude here or your higher than mighty opinion of me. What makes you a better poster than me, and thats a genuine question ?

Actually Jubb the last thing I am trying to do is censor anyone - I had the impression that is what you wanted.

I singled out you SL and Yummy because you are the three that I have seen moaning about everyone else and talking as if all that goes on here is 'player bashing' when actually there is masses of good stuff. You may find seeing AM criticised hard, but I find a forum that actually rubs along very well for the most part criticised all the time by you three - and yes, you are indirectly criticising all on here by doing so and yet lots of us have asked you all politely several times to contribute more.

Yummy's response to me really sums up what annoys me - her 'NO' to be interested in any other part of the forum - there are good things she could get from this place, but she has decided 'NO', and I am afraid that I find it hard to distinguish between her attitude and SL's. You brought a great thread the other day and you had quite a bit of interest - why not focus on the positives like that, or write some more - you are an intelligent and articulate writer and I, for one, would respond much better to that than being lectured all the time. I don't think I am a better poster than you - in fact I think atm I am probably a very argumentative pain in the a&&, but I do think that I try to contribute to most threads and that if the day comes when I find I want to say 'NO' to most of them, then I will say adieu to this place.

And Yummy, of course I have seen plenty of articles in the past knocking my favourite player - I probably don't feel quite as possessive over his reputation as some do over their favourite players, but I understand the nature of forums and either debate, or ignore. I like to see respect amongst posters as well, but your negativity towards the rest of us shows very little of that.

Jubba you see me as telling you how to behave but I am responding to you constantly telling everyone else how to. Look at the percentage of my posts and most regulars here and these kind of posts are in the minority - now go check out yours, yummys and sportslovers and see how they are the overwhelming majority of all your contributions - that is what is infuriating, not your opinion but that it is all you three seem to want to contribute to the forum, like you have given up on it anyway and you just don't want to see anything good in it - that is certainly my impression from the three of you, and I am disappointed by it. Sorry.

And YI Man, I do think that if pms go to posters who are poster bashing then that is sensible, but I also think you should look at other poster's contributions and work out (and I do exclude you from this Jubbahey) whether there is not a bit of alternative 'wumming' going on with some posters only appearing to complain - how can they effectively try and stifle posters they have a dislike towards, such as a good and regular poster like Tenez (yes I am talking to you SL) when they are not prepared to be an active member of this forum on a regular basis, only using it as a short of wailing wall.

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon 31 Oct 2011, 11:15 pm

excellent work this thread, a real island of insanity. So we have

- people who complain about people

- people who complain about those people complaining about people

and even

- people complaining about people who complain about people complaining about people

Never mind YI, you tried tour best clap

Let anarchy reign

Braveheart

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon 31 Oct 2011, 11:17 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:excellent work this thread, a real island of insanity. So we have

- people who complain about people

- people who complain about those people complaining about people

and even

- people complaining about people who complain about people complaining about people

Never mind YI, you tried tour best clap

Let anarchy reign

Braveheart

How dare YOU not complain!
I am now complaining because you are NOT complaining mad

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon 31 Oct 2011, 11:26 pm

TP...

In Jubbahey's defence, may I present the following samplings -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A78253310
http://news.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A74532927
http://news.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A63493040

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 31 Oct 2011, 11:39 pm

Does anyone have a spare beer going?

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon 31 Oct 2011, 11:46 pm

Here you go Ale

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon 31 Oct 2011, 11:52 pm

legendkillar wrote:Does anyone have a spare beer going?

For the time being...

Ale guinness cider

will these work? Wink

General Chat - Page 2 River General Chat - Page 2 Icon_beugel

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Nov 2011, 12:12 am

I think yummy's contribution to this thread has from the outset been negative and inflammatory - not one positive or attempt to conciliate. Jubba's contributions to this thread has been fine. This is just my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 01 Nov 2011, 12:16 am

yummymummy wrote:IF the majority of posters will give Murray a break then

606v2 would be a happier forum. Unfortunately we STILL

seem to attract the ABMs. Have you tried posting when EVERYONE

is dissing your player timeplease?

It does tend to annoy one after a while which is what we *old*

posters on 606 had to put up with !

Hve you EVER seen me post a derogatory remark about any other

player? - NO - Thought NOT !

I think this sums up what a lot of people feel. It's annoying that posters feel the need to attack players without any arguments to back them up. So then fans of said player have a go at the poster, who has a go back, and bad feelings boil over. Soon there will be war!

Let anarchy reign

Braveheart

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Nov 2011, 12:25 am

Mad for Chelsea wrote:... So then fans of said player have a go at the poster, who has a go back, and bad feelings boil over. Soon there will be war!

Let anarchy reign

Braveheart
Not sure whether you were being flippant here but of course this is not war. War is what happened in Iraq, Libya, what is happening in Afghanistan, Yemen, Sudan, Somalia, Parts of Pakistan etc. All that is happening here is some discussion about a few multimillionaire kids knocking a ball around.

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:23 am

time please wrote:
Jubbahey wrote:Me, what the hell have I done now TP !!!

Actually Jubb the last thing I am trying to do is censor anyone - I had the impression that is what you wanted.

I singled out you SL and Yummy because you are the three that I have seen moaning about everyone else and talking as if all that goes on here is 'player bashing' when actually there is masses of good stuff. You may find seeing AM criticised hard, but I find a forum that actually rubs along very well for the most part criticised all the time by you three - and yes, you are indirectly criticising all on here by doing so and yet lots of us have asked you all politely several times to contribute more.

Yummy's response to me really sums up what annoys me - her 'NO' to be interested in any other part of the forum - there are good things she could get from this place, but she has decided 'NO', and I am afraid that I find it hard to distinguish between her attitude and SL's. You brought a great thread the other day and you had quite a bit of interest - why not focus on the positives like that, or write some more - you are an intelligent and articulate writer and I, for one, would respond much better to that than being lectured all the time. I don't think I am a better poster than you - in fact I think atm I am probably a very argumentative pain in the a&&, but I do think that I try to contribute to most threads and that if the day comes when I find I want to say 'NO' to most of them, then I will say adieu to this place.

And Yummy, of course I have seen plenty of articles in the past knocking my favourite player - I probably don't feel quite as possessive over his reputation as some do over their favourite players, but I understand the nature of forums and either debate, or ignore. I like to see respect amongst posters as well, but your negativity towards the rest of us shows very little of that.

Jubba you see me as telling you how to behave but I am responding to you constantly telling everyone else how to. Look at the percentage of my posts and most regulars here and these kind of posts are in the minority - now go check out yours, yummys and sportslovers and see how they are the overwhelming majority of all your contributions - that is what is infuriating, not your opinion but that it is all you three seem to want to contribute to the forum, like you have given up on it anyway and you just don't want to see anything good in it - that is certainly my impression from the three of you, and I am disappointed by it. Sorry.

And YI Man, I do think that if pms go to posters who are poster bashing then that is sensible, but I also think you should look at other poster's contributions and work out (and I do exclude you from this Jubbahey) whether there is not a bit of alternative 'wumming' going on with some posters only appearing to complain - how can they effectively try and stifle posters they have a dislike towards, such as a good and regular poster like Tenez (yes I am talking to you SL) when they are not prepared to be an active member of this forum on a regular basis, only using it as a short of wailing wall.

To be an active member - Unfortunately I don't have the same amount of time as some of you seem to have and really look on "Forums" as a bit of light relief, so consequently I dont feel the need to write long winded posts.

Tenez - OK you are obviously a fan, but his articles have the same repetative themes, Physique, Size of balls, Speed of courts, throw in the use of using illegal substances, and lets link them all and have a "bash at Rafa Nadal". Have you ever wondered why he was banned from other forums and does anyone know why? I am not even a Nadal fan but he does deserve respect.

YI Man is concerned why people are leaving this forum, look at the recent article by CaledonianCraig "Well done Andy" and that might give you a clue!

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:45 am

"YI Man is concerned why people are leaving this forum, look at the recent article by CaledonianCraig "Well done Andy" and that might give you a clue!"

Who exactly is leaving this forum?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next