The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey news/articles

+33
JDizzle
Bull
NickisBHAFC
kwinigolfer
Kidderlad
king_carlos
Biltong
msp83
LOVERBOY
HantsHenry
chrisss
Mike Selig
Derbyblue
kingdaveeagle
Mat
SimonofSurrey
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
thegooch7
Good Golly I'm Olly
atletico86
jimbohammers
jbd349
Shelsey93
jimbobgooner
Dulwich_Dog
Tibor
ChrisfromStroud
chichestersurryfan
Carrotdude
Corporalhumblebucket
guildfordbat
ShankyCricket
Fists of Fury
37 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Surrey news/articles - Page 4 Empty Surrey news/articles

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi guys

Just a quick one to let you know that I have spoken with All Out Cricket regarding the amount of Surrey fans we have here at 606v2, and they're going to look to provide any Surrey related blogs/news/articles that they have to this section. Given that their office is located near to the Oval, they often chat with the Surrey guys and as such get some good interviews, so hopefully they can get some of those across here for you fellas to get your teeth into.

Cheers

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Surrey news/articles - Page 4 Empty Re: Surrey news/articles

Post by guildfordbat Thu May 03, 2012 5:00 am

Carrotdude wrote:Last I could find out we were 129-4 in reply. Think Burns opened and did well again.
Hi Carrot - yep, Burns opened and made 38 with a few dashing shots. Tommy Lancefield also going well last I heard.

Apparently, Ramps retired on 13. Presumably an injury. Maybe the wallpaper site will say more later. No doubt he'll tweet if it's down to the pitch! Wink

As Carrot posted earlier, bowling honours to Boy George - 5 for 20 off 8 overs! clap

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu May 03, 2012 6:53 am

According to the Somerset website Surrey had reached 194 - 6. So a good lead but not an overwhelming one.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri May 04, 2012 7:27 am

Carrotdude wrote:The first CB40 game of the season is meant to be on Friday and on TV so hopefully the weather holds up. Any thoughts on our team for that competition? I'm thinking:

Davies
Le Roi
Hyphen
Wine Gums
Reindeer
Brain
Spriegel
River
Lewis
Dernbach
Meaker

I feel like I've forgotten someone... looks OK though top 7 are all very capable of making big runs and gives us 6 bowling options. I fear Meaker and River will leak quite a few runs but also capable of wicket taking deliveries.

The published squad is as above minus River, plus Nora. And then drinks carrier (Wilson) has been added as well as Ansari. The latter is an interesting choice on a brief break from Cambridge. Maybe included to help bonding with the squad and to show he is very much in Adams mind for later in the season when uni is finished.....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri May 04, 2012 7:38 am

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:According to the Somerset website Surrey had reached 194 - 6. So a good lead but not an overwhelming one.
Corporal - thanks for the pointer to the Somerset website.

Unlike our own website, I found the Somerset one refreshing in telling it as it is. It didn't hold back in saying how on top we were in this seconds' game and in another article made no attempt to duck the Chris Gayle fiasco.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat May 05, 2012 11:59 pm

Somerset website reports that Surrey 2nd XI beat their Somerset equivalents by 10 wickets. Surrey bowled Somerset out for around 190 in the second innings leaving the home side to score just 46 to win. No information on performances by Surrey players...

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Sun May 06, 2012 12:35 am

Edwards got another 4 in the second innings I think so 9 in the match for him, good signs!

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun May 06, 2012 12:43 am

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Somerset website reports that Surrey 2nd XI beat their Somerset equivalents by 10 wickets. Surrey bowled Somerset out for around 190 in the second innings leaving the home side to score just 46 to win. No information on performances by Surrey players...
Corporal - Boy George Edwards picked up a further four wickets to give him nine in the match. Three second innings wickets for River and two for Viscount. Took a little while to get the tenth wicket - finally fell to the slow left arm of Tommy Lancefield. Ramps opened with Harinath and they soon knocked off the runs.

Although I don't tweet, I obtained these details via twitter. Google 'Muhammed Saqib Sher twitter' and you'll see a report and, scrolling down, details as they happended. Mo Sher is the Club's intern covering the second eleven this season - he seems a good lad although somewhat obsessed with packs of rolos and brews of tea!! Very Happy

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon May 07, 2012 8:08 pm

Churchy's video match report on the Scotland match looks as though it's coming from his kitchen. If so, he's got good taste in tiles Wink

Thanks for the update about Surrey 2nd XI Guildford....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue May 08, 2012 6:03 am

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Churchy's video match report on the Scotland match looks as though it's coming from his kitchen. If so, he's got good taste in tiles Wink

Cororal - just watched it. Yes, I suspect the report was made at Church Towers. He really goes beyond the call of duty. clap Towards the end of play yesterday, Churchy said the report probably wouldn't be on the club website until Tuesday morning due to the time taken to travel back and today being a public holiday. He clearly decided that would be too long for us to wait as soon as he walked through his front door! Very Happy

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue May 08, 2012 7:38 am

Surrey's cc match against Worcester has been moved back to New Road in view of better than expected recovery from the flooding. But BBC weather forecast shows weds as damp and what looks like monsoon conditions on Weds night. So it may not make much difference anyway...

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jbd349 Fri May 11, 2012 3:13 am

Dernbach and Meaker each have three wickets in the first innings of the England Lions match.

jbd349

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Fri May 11, 2012 5:13 am

Jade only got 2 I think, still good though!

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Tue May 15, 2012 7:54 pm

Ramprakash has been excluded from this week's Surrey squad to play Somerset.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Tue May 15, 2012 9:12 pm

It's sad, but the right decision. We can't afford to keep carrying him when his form is pretty shocking. Brain will need some runs soon too. Hope Roy can now have a run in the side.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu May 17, 2012 6:23 am

A good performance from Surrey today - well, the second eleven anyway! Wink

They took on Middlesex at Richmond in a 40 over friendly and won by 6 wickets.

Middlesex were restricted to 184 - 5 with Linley taking 3 wickets. Dunn (remember him? Shocked ) and Jewell got one each.

Burns top scored in our reply with 74. Useful scores as well from Lancefield (41), Spriegel (30 not out) and Wilson (15).

A repeat game is being played on Friday.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu May 17, 2012 8:12 am

Ramps apparently playing for Stanmore CC in the Middlesex league on Saturday.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 17, 2012 6:41 pm

if he thinks the pitches are bad at county level, then he wont be any happier with them at club level!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Thu May 17, 2012 6:43 pm

CF wrote:if he thinks the pitches are bad at county level, then he wont be any happier with them at club level!

Maybe. Though from the experience of my club's 1st XI the pitches tend to be pretty decent in 1st XI club cricket.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 17, 2012 6:47 pm

yh they are very good, well my side's 1st XI pitch is very good..

however it still wont be county level class, which means we can expect another ramps rant on twitter.

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri May 18, 2012 9:13 pm

I was told at the Oval yesterday that Ramps will definitely play for Stanmore on Saturday and for Surrey seconds next week. He therefore definitely won't be back for the Warks CC match starting Wednesday (not sure if that is good or bad news for you, Fists? Smile ).

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat May 19, 2012 8:42 am

guildfordbat wrote:A good performance from Surrey today - well, the second eleven anyway! Wink

They took on Middlesex at Richmond in a 40 over friendly and won by 6 wickets.

Middlesex were restricted to 184 - 5 with Linley taking 3 wickets. Dunn (remember him? Shocked ) and Jewell got one each.

Burns top scored in our reply with 74. Useful scores as well from Lancefield (41), Spriegel (30 not out) and Wilson (15).

A repeat game is being played on Friday.
Surrey lost today's repeat fixture by 9 runs. Middlesex made 211 off their 40 overs whilst we fell just short in reply despite fifty from Gary Wilson. Tom Jewell had earlier taken 3 wickets. There was a wicket as well for Academy member Jack Winslade and certainly one for him to remember - that of Eoin Morgan upon return from the IPL.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat May 19, 2012 8:55 am

Will be on extended patrol so won't be posting for short while...

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Sun May 20, 2012 8:21 pm

So 6 matches in, how is everyone faring? In terms of batting only Hyphen and Wine Gums have anything to write home about, both averaging around 50. Davies, despite a century this week is at 28, Reindeer at 23 and Brain at 18 - none of which are good enough. Ramps is at a quite appalling 7.75 but Le Roi has at least shown some promise and got some starts which leaves his average from 2 matches at 31. Lewis has turned out to be our best all rounder with a string of not outs leaving him with an average of 32 so far!

Our resident all rounder, Chris Jordan, has been disappointing to say the least - 78 runs at just under 10 with the bat and 7 wickets at just over 40 with the ball. Not sure why he is in the team tbh. The rest of the bowling is much better with Lewis, Meaker and Dernbach all averaging under 20. Meaker has 22 wickets now from just 3 matches, what a star that man is! Linley has done well when he's played with 8 wickets at 25 but Batty has been slightly disappointing with only 6 wickets at 46 - however I'd expect him to improve on this a lot towards the end of the season where pitches are more spinner friendly.

So overall I would say we've done OK so far, all of our matches have been close and there has been a lot of fight shown by this team which teams of the past just didn't have. The batting is what needs work though and the stats back that up, I could see Burns pushing one or two closely for a starting place after his impressive second's performances this season

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon May 21, 2012 7:16 am

Good overview, Carrot.

For me, Reindeer has been the most disappointing. Signed to strengthen the up top batting but too often getting out early and leaving the others much to do.

Looking forward to Ansari being available although he might find it difficult to get in the team once Kartik arrives. I had hoped Ansari would be around for this week's CC game against Warks. Unfortunately for him and us, he'll be taking exams at university then.

On a point of anorak detail, I believe Linley has 6 CC wickets.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Mon May 21, 2012 8:26 am

guildfordbat wrote:Good overview, Carrot.

For me, Reindeer has been the most disappointing. Signed to strengthen the up top batting but too often getting out early and leaving the others much to do.

Looking forward to Ansari being available although he might find it difficult to get in the team once Kartik arrives. I had hoped Ansari would be around for this week's CC game against Warks. Unfortunately for him and us, he'll be taking exams at university then.

Not strictly on topic, but I wonder if Rudolph has played his way out of the SA side rather than into form?

He is competing with Duminy for a slot, and both scored 100s in New Zealand. Having said that, Duminy has been at the IPL rather than trying to adapt to conditions etc.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Mon May 21, 2012 9:24 am

guildfordbat wrote:Good overview, Carrot.

Quite right about the Viscount, guildford, I put it a '2' in the wrong column on my spreadsheet! Agree about Reindeer, he has got a couple of starts and a good score in his 1 CB40 match but I think Burns would have a similar/better record had he been opening this season which is disappointing. We quite often don't have any luck with our overseas players.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Tue May 29, 2012 8:08 pm

OK so another mini article from me coming up, apologies!

We haven't been outplayed in an entire match so far in the CC yet have won just 1 out of 7 so where is it going wrong and what needs improvement? Well firstly our first innings scores have been generally dreadful - just 1 over 300 and 4 (out of 6) under 250 just isn't good enough and has left us on the back foot from the very start of the game. We have generally done better in the second innings although have only got one big score, against Worcs, that has really put us in the box seat.

I think with our batting line up we all know collapses are possible but it is disappointing that Brain, Reindeer and Ramps as our experienced heads couldn't help build big totals. I think our opening pair is a big issue, we have yet to find the right combination. For me Roy is just too aggressive to open, especially away from the Oval - I'd like him to be at 4 like KP is for England. Davies can do well but we know he doesn't like doing it and is a lot to ask for a WK. I think we might see Burns doing the job at some point and he has done well for the seconds in that role - I won't mention the Jordan experiment! For the moment there isn't a lot we can do about it and so you have to sympathise with Adams - I do hear there is a very promising opening batsmen in our academy so hopefully he can solve our problems!

The big big plus this year is our captain's performances showing he is maturing along with Wine Gums and making our lower middle order very decent indeed although too often they are trying to rescue us rather than build a big total.

Bowling - there isn't a lot to say here as we've generally been very good. Most people have 'come to the party' at some point and we obviously have a massive talent in Stuart Meaker capable of taking a game by the scruff of the neck. Just a couple of times we've not had enough to deliver the killer blow - both against Worcs (when Meaker wasn't there) and more recently Warks when we had a full strength attack which makes that a bigger disappointment. Maybe if we'd had Kartik in that game it may have made the difference?

Anyway, there are still 9 games left so hopefully we will start turning some of these close games into wins otherwise we'll be looking at a quick return to Div 2. Right now as long as we stay up I don't care how many we win, we should put up a strong challenge in the CB40 and T20 (which I expect a better campaign than last year) so we still have a lot to be happy about and look forward to.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Wed May 30, 2012 2:41 am

Dont know if any of you Surrey fans can help me, me and a couple of mates are planning to go to the Oval on Sunday for the CB40 game. How easy is it to get to the Oval on the Underground from Waterloo? Also how much would tickets be on the day?

Cheers!

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Wed May 30, 2012 2:50 am

jimbohammers wrote:Dont know if any of you Surrey fans can help me, me and a couple of mates are planning to go to the Oval on Sunday for the CB40 game. How easy is it to get to the Oval on the Underground from Waterloo? Also how much would tickets be on the day?

Cheers!

Not a Surrey fan but regularly use the Northern line. Would only take 15 minutes at most from platform to platform. Don't know about ticket prices though.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Wed May 30, 2012 2:59 am

jimbohammers wrote:Dont know if any of you Surrey fans can help me, me and a couple of mates are planning to go to the Oval on Sunday for the CB40 game. How easy is it to get to the Oval on the Underground from Waterloo? Also how much would tickets be on the day?

Cheers!

Ticket prices are £20 for adults but £15 if you book in advance I think.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed May 30, 2012 4:14 am

Jimbo - to confirm other posts, ticket prices are £15 when bought online - just go to the Tickets section on the Surrey website. Best value if definitely going.

Piece of cake to get to the Oval from Waterloo on the Northern Line

Make sure you get there on time - you don't want to miss Meaker skittling your openers or Roy racing to 50! Very Happy

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Wed May 30, 2012 4:38 am

Or Dimi going at 1 an over whilst picking up wickets thumbsup

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Wed May 30, 2012 4:39 am

Cheers guys OK

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed May 30, 2012 4:47 am

Carrotdude wrote:OK so another mini article from me coming up, apologies!

We haven't been outplayed in an entire match so far in the CC yet have won just 1 out of 7 so where is it going wrong and what needs improvement? Well firstly our first innings scores have been generally dreadful - just 1 over 300 and 4 (out of 6) under 250 just isn't good enough and has left us on the back foot from the very start of the game. We have generally done better in the second innings although have only got one big score, against Worcs, that has really put us in the box seat.

I think with our batting line up we all know collapses are possible but it is disappointing that Brain, Reindeer and Ramps as our experienced heads couldn't help build big totals. I think our opening pair is a big issue, we have yet to find the right combination. For me Roy is just too aggressive to open, especially away from the Oval - I'd like him to be at 4 like KP is for England. Davies can do well but we know he doesn't like doing it and is a lot to ask for a WK. I think we might see Burns doing the job at some point and he has done well for the seconds in that role - I won't mention the Jordan experiment! For the moment there isn't a lot we can do about it and so you have to sympathise with Adams - I do hear there is a very promising opening batsmen in our academy so hopefully he can solve our problems!

The big big plus this year is our captain's performances showing he is maturing along with Wine Gums and making our lower middle order very decent indeed although too often they are trying to rescue us rather than build a big total.

Bowling - there isn't a lot to say here as we've generally been very good. Most people have 'come to the party' at some point and we obviously have a massive talent in Stuart Meaker capable of taking a game by the scruff of the neck. Just a couple of times we've not had enough to deliver the killer blow - both against Worcs (when Meaker wasn't there) and more recently Warks when we had a full strength attack which makes that a bigger disappointment. Maybe if we'd had Kartik in that game it may have made the difference?

Anyway, there are still 9 games left so hopefully we will start turning some of these close games into wins otherwise we'll be looking at a quick return to Div 2. Right now as long as we stay up I don't care how many we win, we should put up a strong challenge in the CB40 and T20 (which I expect a better campaign than last year) so we still have a lot to be happy about and look forward to.

Another good article, Carrot. Nothing I can even quibble with there.

I agree with you that staying up has to be the main aim. We've just about shown that we're good enough to do that although inconsistency and the lack of a killer touch mean we certainly can't relax. It would be great to play at least reasonably in every session of our remaining CC games - starting at Horsham next week!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed May 30, 2012 4:48 am

jimbohammers wrote:Or Dimi going at 1 an over whilst picking up wickets thumbsup
Laugh

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Wed May 30, 2012 5:12 am

Or Carbs smashing you out of the park Whistle

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:34 am

Welcome back, Corporal. Hope you're not too foot sore! Wink

Anyway, word on the street - or, at least, the Vauxhall Road - is that Ramps is to be recalled as an opening bat for this week's CC match at Horsham.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:44 am

Hi Guildford - been tramping the hills in Shropshire and Powys.....Very warm and sunny most of the time Very Happy Not too many blisters....

Disappointed we fell away against Warks. Looks like a tough second half of the cc season...

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:21 am

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Hi Guildford - been tramping the hills in Shropshire and Powys.....Very warm and sunny most of the time Very Happy Not too many blisters....

Disappointed we fell away against Warks. Looks like a tough second half of the cc season...
Hi Corporal - glad you had a good time.

I still blame myself for rather jinxing it against Warks. I managed to get along to the Oval on the third day and catch the last couple of hours or so. It all looked very promising when I arrived but then steadily got away from us.

The Sussex game this week is clearly very important ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:52 am

See that while I was away Spriegel took 7 for 80 for the 2nd team!

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:55 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:See that while I was away Spriegel took 7 for 80 for the 2nd team!
Yes, a good effort by all accounts. Unlucky for his chances of a CC team place that this coincided with Batty's tenfer in the Warks match.

Second team runs as well whilst you've been on patrol for Burns, Harinath and Wilson. Jordan has even put in some decent bowling performances in t20 for the seconds. Jewell continues to chip in with a few useful all round performances but still a long way off a first team call up. Would be good for all if Adams looked at the possibility of a loan move for him and the odd other (Dunn comes to mind) to a Division Two county.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:21 am

It will be interesting to see whether Pieterson puts in a few more appearances for Surrey in the light of his retirement from limited overs internationals.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:44 am

My attendance managed to go some way towards jinxing another Surrey performance today! Rolling Eyes

Saw the first 30 odd overs of the three day friendly seconds game against Middlesex at Guildford. From those, we had crawled to 61 - 3 just after 4 o'clock when my visa from Mrs Bat expired and I had to leave.

To be fair, batting condions were poor much of the time. A damp outfield which delayed the start plus bad light and drizzle which resulted in further stoppages.

Burns and Harinath opened and to their credit played with steely determination. Having appeared to have done so much of the hard work, it was disappointing that neither could go on to make a meaningful score. Both fell for about 20. Burns to the quickish Hemp and Harinath to the rather ordinary looking medium pace of Dexter.

Prior to Harinath's dismissal, Dexter added to our woes by accounting for number three Dominic Sibley. Sixteen year old Sibley looked none too happy to be given out caught behind. He made 10 including one beautifully driven boundary. Impossible to make a judgment on that innings but I suspect there'll be a few more opportunities for him to bat and us to form an opinion.

When I left, Spriegel was hanging in there on 5 and Wilson had just got to the crease. From a look at the close of play score, the tempo was certainly upped soon after I left and the sun came out. Spriegel made 33 before being stumped off Smith whilst Wilson advanced to 121 not out. Lancefield was keeping him company on 35 as we finished on 253 - 4. Clearly Wilson's day even though I saw none of it!

We're fielding a strong eleven: Burns (captain - a further sign of the high regard in which he's held), Harinath, Sibley, Spriegel, Wilson, Lancefield, Jordan, Jewell, Thompson, Tremlett and Edwards. I was a bit surprised by Spriegel's inclusion as he should be playing in the CB 40 at the Oval against Scotland tomorrow. I had also heard over the weekend that Tremlett too was being considered for that game. Possibly they could still be called up for the Oval and replacements drafted in at Guildford. Just seems a bit odd.

If Tremlett does play at Guildord tomorrow, I'm sure he'll relish bowling on the green top wicket.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:20 am

back to back 100,s for wilson then he must have a shout for the sussex game

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:22 am

jimbobgooner wrote:back to back 100,s for wilson then he must have a shout for the sussex game
ImBob - possibly although it's hard to see where he would fit in. I understand Ramps is returning to replace Rudolph and will open (still no squad details on the Club website as I post this).

Meanwhile, Surrey seconds declared on 378 - 8 shortly before lunch. Lancefield made 49 and Jordan 61. As mentioned on the CB 40 thread, Wilson was yanked out of this game to sit on the bench at the Oval! In reply, Middlesex were 16 -1 before the rains came down and play was eventually abandoned. The man out was our old friend Scott Newman (surprisingly captaining the Middle seconds), lbw to Jordan. Tremlett got a couple of overs in.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:50 am

guildfordbat wrote:Saw the first 30 odd overs of the three day friendly seconds game against Middlesex at Guildford. From those, we had crawled to 61 - 3 just after 4 o'clock when my visa from Mrs Bat expired and I had to leave.

Guildford - I take it that Mrs Bat has got more effective monitoring and enforcement of expired visa permissions than the national UK border authorities.... Or maybe you haven't put that to the test yet? Laugh

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:19 am

Corporal - there are some things that you just know. Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:37 am

Evening lads just back from the oval good to see the umpires keeping the players out there until 19.5 overs had been passed Wink

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:40 am

jimbobgooner wrote:Evening lads just back from the oval good to see the umpires keeping the players out there until 19.5 overs had been passed Wink
Hi Jimbob - not quite sure of the significance of that given that the forecast was for pretty much guaranteed rain setting in during the afternoon for the rest of the day, so unlikely to be any chance for the second side to bat...?

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:52 am

jimbobgooner wrote:Evening lads just back from the oval good to see the umpires keeping the players out there until 19.5 overs had been passed Wink
Hi JimBob - does that mean you don't get a refund on your ticket money? Bad luck if that's the case.

Btw, excellent call by you on Wilson. Just seen he's in the 13 man squad for Horsham. Possibly he could sneak into the team ahead of Batty - we're not really going to need a second spinner in this sort of weather. Bit tough on Batty if that's the way it goes considering his tenfer last time out. No doubt you'll do the usual thread. Cheers.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next