The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Briatore praises Vettel "He will dominate in 2012 as well"

+2
erictheblueuk
Belgarion of Riva
6 posters

Go down

Briatore praises Vettel "He will dominate in 2012 as well" Empty Briatore praises Vettel "He will dominate in 2012 as well"

Post by Belgarion of Riva Tue 01 Nov 2011, 8:31 pm

The former manager spoke about Formula 1 on the Italian radio programme 'La Politica nel Pallone': "The German and Red Bull have an advantage of 0.7 seconds. It's impossible for Ferrari to make that up in two months. Massa and Hamilton make me laugh. I made a mistake about Button. I would never have guessed he was that good"

"Who's going to stop Vettel? Since not even Webber can push him any more, it's become a bit boring. He's able to get the best possible performance out of his tyres while Marc can't. I can't wait for this Championship to be over as it's become so boring, but I don't think it will be very different next year either". These are the words of Flavio Briatore. The former Benetton and Renault manager is convinced that the German and Red Bull will be the team to beat next season too. "In order to make the World Championship more interesting - he told the Italian radio programme 'La Politica nel Pallone' - you'd have to take half a second off Red Bull and give it to Ferrari, but you can't do that. Unless they change the rules, it's going to be exactly the same next year. I don't see how they can make up the gap on Red Bull and McLaren in just two months".

On Absurd Budgets

"All the cars should be more or less the same - he continued - budgets of 200-300 million are madness. Everybody should have the same parts, leaving just a bit of space for the creativity of the teams. Put the top seven drivers in seven cars from Gp2 and then let's see what kind of Formula 1 we have. It would be fantastic". According to the former team principal of Renault, the Red Bull doesn't even have any financial problems. "At Red Bull they say that financial fair play is not their problem. Since the team has been winning, they have found sponsors and financing. They have the best aerodynamic engineer in the business and wind tunnels that have been set up specifically for them. I just don't see how you can beat them. In 17 years I have never seem a team make up a gap of 0.6-0.7 seconds in just two months. Vettel and Red Bull have done an amazing job with the tyres. They get the best times whatever kind of tyres they use".

On Massa and Hamilton aka Laurel and Hardy

Briatore also spoke about the never-ending clashes between Felipe Massa and Lewis Hamilton. "They make me laugh. They're like Laurel and Hardy. Every race something happens although in India I think that it was just a normal accident. It wasn't Massa's fault. I like Lewis because he also does a bit of bumper car driving. I find him fun to watch, but yesterday I don't think it was Massa's fault". He also had something to say about Alonso, who has always been his favourite: "Ferrari have one of the best drivers, somebody who never gives up, but Ferrari have to make up a second. If Fernando has a car that is 0.3-0.4 second slower than the others, he can still win races. When Schumacher left us, he didn't win the World Championship until he was given a winning car. Two drivers that have been amazing this season are Vettel and Button. I was quite wrong about the English driver. He has been the real surprise this year. He worked for us and I would never have guessed he was so good".

Source:

http://english.gazzetta.it/Motor_sports/31-10-2011/briatore-praises-vettel-803526140017.shtml

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Briatore praises Vettel "He will dominate in 2012 as well" Empty Re: Briatore praises Vettel "He will dominate in 2012 as well"

Post by Guest Tue 01 Nov 2011, 8:49 pm

Belgarion of Riva wrote:I was quite wrong about the English driver. He has been the real surprise this year. He worked for us and I would never have guessed he was so good".

This just sums up how lucky Jenson Button has been in Formula 1. For 10 years Jenson was labelled 'a laughing stock' with no real driving characteristics or speed to become a formula 1 world champion. However, after being gifted the 2009 title by the ludicrous rule changes to the sport and the effect of the Brawn double diffuser, he was somehow transformed into a racing god by the media. Suddenly and amazingly he signs for Mclaren and the FIA decide to single handely change the rules & regulation again in F1 which ultimately suited Jenson Button's skill set to a tee. Even Jenson Button must go to bed at night and just sit there with a huge grin on his face in astonishment at how his F1 career has turned. For tyre management to play such an important role within F1 and the fact that it is imperative for success, has allowed Jenson's limited ability to out-shine faster, more aggressive and natural talented racing drivers. The fact that rival drivers have struggled to adapt to this 'conservation' instead of pure racing era, has propelled Jenson into an even more competitive driver and even people opinions and views upon him are changing. Truly shocking.

Back to top Go down

Briatore praises Vettel "He will dominate in 2012 as well" Empty Re: Briatore praises Vettel "He will dominate in 2012 as well"

Post by Belgarion of Riva Tue 01 Nov 2011, 8:59 pm

That quote above says it all. He worked for Briatore and he didn't think he was anything special. Suddenly the press, in particular the beeb is creaming over him. I like JB but i'm sick and tired of the overhyping of his limited talents.

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Wed 02 Nov 2011, 12:37 pm

Vettel's got the car, the skills, the talent and a team mate that's no threat at all.

Hammy and Button will take points off each other which I think will stop either of them getting the drivers title.

So I think Briatore's right unless Ferrari can build Alonso a car to do the job you may aswell give next season's title to Vettel now.
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 02 Nov 2011, 7:26 pm

Button's getting better with age, like a fine wine. He's not got the speed of the big 2 obviously but he's got the experience and is just enjoying his racing now. He's under no pressure either at the moment which helps.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 02 Nov 2011, 8:22 pm

Thats one thing button has got - experience.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Wed 02 Nov 2011, 8:46 pm

@Critical Mass

Jenson Button MBE will also have number 1 status in the garage next year.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2011, 8:47 pm

TSC that's a pure damon hill comment saying that jenson's like a fine wine. There is no way Button is getting better with age. He simply moved to teams with title challenging cars in the Brawn & Mclaren. Because 'outright' speed is not a priority within F1 and the fact that tyre management is a fundamental requirement, this has ultimately levelled the playing field and transformed Jenson into a ultra-competitive driver. How many times do I or someone else have to say it before someone understands the current situation in F1.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Wed 02 Nov 2011, 8:54 pm

@TSC

I agree with you. Jenson Button MBE is like a fine wine.

Hamilton is like a bottle of that Sparkling Moet from 2008 that has lost its cork and gone flat.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:02 pm

I bet you have your bedroom papered with cutting of Lewis and you stab the eyes out of them all lol - why all the hate for one man, its not healthy.

Enjoy it while it lasts as it will only be for one season.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:03 pm

Why did you have to make this personal? What did that achieve?

I was merely pointing out to you that he will have something else in his advantage for next year.

His experience will develop a car that Hamilton will also benefit from. Dont take it personal.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:05 pm

I have a picture in my bedroom of Hamilton? That I stab the eyes out of! No no no!

I have a picture on desktop of him getting out of another car he smashed up with text saying: -

RACING! Your doing it wrong!

It does make me chuckle! You did ask....!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:06 pm

Because you speak to people like idiots on here and constant biased unbalance opinions - there's no need for it.

I was complimenting Jenson yet you show your snide side and have a dig. You couldnt just accept the comment. If you genuinely meant that comment you could have put it better.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:06 pm

all we need is a stupid comment from 'wow' to complete the set

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:07 pm

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:I have a picture in my bedroom of Hamilton? That I stab the eyes out of! No no no!

I have a picture on desktop of him getting out of another car he smashed up with text saying: -

Proves the unhealthy comment i made earlier.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:07 pm

John wrote:all we need is a stupid comment from 'wow' to complete the set

I apologise, he really does wind me up.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:33 pm

@John, I was actually stealing a quote that MB (maybe) said about Barrichello two seasons back but yeah, it was cheesey.
I don't think I'd make him Number 1 in a team with Lewis, just so we're clear on where I stand, but I'd hate to make him Number 2 before the season started unlike some teams.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:35 pm

Critical_mass wrote:
Alessandro Ciambella wrote:I have a picture in my bedroom of Hamilton? That I stab the eyes out of! No no no!

There is unhealthy. Then there is 'Eye Stabbingly Unhealthy!' Thankfully, things are not that bad!

I would like to apologise if I have upset you tonight. Nothing was meant to come accross like that from my side of the computer. This is not the kind of site to get like that. Its not the old BBC 606 site for crying out loud!

I like it here on 606v2. Its a good blend of people who all seem knowledgeable and believe it or not, I do learn some things from a lot of you guys. Even you Critical Mass!

You as a Hamilton fan and I as an Alonso fan will probably not agree on many, many things. BUT I like to think it wont stop us debating until were blue in the face passionatly about what we believe in!

Now, lets get back to topic!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:39 pm

Briotore has gone on record and praised Jenson Button MBE! I nearly fell off chair when I read this. I think its fair to say there was no love lost there when they split.

I just wonder what gives? Why would a man as stubburn as Flavio about turn on a driver he left on the scrap heap?

Flav' has gone further up in my estimations. I am glad he can admire the recent up turn in Jenson Button MBE's game.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:40 pm

I can't stand Ciambella or 'wow' but am willing to give them another chance, now can I redirect this debate for one moment. With relatively little changes being lined up for the 2012 season, it is going to be extremely difficult to see past Vettel claiming his third consecutive title with Red Bull. If this is the case and drivers such as Hamilton & Alonso continue to struggle, can you see a complete u-turn on the tyre situation and returning to more 'pure racing' which everybody enjoyed during the classic 10' season. Bernie Ecclestone has admitted he is worried about the situation regarding Hamilton, however he hopes he can return to his entertaining and exciting self for the good of F1 longterm. More importantly having drivers like Hamilton & Alonso continually struggling in a 'era' of Red Bull domination and tyre management is a real 'turn off' for the fans. Thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:45 pm

Ferrari seem very confident in 2012 trim. Super Steffi-Domi at Monza said a new era of domination for Ferrari was on the horizon. Horner reacted badly to this saying Ferrari need to back up their talk.

Silverstone this year, the one race with no blown diffusers gave Ferrari their only win this year. I can't help but buy into the theory of the Ferrari team principle.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:50 pm

Here is what Steffano says about next year and Red Bulls one man design team, Adrian Newey: -

http://www.dailysports.co/ferrari-boss-sees-alonso-as-schumachers-heir/

and Horners response: -

http://www.thesundaily.my/news/138473
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:52 pm

Amazing, I create an article (copy and paste job) and my comments get deleted whilst someone is allowed to post nonsense.

That's not right.

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:54 pm

You know the rules of the site so stick to them and they won't get removed it's not rocket science guys

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:56 pm

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:
Critical_mass wrote:

There is unhealthy. Then there is 'Eye Stabbingly Unhealthy!' Thankfully, things are not that bad!

I would like to apologise if I have upset you tonight. Nothing was meant to come accross like that from my side of the computer. This is not the kind of site to get like that. Its not the old BBC 606 site for crying out loud!

I like it here on 606v2. Its a good blend of people who all seem knowledgeable and believe it or not, I do learn some things from a lot of you guys. Even you Critical Mass!

You as a Hamilton fan and I as an Alonso fan will probably not agree on many, many things. BUT I like to think it wont stop us debating until were blue in the face passionatly about what we believe in!

If you truely and honestly mean that, then apology accepted and i apologies for my comments about your being a WUM and a c0ck.

The problem is passion can easily turn into insults - i have been a victim of this mself no denying that.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:01 pm

RE: The Tyre Situation

At the start of the season the tyres were a bit of an unknown. Teams were thinking of 4 or 5 pit stops a race. As the season has gone on the teams have gathered more data about the tyres and learnt how to get the most from the tyres and make them last longer.

I dont see the tyre situation as a problem anymore. Drivers have had to alter their technique as adjustable front wings etc were scrapped and the tyres can now only be looked after mechanically and not aerodynamically.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:02 pm

Im fed up now ive asked people to stop and haven't so the next one is going out the door for a week so get back on topic, We all love motorsport and id rather talk about it then sit here having to edit comments because people can't debate sensibly

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:05 pm

As for the next year. I expect next year to be the same as this year. Vettel, Button will thrive. LEwis and Alonso will struggle - though its good that BE has acknowledged them struggling.

No one wants the bridgestone like tyres, but sometime the pirellis are comical in how few laps they last a nice balance would be good.

Id be interested to see how mercedes and Force India develop their cars over the winter. Could FI be challenging for places higher than 6th?

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:10 pm

Critical_mass wrote:
Alessandro Ciambella wrote:
Critical_mass wrote:

If you truely and honestly mean that, then apology accepted and i apologies for my comments about your being a WUM and a c0ck.

The problem is passion can easily turn into insults - i have been a victim of this mself no denying that.

I think if everybody here is honest, we have all said somethings to get a reaction out of others!

You know your stuff, thats clear for everyone to see! Apology accepted. Lets move on! (Probably into another argument in 10 minutes!!)
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:16 pm

F.I. would have to surpass Renault, Mercedes and Torro Rosso (They have been great the last few races). Its not to say it cant be done, but with limited budgets they are going to have to stumble on a magical formula to do it.

I hope they do it. It would be a great lesson to the other new teams showing that they can move up the grid after being a bit of a laughing stock. Surely next seasons dark horse has to be Williams? Its like a revolution there!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:17 pm

lol - lets not though Very Happy

Hug

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:18 pm

I too expect the same next season, however Lewis' performances can only improve. Force India certainly have the financial backing and determination to succeed. With the introduction of the Indian grand prix there will be an expectant following from India now watching the future developments within Force India. Surely these teams are recognising that being the fastest on the speed traps doesnt bring you success. FI & Mercedes over the past season(s) have flourished in creating a package which suits low downforce, fast circuits such as Monza & Spa. Evidence of this has been with Fisichella's 2nd place at Spa a couple of seasons ago. I'm not entirely convinced FI will be able to push into the top 4, however Mercedes are a different kettle of fish. They have bought in Bob Bell, Geoff Willis & Aldo Costa so I expect something special from Mercedes next season. Ross Brawn takes a couple of years to settle and evaluate a team and then he pushes on and success generally follows. I've still got a feeling that if Mclaren fail to produce next season that Lewis may end up at a resurgent Mercedes in 2013. One things for sure driver changes for 2013 are going to shake the pack up massively with seats at Red Bull, Ferrari and Renault up for grabs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:27 pm

Oh yeah, Torro Rosso. THey've much improved from last year and are making a comeback. Renault - i thought they'd improved but they seemed to have stalled whilst most other teams have improved. Very odd. THey have potential they're just not discovering it.

Lewis and Mercedes in 2013, interesting prospect, but again yet to be convinced of Lewis leaving Mclaren - though it may come to a poin lewis has to make the decision. Years could be wasted otherwise.

Other than the new engines, what other reg changes are currently planned for 2013?

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:36 pm

Critical_mass wrote:Lewis and Mercedes in 2013, interesting prospect, but again yet to be convinced of Lewis leaving Mclaren - though it may come to a poin lewis has to make the decision. Years could be wasted otherwise.

Lewis stated earlier in the season, ''I'm in Formula 1 to win multiple titles. I'm not here to pick up my pay check and stroll off into the distance'' If Mclaren fail to produce a title winning car next season there is no doubt in my mind, he will force the move and with the help of his management team they will make it happen. The special bond that Hamilton had with Mclaren is no longer there, that was well and truly broken with the removal of Ron Dennis. Relationships come to abrupt end and there is evidence throughout the history of F1 and sport in general to back up this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:55 pm

I agree, i dont think the bond between Mclaren and Lewis is there anymore. Maybe times have changed its a sign to move on. We should have an answer by the end of 2012 - watch this space as it were.

I hope Lewis doesnt feel obliged to stay though. Sometimes number one HAS to come first.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2011, 11:03 pm

If Lewis was fully commited to Mclaren and he had full trust and belief in the team developing a title winning car, then he would have already signed a long term contract like Alonso has at Ferrari. However the continued development of inferior racing cars, unprofessional mistakes in pit lane procedure and race strategy have put significant doubt into Lewis' mind. There is always the risk of Lewis leaving and finding out, 'the grass isnt always greener'. He may leave to join Mercedes or Red Bull and suddenly Mclaren develop a title winning car but it is a risk I fear Lewis is going to be forced to make.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 03 Nov 2011, 11:20 am

I don't think TR have improved on their own. Hmmm, I wonder if RB were involed(!)

FI, I think, will be "best of the rest" next season or the year after. Mind you, I think the success of Renault depends solely on Kubica. If he comes back, they will finish 5th at least. If not, they better improve rapidly or get used to scrapping for 9th and 10th place. Make no mistake, Kubica can challenge for podiums in a reasonable if unspectacular car.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Thu 03 Nov 2011, 11:26 am

He wont come back in 2012. There's no sign of it, not a peep about it. I bet he's not back until 2013 or very earliest back end of 2012

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Thu 03 Nov 2011, 12:29 pm

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down