The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which club do you least like...?

+19
formerly known as Sam
wales606
LemonyVodka5
B91212
D24tress
Kingshu
beshocked
RuggerRadge2611
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
gelodge
yappysnap
Metal Tiger
Mickado
LordDowlais
red_stag
BATH_BTGOG
Cari
Luckless Pedestrian
maestegmafia
23 posters

Go down

Least favourite club?

Which club do you least like...? Vote_lcap1%Which club do you least like...? Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Which club do you least like...? Vote_lcap0%Which club do you least like...? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Which club do you least like...? Vote_lcap1%Which club do you least like...? Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Which club do you least like...? Vote_lcap0%Which club do you least like...? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Which club do you least like...? Vote_lcap16%Which club do you least like...? Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 12 ]
[ 0 ]
Which club do you least like...? Vote_lcap5%Which club do you least like...? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
[ 1 ]
Which club do you least like...? Vote_lcap9%Which club do you least like...? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 7 ]
[ 0 ]
Which club do you least like...? Vote_lcap8%Which club do you least like...? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 6 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
Which club do you least like...? Vote_lcap3%Which club do you least like...? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
Which club do you least like...? Vote_lcap31%Which club do you least like...? Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 23 ]
Which club do you least like...? Vote_lcap3%Which club do you least like...? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Which club do you least like...? Vote_lcap4%Which club do you least like...? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
Which club do you least like...? Vote_lcap15%Which club do you least like...? Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 11 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 74

Which club do you least like...? Empty Which club do you least like...?

Post by maestegmafia Wed 02 Nov 2011, 13:07

Which club do you least like in British and Irish rugby.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Which club do you least like...? Empty Re: Which club do you least like...?

Post by maestegmafia Wed 02 Nov 2011, 13:08

I wonder whether this poll will reflect the opposite one I posted yesterday...?

Will the clubs that lacked support in the other poll be disliked? Or will it be the more popular clubs?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 02 Nov 2011, 13:21

Leicester, no question. Neil Back, Richard Cockerill, Louis Deacon, the droning 'Tigers, Tigers' chant... and most of all, Tim Stimpson's late penalty that knocked Llanelli out of the Heineken Cup!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 02 Nov 2011, 13:22

Most people seem to hate the Ospreys.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Wed 02 Nov 2011, 13:24

Munster and Sarries, I can't stand them and I don't even know why!
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 02 Nov 2011, 13:26

Northampton Saints. Don't hate them but of all the clubs I like them least. FAO Risga Rev and Luckless it isn't the Dragon I least like.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 02 Nov 2011, 13:27

I think my vote was more about who frustrates me the most, not who do I hate, because I do not hate any club. But, I voted for Munster, because every time I watch them they always seem to push the bounderies of the laws of the game, and are only happy to play a slow boring game whilst trying to strangle the life out of the opposition. If they just got on with the rugby they have more than enough talented players to win and win well.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 02 Nov 2011, 13:29

I haven't voted because I can't comment on the English clubs. I don't watch enough English premiership rugby to get irritated by their clubs, so I really can't choose.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 02 Nov 2011, 13:30

LordDowlais wrote:But, I voted for Munster, because every time I watch them they always seem to push the bounderies of the laws of the game, and are only happy to play a slow boring game whilst trying to strangle the life out of the opposition.

You say it like its a bad thing Sad
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 02 Nov 2011, 13:42

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Leicester, no question. Neil Back, Richard Cockerill, Louis Deacon, the droning 'Tigers, Tigers' chant... and most of all, Tim Stimpson's late penalty that knocked Llanelli out of the Heineken Cup!

I endorse this product or service.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 02 Nov 2011, 13:48

red_stag wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:But, I voted for Munster, because every time I watch them they always seem to push the bounderies of the laws of the game, and are only happy to play a slow boring game whilst trying to strangle the life out of the opposition.

I didn't mean to upset anyone stag, I just do not like that kind of rugby, I also do not like it when the whole team and supporters go up in arms over any injustice to the team when they have been doing it all game Sorry

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Tiger Wed 02 Nov 2011, 13:59

Can I have 2 votes?

I don't hate anyone.

I do get frustrated with Saracens a lot because they are such a heavily defence orientated side and keep winning by narrow margins.

I used to get really annoyed by Ospreys fans on the old 606 with the constant World Class 1-15 every man a starter for the Lions rubbish every time they won a game BUT have been delighted to see so little of it on 606v2. A lot more reasoned posts & debate. Well done you O's.

Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed 02 Nov 2011, 14:04

Well lets hope the Ospreys marketing manager doesn't read this...

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by gelodge Wed 02 Nov 2011, 14:06

Ospreys.

The whole Taibach incident, rhinestone belt buckle and general club attitude behind it all is literally nauseating. Not to mention that Scott Johnson is a grade A seaunt. Shedding the likes of Byrne & Henson has made them slightly less offensive though.

gelodge

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 02 Nov 2011, 14:07

Directly proportional to success? (apart from Os!! Wink)

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2011, 14:11

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Leicester, no question. Neil Back, Richard Cockerill, Louis Deacon, the droning 'Tigers, Tigers' chant... and most of all, Tim Stimpson's late penalty that knocked Llanelli out of the Heineken Cup!

This. Never have a side dished out so much heartache to me making me mad and Cry at the same time!

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 14:14

rugbydreamer wrote:

This. Never have a side dished out so much heartache to me making me mad and Cry at the same time!

I know this is a Club thread so I apologise for bringing internationals into it, but Wales v Scotland 2010 6N, nuff said. A heartbreaking loss and Thom Evans forced to retire, the darkest day of Scottish rugby in my memory.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2011, 14:21

ah yeah Radge that match must have been horrible for Scottish fans, still not quite sure how we managed to nick that one. Really horrible what happened to Thom Evans too Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 02 Nov 2011, 14:23

LordDowlais wrote:
red_stag wrote:

I didn't mean to upset anyone stag, I just do not like that kind of rugby, I also do not like it when the whole team and supporters go up in arms over any injustice to the team when they have been doing it all game Sorry

OMG you've cracked our game Shocked Secrets out. Time to resort to Plan B. Our amazing back 3 and new zippy #9 Smile

Seriously though Munster are changing a lot more than people give credit for.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 02 Nov 2011, 14:26

In all fairness I sympathise with Scotland losing Thom Evans that way. It was awful. At least he seems fit and well these days Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 14:32

Cari wrote:In all fairness I sympathise with Scotland losing Thom Evans that way. It was awful. At least he seems fit and well these days Smile

With Kelly Brook at home I would be extremely fit, but I digress.

Team I dislike : Munster

Mostly because I think O'Gara is a bit of a helmet.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed 02 Nov 2011, 14:33

No side. I am not voting. I don't like this poll. I think it is in bad taste. I have been highly critical of Leicester and their domination of the England management and team but I also hold a lot of respect for them. There is a lot to like about Leicester like all clubs.

I will be supporting all English sides in the HC.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Wed 02 Nov 2011, 14:34

Went for Ospreys and Scarlets

Ospreys are the Pantomime Villians of rugby th eteam everybody loves to hate.

Scarlets cos they just beat us, and gurn about the ref when we did the Double over them last year. but a good team playing good rugby none the less.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by D24tress Wed 02 Nov 2011, 14:35

northampton for me, i just down right down like them, i respect them alot and would set down and watch there matches when on telly, but i will always be up for the otherside.

I am starting to come round to the ospreys now, once they started getting rid of the big names, moving games to bridgend, i like the way the club are going about there business, no cockyness about them anymore either.

i see alot of people dislike leicster but i have to say i love the tigers, I love the team ethos and the club ethos, i enjoy there brand of rugby and as a prop if i had to go learn my trade anywhere in the world i would choose there

D24tress

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 14:50

Wasps for me. Can't really explain why but they just get on my nerves and have for as long as I can remember, I always end up supporting the team they are playing unless it is in Europe. T'was pretty close though between them and the Tigers.

I also find Munster annoying when they are playing at home. Nothing against the players or the team itself but any decision against them and you would think it was the greatest criminal injustice since the OJ Simpson trial.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Wed 02 Nov 2011, 14:58

The intresting thing is normally the most hated teams are the most successful (in any sport) Man U, Liverpool, Leicester, Munster, Leinster, Sarries,

Normally becasue they beat your team in the final/semi final, on numerouss occasions and you hate them for it.

But contary to the belief that the most hated are the most successful, you have the Ospreys topping the poll (and by a distance).

I don't know how they've managed to have so many supporters, from so many other clubs turn against them.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 02 Nov 2011, 15:07

I respect the O's, don't mind them at all these days. They came to the RDS last year and left with the league trophy, you have to respect that.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed 02 Nov 2011, 15:23

Kingshu as flattering it is to name us with those clubs I wouldn't say Saracens are anywhere near those other side's success!

Only 1 English league title and 1 tetley's bitter cup. Hopefully our current team can win some more titles though.

I know what you mean though.

The Ospreys have 3 ML titles which is pretty good! Also a LV trophy (admittedly worth little).

The question is why are the O's so unpopular? Is it because they are a club only 8 years old?

Can anyone explain it?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by LemonyVodka5 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 15:25

May I humbly suggest that, where the Ospreys are most certainly not the most successful, they are in the top percentages of the successful lot?

Well.....25% at least.

Mainly to do with winning the Magners / EDF 4 times in the last 7 years, and making 3 quarter finals of the Heiny (tee hee....that means bottom in colonial!) in the last 4 years.

Not brilliant and sparkling by any means but certainly not woeful.....in my view anyway.

I think the real, teeth-gnashing hatred stemmed from 2008 (it was there before that but really kicked in to overdrive) when there was that 13 O's in the Welsh starting line up and there were a lot of Wendyball supporter style wums running around and running their mouths of......it got on my impressive moobs so heaven only knows how irritating it was for others.

Didn't help that it was a Grand Slam year too which just seemed to fan the flames on both sides.

Coupled with all the hair and the shaving and the fake tan and all the stuff that, thankfully only seems to be a regular fixture now when the Mrs is watching that brain-destroying TOWIE thingy, it was flammable liquid meets spark and the rest as they say is history.

At least that's my view on things obviously Which club do you least like...? 1993_fro

However Which club do you least like...? 443_offtop my most disliked team is Wasps.

Mainly because, for all the fact he was an undeniably great player and a hugely positive influence (Colombian marching power excluded) De-lolly-oh really grinds my gears (thank you Peter Griffin!) and always did. I suppose that was his job as a 7 so it proved he was doing it right Which club do you least like...? Furious

Nowadays it's because Varndel is there. I had the misfortune of meeting him at Welford Road before the move down South - the Mrs is a Tigers supporter.....Which club do you least like...? Dizzy - and a more arrogant and unpleasant individual it has been my luck not to run into before or after the fact.

Anyhoo.....I've waffled enough......TTFN

LemonyVodka5

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 15:26

Oops, I voted Northampton after last years HC, then I remembered that Blues vs Munster games are always horrible to watch and miserable even when we have won....

can I change my vote to Munster?
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 02 Nov 2011, 15:28

I don't hate any team as genuinely they are made up of so many individuals that you like some of them. Stains and Barf are the standard rvials as a Tigers fan I like to see them come unstuck at Welford Rd on a regular basis. The Pests are always a thorn in the side and always worth a few curses from a Tigers fan but respect is due there despite the uncontested shenanigans.

I despise the Ospreys management from a couple of years ago for their classless mud slinging post match, though I've never met an Ospreys fan who wasn't a good laugh and have nothing against their players (even Henson when he played for them).

I voted for Sarries purely on the basis they are the current annoyance, I shelled out quite a good some of cash to watch the most boring AP final in history in May (not that I'd have minded a jot if Tigers had won doing exactly the same thing) and then they went and whupped my beloved Tigers at Welford Rd, scoring 50 points on the way mad . All good natured and naturally I'll be supporting them and every other English team in the HEC though I really do wish that they'd get rid of that awful song.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed 02 Nov 2011, 15:41

Lemonyvodka fair enough. Thanks for the explanation. I used to dislike O's in 2008. They thrashed Saracens in the LV cup semi which wasn't very nice. They looked good though.

Also there were a lot of cocky O's thinking they were going to roll over Saracens in the HC including the O's players mouthing off.

Since then I have been indifferent to the O's though obviously battlelines will be drawn in the HC.

Sam fair enough. OK The 2009/10 AP final should have cheered you up. Yes I agree our song is rubbish.

Best of luck in the HC Sam. Hug

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by LemonyVodka5 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 15:47

It may or may not be true but for me that's when the (some would argue genuinely deserved) bile against the O's started in my eyes.

Didn't help that the players appeared to start believing in what was being written in some of the rags too.....hopefully with the shedding of some players recently it will turn over a new leaf in the attitudes on and off the pitch as well as by the fans.

LemonyVodka5

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 02 Nov 2011, 15:52

beshocked wrote:

The question is why are the O's so unpopular? Is it because they are a club only 8 years old?

Can anyone explain it?

I think the reasons why they irritate people have been given on here. Although it seems to me that people dislike them because (a) of certain players and/or coaches within the Ospreys set up, (b) the media perception of them being a "galactico" club (even I hate that term) and (c) some of the fans. I have to say even I'm irritated by some of the more hardcore O's fans myself, but that doesn't make me dislike the team - and I'm not just saying that because I'm a fan of theirs. There may be some locals who don't like the Welsh regions because of the creation of regions within Wales too - but that applies to all the clubs in Wales I think.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 03 Nov 2011, 01:05

The disliking Ospreys must be a Wales thing. I am neutral about them and actually like a number of their players (including some little twerpy guy). Only things that bother me about Ospreys are that the jerseys and kit usually look a bit fruity and their silly little opsrey symbol looks like something a kid might wear on halloween.

Outside of that, they don't bother me at all. The galactico thing is a bit silly because they have to win something first. In fact I think it adds pressure to the organisation. They really need to start filling that damned stadium to deliver the message they are truly big time like Munster and Leicester. But thats it for me. I chose a different team.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Thu 03 Nov 2011, 06:44

I chose Leinster, because I find Leo Cullen visually offensive.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 03 Nov 2011, 07:13

Why no multiple voting option?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 03 Nov 2011, 08:11

Doctor_grey - that's the thing. The "galacticos" title was given to them by the Welsh press who were having a dig at them for buying big name players. It's nothing to do with winning, and that's what makes it all the more ridiculous. It's just pisspoor journalism.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Tiger Thu 03 Nov 2011, 08:44

Completely off topic...

Lemonyvodka... loving the icons by the way!

Mods... can we get these added to this site too?

Which club do you least like...? 1993_fro

Which club do you least like...? 443_offtop

Which club do you least like...? Furious

Which club do you least like...? Dizzy
Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LemonyVodka5 Thu 03 Nov 2011, 09:42

Cheers Which club do you least like...? Yellowthumb

And because it seems appropriate Which club do you least like...? Iagree

LemonyVodka5

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Thu 03 Nov 2011, 11:07

I'll be guilty of over-use of the afro one anyway if they add it! Whistle

Keep 'em coming!
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 03 Nov 2011, 11:43

Cari,
I was pretty sure the name came from outside the organisation. But it just adds pressure to the organisation. I woud really love to see them filling that building. That would show they have really built the team into a part of the fabric of the community. Then the names won't matter.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 03 Nov 2011, 11:46

Yeah it did come from outside the organisation - the Welsh media.

The last two icons Lemony posted are hidden on my system here...but I'm in work, so it may be that they're blocked for some reason. Headscratch

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 03 Nov 2011, 11:52

If the media (the Western Mail especially) had just called the Ospreys 'the Galacticos' it wouldn't have been so bad; but they almost always called them 'the self-styled Galacticos,' which inevitably gave the impression that that's how the Ospreys saw themselves.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LemonyVodka5 Thu 03 Nov 2011, 12:21

Cari - it could be because the first one was "borrowed" (read: stolen) from an 'enjin' games forum and the second is equally "leant without prior knowledge" from a US based sports supporters forum so it probably the permissions firewall limitations at your work.

See if this one works.....from somewhere totally different Which club do you least like...? Full-of-flower

LemonyVodka5

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 03 Nov 2011, 12:24

Awh I see that Lemony! Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Tiger Thu 03 Nov 2011, 16:23

I can't. Sad
Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Nov 2011, 17:16

Munster and the ridiculous home advantage the refs give them 99.9% of the time,
i cheered so hard when Quins won the ERC semi at Thomond last season.

Roman Poite reffed the break down fairly and Munster just looked clueless when all the decisions weren't going their way.

Always have said this "when Munster get reffed properly they look unbelievable average"

Leinster also,
they ruck and scrum really well and legit "unlike Munster" but they spend so much time off side also obstruction,taking out player without the ball and at home a forward pass is just ignored when they do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down