The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Six nation betting odds are out...!

+4
mystiroakey
sirBiggles
eirebilly
maestegmafia
8 posters

Go down

Six nation betting odds are out...! Empty Six nation betting odds are out...!

Post by maestegmafia Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:04 am

France 7/4

England 5/2

Wales 11/4

Ireland 11/2

Scotland 25/1

Italy 200/1

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Six nation betting odds are out...! Empty Re: Six nation betting odds are out...!

Post by eirebilly Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:06 am

Not bad odds for Wales and Ireland Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Six nation betting odds are out...! Empty Re: Six nation betting odds are out...!

Post by sirBiggles Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:47 am

How do they rank England ahead of Wales...

Or even so far ahead of Ireland they nearly double the odds.

Think Frances odds flatter them, but you have to give them that. They have been really poor, yet still won the games that mattered (well nearly.... the Final being the only one the narrowly missed).

I know they say bookies are seldom wrong...BUT ENGLAND..... I'd put Ireland ahead of England.

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:49 am

biggles, you are also need to think about how odds are decided and how the bookies work.

England are reigning 6 Nations champions Very Happy

Strange that Wales are 3rd favs. They tend to finish 4th in the 6Ns these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:14 am

"
I know they say bookies are seldom wrong...BUT ENGLAND..... I'd put Ireland ahead of England."

there are not wrong at all- odds arnt allways about favourites on paper- its just england is the biggest market here. the bookies need to cover the potential exposure.

england are never good value bets in britain.

i would back scotland in all fairness if i was to have a bet on this market as i think its the best value!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:47 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:biggles, you are also need to think about how odds are decided and how the bookies work.

4th in World Cups too though.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:27 am

when people start arguing over odds and stuff because they feel let down because a team is above them then its pretty obvious what you do . BACK the bet you think is THE GOOD VALUE BET stop whinging about it, or understand why the odds are the odds in the first place.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:12 am

I like nothing better than wales to go in to the 6 nations not being favourites
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:25 am

wales606 wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:biggles, you are also need to think about how odds are decided and how the bookies work.

and so it starts...

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:28 am

nathan wrote:
wales606 wrote:

and so it starts...

4th or granslam is the current form. I'll take the grandslam it's been too long since the last one.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:29 am

No, 4th is the current form. 3 years in a row now isn't it?

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:59 am

sirBiggles wrote:How do they rank England ahead of Wales...

Or even so far ahead of Ireland they nearly double the odds.

Think Frances odds flatter them, but you have to give them that. They have been really poor, yet still won the games that mattered (well nearly.... the Final being the only one the narrowly missed).

I know they say bookies are seldom wrong...BUT ENGLAND..... I'd put Ireland ahead of England.

Very valid point. If you judged the form on the teams on games won over the last four years that would have France top, Ireland second, Wales third, England forth, Scotland fifth and Italy dragging up the rear.

If you look at the matches to be played next six nations the betting odds make more sense England have the two weakest teams away and only Ireland and Wales at HQ. France in Paris often goes against form. Wales have England and Ireland away, pretty tough. Ireland have England and France away, difficult. France have Wales away but England and ireland at home.

I think the order of favourites look about correct at the moment. It all depends on whether for fitness and injury pay a big toll on the nations form going into the competition.

On current form the odds should be closer than they are here. But as mentioned elsewhere giving England generous odds would be commercially ridiculous. Hence the Low England odds.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:06 am

wales606 wrote:

That's just 3rd loser, isn't it? Wink

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down