The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warburton Admits Rolland was right

+3
maestegmafia
Cari
mickyt
7 posters

Go down

Warburton Admits Rolland was right Empty Warburton Admits Rolland was right

Post by mickyt Thu 03 Nov 2011, 5:27 pm

I am not trying to be WUM or anything here at all but it appears Sam Warburton has admited (in so many words) taht the tackle was worse that he thought and feels that Rolland was correct (following the letter of the IRB law) to be sent off.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/rugby/2011/1103/1224307029899.html

mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Warburton Admits Rolland was right Empty Re: Warburton Admits Rolland was right

Post by Cari Thu 03 Nov 2011, 5:35 pm

To be fair to him, I don't think he ever disagreed with the decision, other people did.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 03 Nov 2011, 6:58 pm

The IRB wrote:

The flanker admitted committing "a dangerous tip tackle" contrary to Law 10(4) (j) when he appeared at a disciplinary hearing on Sunday.

Tackles involving a player being lifted off the ground and tipped horizontally and then forced or dropped to the ground are illegal and constitute dangerous play. The IRB Memorandum issued on June 8, 2009 stated that such tackles "must be dealt with severely by referees and those involved in the off-field disciplinary process."

The Independent Judicial Officer determined the sending off to be appropriate in Law and the action in line with IRB directives to Unions, Teams and Match Officials.

The Judicial Officer concluded that the offence was mid range on the scale of seriousness, which has an entry point of six weeks.

He found that there were no aggravating features and there were compelling on-field and/or off-field mitigating features including the Player's admission, outstanding character and disciplinary record and remorse. Therefore, the suspension was reduced to a period of three weeks.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Thu 03 Nov 2011, 8:12 pm

Sam Warburton: "At the end of the day the IRB said if you lift up a player and drop him it’s a red card, and that’s exactly what I did. I can’t complain. There was no point in appealing against it and I didn’t have a leg to stand on really.”

Case definitively closed.

Welsh proverb for the future:

If you don't have a leg to stand on, then you must be in a tip tackle.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by England rugby fan Thu 03 Nov 2011, 8:20 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
The IRB wrote:

The flanker admitted committing "a dangerous tip tackle" contrary to Law 10(4) (j) when he appeared at a disciplinary hearing on Sunday.

Tackles involving a player being lifted off the ground and tipped horizontally and then forced or dropped to the ground are illegal and constitute dangerous play. The IRB Memorandum issued on June 8, 2009 stated that such tackles "must be dealt with severely by referees and those involved in the off-field disciplinary process."

The Independent Judicial Officer determined the sending off to be appropriate in Law and the action in line with IRB directives to Unions, Teams and Match Officials.

The Judicial Officer concluded that the offence was mid range on the scale of seriousness, which has an entry point of six weeks.

He found that there were no aggravating features and there were compelling on-field and/or off-field mitigating features including the Player's admission, outstanding character and disciplinary record and remorse. Therefore, the suspension was reduced to a period of three weeks.

And your point is ?

England rugby fan

Back to top Go down

Post by England rugby fan Thu 03 Nov 2011, 8:21 pm

mickyt wrote:I am not trying to be WUM or anything here at all but it appears Sam Warburton has admited (in so many words) taht the tackle was worse that he thought and feels that Rolland was correct (following the letter of the IRB law) to be sent off.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/rugby/2011/1103/1224307029899.html

Of course Rolland was right as proven by the ban he was given.

England rugby fan

Back to top Go down

Post by martwal Thu 03 Nov 2011, 8:28 pm

www.scrumv

Follow this link and see what Sam Warburton actually said !!

martwal

Back to top Go down

Post by martwal Thu 03 Nov 2011, 8:38 pm

www.bbc.co.uk/scrumv

Sorry Im new to this, here is the correct link (I think !)

martwal

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 03 Nov 2011, 9:15 pm

Sam Warburton: "At the end of the day the IRB said if you lift up a player and drop him it’s a red card, and that’s exactly what I did. I can’t complain. There was no point in appealing against it and I didn’t have a leg to stand on really.”

Neither did Clerc, that's the point

drumroll

Tumbleweed

Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 04 Nov 2011, 1:57 am

Immediately after the flight as he awaited his connection to Dubai, Clerc Tweeted: "Transit at Brisbane. As fate would have it I was sat next to Sam Warburton for the flight between Auckland and Brisbane!"
Since the match, in which France ended Wales' dreams of a place in the final, 23-year-old Warburton has admitted committing "a dangerous tip tackle" and been handed a three-week ban by the IRB.
After touching down himself, Warburton Tweeted: "Finally back home. Sat next to Vincent Clerc from Auckland to Brisbane on the plane...what are the chances! Good guy anyway."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/wales/8849923/Wales-Sam-Warburton-shares-flight-back-from-Rugby-World-Cup-with-Frances-Vincent-Clerc.html

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by England rugby fan Sat 05 Nov 2011, 10:23 pm

What's the point of posting the whole content of the article and also the link to the article which is over a week old ? What does it add to this thread ?

England rugby fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 06 Nov 2011, 7:11 am

Apparently Clerc asked him for a massage!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by England rugby fan Sun 06 Nov 2011, 7:37 am

Glas a du wrote:Apparently Clerc asked him for a massage!

Nowhere on the article does it mention that.

England rugby fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down