The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is the ref for the Dragons V Blues on Friday ?

+3
youngguns6
Cari
LordDowlais
7 posters

Go down

Who is the ref for the Dragons V Blues on Friday ? Empty Who is the ref for the Dragons V Blues on Friday ?

Post by LordDowlais Thu 03 Nov 2011, 5:31 pm

Well as the title asks really. Look I am not wanting to start anything here but I have just hered that Allain Rolland is reffing it. Is this true ? The poor bleeder could get tarred and feathered by the fans at Rodney Parade. I was told by some workmates that because he is reffing it is the only reason they are going Shocked (it was said as a joke). Oh well, all the best Allain, and I sincerley mean it. He is going to a place where the crowd is known for being vocal, and fair play to him, he is indeed going into the jaws of the beast. Hats off to you Allain guinness

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Who is the ref for the Dragons V Blues on Friday ? Empty Re: Who is the ref for the Dragons V Blues on Friday ?

Post by Guest Thu 03 Nov 2011, 5:41 pm

Some say it's Rolland, other's say it Nigel Owens. The BBC don't say in their article on the match.

and I am now moving this to the club section

Back to top Go down

Who is the ref for the Dragons V Blues on Friday ? Empty Re: Who is the ref for the Dragons V Blues on Friday ?

Post by Guest Thu 03 Nov 2011, 5:46 pm

Yeah, but he red carded a Blues player, so us Dragons may be a bit nicer to him!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 03 Nov 2011, 5:50 pm

From the Pro 12 website:

At Rodney Parade, 7.05pm.
Referee: Nigel Owens (WRU, 76th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Gwyn Morris, Wayne Davies (both WRU)
Citing Commissioner : Jeff Mark (WRU)
TMO: Gareth Simmonds (WRU)

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 03 Nov 2011, 6:56 pm

Cheers Cari, I argued with them that the ref would more than likely be Welsh, but I said it would more than likely be James Jones because of Nigel Owens world cup commitments. Those pesky carpet reps steam , and to think, one of them is a Blues season ticket holder. Where the facepalm when you need it !!!!!

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by youngguns6 Thu 03 Nov 2011, 10:37 pm

.... They've changed it last minute due to a sudden case of commen sence.

Glad really, it would of detracted from the game... Altho it wouldof been a laugh

youngguns6

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 04 Nov 2011, 9:45 am

I'd heard it was Alain Rolland too, but it's our Nige.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 04 Nov 2011, 9:58 am

It would have been a bit of a distraction but I'm sure Rolland would be able to handle the abuse (and it's not like any ref gets an easy ride down the Dave) and he'd almost def do a better job than most of the refs in the Pro 12.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Fri 04 Nov 2011, 10:16 am

Thank god it's not James Jones. He's the only ref who genuinely gets me annoyed raspberry

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 04 Nov 2011, 10:19 am

I don't trust anyone who has that much gel in his hair.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 04 Nov 2011, 10:26 am

Ahh, so they changed it at the last minute did they. Surely he has to ref a Welsh side sooner rather than later, I have also hered that he is having nothing to do with any of the Wales games during the six nations, that includes running the lines or the TMO. I think this seems all a little drastic to me, it's not as if he killed our captian is it. Oh well best keep him out of the way then, the powers to be must think he has done something wrong to take such drastic action.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2011, 2:15 pm

It's never been Alain Rolland. This poxy rumour has been doing my head in to be honest. Some people seem more concerned over the ref than the match itself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 04 Nov 2011, 2:17 pm

Risca Rev wrote:It's never been Alain Rolland. This poxy rumour has been doing my head in to be honest. Some people seem more concerned over the ref than the match itself.

Bit of a pointless rumour to be honest, because what I cut and pasted from the Rabo Direct site has been up there for a while, anyone could've read it if they'd checked. Anyway, you're right, it's not important who the referee is. OK

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 04 Nov 2011, 2:22 pm

But some people aren't really bothered by facts and just quite like to find ways to create a bit of controversy - a bit like the Western Mail in that respect

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2011, 2:24 pm

you don't want to get me started on the Western Mail after the tripe they dished up yesterday mad

Guess the Rolland was just a bit of fun. Nige is a good ref though and should do a good job.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 04 Nov 2011, 2:26 pm

I might regret asking this, but what tripe was that?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 04 Nov 2011, 2:30 pm

Are you talking about the story about the Scarlets going bankrupt? I only glanced through the article but it was right up there with the best the Western Fail has to offer - and I work for the Assembly (oops Welsh Government) and they aim most of their vitriol at us, and it is usually even less full of facts than anything else. Problem is that sometime the UK (English) papers pick up these stories and reprint them as gospel.

Yup Nige is good - doesn't he come from the same village as JD2? (I wonder if he'll be thinking about Lamonts Schlong as much as Cari is?)

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 04 Nov 2011, 2:33 pm

Glad its Owens, he is an excellent ref.

To be fair, Rolland is a better ref than all the scottish refs put together, certainly better than most in the pro12.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 04 Nov 2011, 2:57 pm

Dreamer - what story was this? Sorry if that opens a can of worms, but I don't read the WM.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2011, 3:51 pm

oh just that apparently we're in £5million debt and can we as a region continue and survive.

Had a delightful bit with a local councillor (I believe) in the area claiming that the money from Carmarthenshire Council would be best spent elsewhere then the Scarlets (with the loan we have). Basically completely ignoring all the positives the Scarlets bring to the local economy especially Llanelli.

Then the 2nd half of the article has some quotes from our Chief Exec. which goes on to basically state that the figures being reported are from up to end June 2010 (so take no account of the savings we've since made), how we are on course to break even in 2013, and a spokesperson from Carms council states that we are still meeting our obligations re the loan. It basically rubbishes the first half of the article

So yes a non story, with a ridiculous headline, and what a surprise it's released 2 days before a really big Scarlets match. Absolutely no reporting on the debts the O's and Blues are in. Just us. Really makes my blood boil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 04 Nov 2011, 3:55 pm

Sounds like stirring when it's not needed. I don't understand why they report such things anyway. Everyone's in debt at the moment - and they of people should know, because they've had to make loads of job cuts at Media Wales.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2011, 4:00 pm

exactly! Just, ah really made me angry. Seriously thinking about writing letters of complaint to the WM and to that stupid woman councillor person in Llanelli. Just utter drivel and all of it wrong anyway.

Still it should be a good match tomorrow anyway, interested to see how this French ref goes. Guess they didn't want to trust Nige to this one after the things he missed the last time he took charge of a Scarlets v O's match Wink

I think he's well suited to the Dragons v Blues match too. They're usually very fast paced etc so am sure it'll be a cracker. Really looking forward to that one now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down