The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest AIBA rankings

5 posters

Go down

Latest AIBA rankings Empty Latest AIBA rankings

Post by 6oldenbhoy Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:26 pm

AIBA have released the updated rankings following the World Championships. After GB's superb Tournament, many fighters have shot up the rankings, none more so than Tom Stalker. He is now ranked the Number one Light Welter in the World based on his international performances in the lsat two years. Well done to him. Brackets are the previous ranking. Names in bold have qualified for the Olympics. Selby and Yafai have both qualified, but have a best of three box off to decide the Olympic place.

Light Flyweight:

GB:

Charlie Edwards: 18 (17)

Ireland:

Paddy Barnes: 7 (8)
Ryan Burnett: 16 (11)

Flyweight:

GB:

Andrew Selby: 2 (6)
Khalid Yafai: 4 (3)

Ireland:

Michael Conlon: 14 (52)

Bantamweight:

GB:

Luke Campbell: 3 (39)
Gamal Yafai: 21 (18)

Ireland:

John Joe Nevin: 4 (4)
Tyrone McCullagh: 28 (24)

Lightweight:

GB:

Martin Ward: 47 (48)
Zack Davies: 59 (59)

Ireland:

Eric Donovan: 19 (16)
Michael O'Reilly: 39 (36)

Light Welterweight:

GB:

Tom Stalker: 1 (12)

Ireland:

Ray Moylette: 8 (6)

Welterweight:

GB:

Fred Evans: 3 (6)

Ireland:

Christopher Blaney: 37 (38)
William McLoughlin: 44 (11)
John Joe Joyce: 45 (52)

Middleweight:

GB: N/A

Ireland:

Darren O'Neill: 3 (9)

Light Heavyweight:

GB:

Obed Mbwakongo: 42

Ireland:

Joe Ward: 3 (2)

Heavweight:

GB: N/A

Ireland:

Ken Egan: 28 (13)

Super Heavyweight:

GB:

Anthony Joshua: 4 (46)

Ireland: N/A

Last edited by 6oldenbhoy on Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Latest AIBA rankings Empty Re: Latest AIBA rankings

Post by Scottrf Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:09 pm

Cheers. I don't often comment because I know close to zero about the amateur game (and professional drumroll ) but do read and appreciate!

Would it be a pain to highlight which have definitely qualified for London? I know a couple of them.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:27 pm

Done. No bother, I'm just happy to get a comment. Maybe if I included Mayweather or Pacquiao in the title I would receive more.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by The fly half sourcerer Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:31 pm

To be honest ive only really seen the welsh lads fight but the selby boy looks a very good prospect!!

The fly half sourcerer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:31 pm

No ranked boxer between Middleweight and Heavyweight for GB? Will be getting behind the Irish lads I guess then.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:33 pm

6oldenbhoy wrote:Done. No bother, I'm just happy to get a comment. Maybe if I included Mayweather or Pacquiao in the title I would receive more.

Cheers for posting this mate not too sure about the amateurs but always read it not sure what to say though??

I reckon Anthony Joshua could be a quality pro though some people saying he could be the next Lewis. Will he be the next Lewis? Im not sure he will but the heavyweight division is so boring that hopefully he can come along and make it interesting again.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:19 pm

Scott, GB are light between these three weights. Ogogo will struggle to qualify, as there is only one spot available left at middle for all the Europeans. At light Heavy, Mbwakongo has been dropped form the squad all together. They've called up the previous two ABA champs to the squad, but both are complete novice's at international level. Joe Ward for Ireland should qualify. He's reigning European Champion, and was both Junior and Youth world Champion. Five spots still available at the weight as well. Only two spots at heavy, and I can't see either Egan or Vallily taking them.

Waingro, I'm only kidding, I just put these up for people to read. With regard Joshua, he did brilliantly to get to the final, but I feel its a bit of an indictment of how sparse the talent is at Super Heavy. He's only been boxing for two years, and I didn't think the guy was that good. He is a bit rough round the edge's but he has a year to become more rounded. I've no idea how he will perform in the Pro's, but he seems game, which is always a good sign.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:18 am

I saw Joshua on Bunce's Boxing Hour seemed like a nice guy, but he is freakin' huge!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down