The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3 - Your Views?

+20
Breadvan
Pr4wn
Dexter Morgan
Fernando
blaineyboy
CFCNick
liverbnz
AberdeenSteve
President Trump
ADMIN
Celtic Warrior
Scottrf
AlexHuckerby
BigPhil
BALTIMORA
GG
cherriesfna
JPX
Dass
Scott is Back
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3 - Your Views?  Empty Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3 - Your Views?

Post by Scott is Back Wed 09 Nov 2011, 11:45 am

As we all know, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 was released 08/11/2011 and is billed to be the biggest game of the year. So basically i want to know what you think of it? Is it worth the £45? Is it just an expansion pack on Modern Warfare 2? Do you ever get bored being called a "fag" by a 12 year old American?

After playing it for approximately 2 hours yesterday, my opinion is that its fairly impressive. Not mindblowing yet, nothing amazing but a few nice changes ie. Survival mode is MW3's answer to Zombies and it works quite well for me, not got my teeth in to the campaign yet and only had a couple of games of Multiplayer and all seemed in order.

My only gripe might be that its a bit lazy, 2 years in production and not a whole lot has changed.

I want to hear your thoughts.........GO!

NB. Please dont let this turn in to a Schoolboy Cod v BF3 argument.

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3 - Your Views?  Empty Re: Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3 - Your Views?

Post by Dass Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:00 pm

Its pretty typical of a franchise game and like many of it's ilk it suffer's from a often forgotten single player aspect at times.

It will sell impressively and be hailed by many as a masterpiece but in the end it will just be a often overrated piece of software for what is essentially a decent if not spectacular game.

Is it worth £45, personally I'd rather just wait on Counter Strike's next installment or play Team Fortress till such a time as the price comes down. As for being called a "fag" by 12yr old's well thats why I refuse to play online FPS games with voice chat unless I'm using Ventrillo with other's I know.

(The second paragraph can encompass not just MW3, it can quite easily be used for Uncharted and Assassins Creed (my own personal stress ball).)

Dass

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3 - Your Views?  Empty Re: Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3 - Your Views?

Post by JPX Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:18 pm

Dass wrote:(The second paragraph can encompass not just MW3, it can quite easily be used for Uncharted and Assassins Creed (my own personal stress ball).)
The other side of that arguement is that if a game is successful why radically change it? Surely they would have lots of unhappy gamers of unchartered if they released the follow up and it was totally different? Aren't gamers just wanting an extension of what is a great game?

Always amazes me how FIFA and PES fans are surprised that the next installment is not much different from the previous one, except kits and who plays for which team.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:33 pm

Not saying they should change it or they are wrong to go after what is essentially a formula to print money. Massive companies like EA need games like this to keep their large staffs employed and would be silly to turn there noses up at a game that garners massive money for little changes. If they are truly great games is debatable in my eyes, they are great in the sense of accessibility I suppose. Still many despite their massive sales and over inflated review scores will in the end be overrated for me and being success on a money front doesn't change that.

The PES/FIFA I don't really expect anything new year on year, there's always that small hope that one of these years they'll put that effort in to raise the game to what it could be. Then again that's something that's not just a PES/FIFA issue.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:54 pm

Wasn't having a dig at you Dass, your post just reminded of something someone said to me when they told me what they thought of Assassins Creed 2.

"It's good, not a lot different really just the same really but in a different era." Doh

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:01 pm

Wasn't meant to come across as defensive rather just a comment on the point you raised.

To use Assassins Creed as an example it wasn't so much that anyone should expect more of any sequel rather I expected more from the original concept. Very Happy

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Wed 09 Nov 2011, 5:14 pm

SOAP!!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
rose
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Wed 09 Nov 2011, 5:51 pm

cherriesfan wrote:SOAP!!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
rose

Sad

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 09 Nov 2011, 6:02 pm

cherriesfan wrote:SOAP!!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
rose
Thanks for ruining it for me by giving away the fact that Soap dies, Makarov dies, some little girl dies... angel

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Wed 09 Nov 2011, 6:34 pm

Most people seem to buy call of duty games just for its online multiplayer service. I've never bought a 'COD' because I've always thought that if I want to buy a game where I just go online and shoot things I might as well go to a Lazer Quest.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 09 Nov 2011, 6:52 pm

BigPhil wrote:Most people seem to buy call of duty games just for its online multiplayer service. I've never bought a 'COD' because I've always thought that if I want to buy a game where I just go online and shoot things I might as well go to a Lazer Quest.
Instead of going to the cinema do you instead just imagine something interesting?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Wed 09 Nov 2011, 7:18 pm

No

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 09 Nov 2011, 7:57 pm

Online adds longevity to a game.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 10 Nov 2011, 2:11 am

BALTIMORA wrote:Online adds longevity to a game.
Definitely that's the reason I played Gears of War 1 for like 4 years straight!!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 10 Nov 2011, 10:56 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:Online adds longevity to a game.
Definitely that's the reason I played Gears of War 1 for like 4 years straight!!!
See, I didn't like GoW online. It was alright, but not a deal-closer. I put something like just over thirty days solid into CoD 4 online, and I've already put in about 20+ hours on BF3. Which is quite sad, and possibly why I've hardly spoken to the Mrs in days... Just posted on another thread about MW3-I've seen it being played and the word which sprung to mind was 'underwhelmed'.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 10 Nov 2011, 11:17 am

First game I've bought in years. Survival mode is amazing.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Thu 10 Nov 2011, 11:23 am

Scottrf wrote:First game I've bought in years. Survival mode is amazing.

Yea im enjoying Survival Mode too, i was obsessed with Zombies on Black Ops and this seems like a decent attempt at something similair. Multiplayer is still very good too, just baffles me how within 6 hours of game release, some people are prestige already! Nerds!

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 10 Nov 2011, 11:30 am

Scott is Back wrote:
Yea im enjoying Survival Mode too, i was obsessed with Zombies on Black Ops and this seems like a decent attempt at something similair. Multiplayer is still very good too, just baffles me how within 6 hours of game release, some people are prestige already! Nerds!
Haven't had a chance to do that yet.

You know if there are fewer enemies if you do survival in single player?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Thu 10 Nov 2011, 11:59 am

Scottrf wrote:
Scott is Back wrote:
Haven't had a chance to do that yet.

You know if there are fewer enemies if you do survival in single player?

Not sure, but judging by when i played Single Player & Multiplayer i didnt see a difference, i think its the same, but you obviously gain from being able to collect all $$ for the kills etc.

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 10 Nov 2011, 12:11 pm

Scott is Back wrote:Not sure, but judging by when i played Single Player & Multiplayer i didnt see a difference, i think its the same, but you obviously gain from being able to collect all $$ for the kills etc.
Never use close to the money. Maybe I'll have to do an online coop.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Thu 10 Nov 2011, 12:14 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Scott is Back wrote:Not sure, but judging by when i played Single Player & Multiplayer i didnt see a difference, i think its the same, but you obviously gain from being able to collect all $$ for the kills etc.
Never use close to the money. Maybe I'll have to do an online coop.

We should try and get a [606v2] Clan going!

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 10 Nov 2011, 1:43 pm

Not sure about that, but can do a special ops mission if anyone has it on xbox.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Thu 10 Nov 2011, 4:14 pm

Na9s clan not good enough for you anymore Scott??

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 10 Nov 2011, 4:21 pm

I'm on it later tonight on xbox, tag is hero606v2

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 10 Nov 2011, 4:23 pm

Hero wrote:I'm on it later tonight on xbox, tag is hero606v2
Up for some Special Ops? My username is the same, not sure if I know how to set up a game.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 10 Nov 2011, 4:35 pm

Hero wrote:I'm on it later tonight on xbox, tag is hero606v2

I'll add you too Hero just to annoy you Wink

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Thu 10 Nov 2011, 7:57 pm

psn - chrisgoose...anyone fancy a game?

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Fri 11 Nov 2011, 8:52 am

Celtic Warrior wrote:Na9s clan not good enough for you anymore Scott??

It would be if you were still on my PSN List????

Did you delete me you scoundrel! warning

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 11 Nov 2011, 10:25 am

Difference seems to be your health. I found it easier solo, maybe my partner wasn't good.

Wiped my saves by recovering my live profile but did the first 2 survivals for level 21 and 20. Managed first Special Ops Mission for 3 stars too.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Fri 11 Nov 2011, 1:53 pm

Scott is Back wrote:
Celtic Warrior wrote:Na9s clan not good enough for you anymore Scott??

It would be if you were still on my PSN List????

Did you delete me you scoundrel! warning

Why would I do such a thing? To be fair I think I lost half my list after the PSN was hacked.

Celtic Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Fri 11 Nov 2011, 2:14 pm

Add me again big boy Scottedge366

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Fri 11 Nov 2011, 4:49 pm

You got it matey!

Celtic Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 11 Nov 2011, 5:42 pm

Brutal end to the campaign!!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Sun 13 Nov 2011, 11:12 pm

So far so good. Enjoyable MP with a nice balance of perks and kill streaks to chose from. Camping (or sitting in a corner) seems to be much reduced from the previous IW editions, probably due to the amount of UAVs each game.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 14 Nov 2011, 9:01 am

liverbnz wrote:So far so good. Enjoyable MP with a nice balance of perks and kill streaks to chose from. Camping (or sitting in a corner) seems to be much reduced from the previous IW editions, probably due to the amount of UAVs each game.

I can camp and get plenty of kills. I have a silencer on my SCAR-L so no red dot when I fire and I have the perk where you don't show up on UAVs. Although you have to find the right spot on the map, otherwise you'll get no kills or get shot in the back.

Xbox tag: MrUdinov

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 14 Nov 2011, 9:47 am

Manning-to-Manningham wrote:I can camp and get plenty of kills. I have a silencer on my SCAR-L so no red dot when I fire and I have the perk where you don't show up on UAVs. Although you have to find the right spot on the map, otherwise you'll get no kills or get shot in the back.

Xbox tag: MrUdinov
Because everyone want to play with a camper Laugh

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 14 Nov 2011, 10:30 am

I'm not a camper. I just find it easy when I do.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 14 Nov 2011, 11:15 am

I don't mind people that camp - depending on how it's done. I play a lot of Demolition and I absolutely hate it when the whole team are running around the map seeking kills leaving me to either plant or protect the bomb sites on my own. A good mixture - 4 players protecting by patroling the bomb sites with 2 others roaming taking out flankers is the ideal setup for me.

People sitting behind a door or in a corner, ignoring objectives and killing the odd person who goes by is the kind of camping which frustrates. Every bit as annoying as people running around like headless chickens and ending up with 28-31 or something similar.

Anyway, don't wanna complain too much as there are plenty of people doing that elsewhere about the game.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Nov 2011, 10:50 pm

How is everyone doing on survival mode?
Had a little go today and got to wave 24 on Underground.

Set those 2 guns up (that automatically shoot) in the shelter next to the airstrike lap top and got the delta force with shields. Quite addicted to that level. Cant find any spots where you can sit and hide and pick off the enemies with a sniper rifle though.

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 14 Nov 2011, 11:34 pm

got to round 26 on underground,
favorite revels resistance, got to round 29 on that, a bit annoyed u cany choose difficulty level for each map (easy medium etc..)
i find an easy way to save money is not to buy guns just pick up off the floor.
got eh 50k chievo, also find i funner with a mate( get a bit scared otherwise Hug )
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 14 Nov 2011, 11:36 pm

Y I Man wrote:How is everyone doing on survival mode?
Had a little go today and got to wave 24 on Underground.

Set those 2 guns up (that automatically shoot) in the shelter next to the airstrike lap top and got the delta force with shields. Quite addicted to that level. Cant find any spots where you can sit and hide and pick off the enemies with a sniper rifle though.

think they tried to prevent that as they think itll make it 2 easy,really want to see survival speficic maps, maybe with a few holdout points rather than having to have to worry about two entrances, also more weapon attachments.

also seem to find round 25ish ur delta/riot squads die almost instantly
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Nov 2011, 11:43 pm

Not sure why the grenade launcher gun gets destroyed quicker than the normal one. Its got a protective shield, but its naff. (For me anyways)

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:24 am

I haven't done a lot of survival, got to level 11 yesterday on my own, not that great. Mainly played online but did enjoy survival.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:59 am

Im not online with the x-box and im trying to get the Mrs to play survival mode on a split screen but she is having none of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:44 pm

Y I Man wrote:Im not online with the x-box and im trying to get the Mrs to play survival mode on a split screen but she is having none of it.
Split-screen? On a shooter? With a woman?
Are you insane?!?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 1:08 pm

I just need her to cover my back and shoot anyone who comes through a door Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 15 Nov 2011, 3:02 pm

Anyone else having major lag issues today?

I searched on google and a lot of others are too.

I would've thought with the release of Assassin's Creed the COD servers would be fine.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by blaineyboy Wed 16 Nov 2011, 12:23 pm

I do like the game, think the perk set up is real good and I like the way your weapon ranks up, definetly improved the game I feel.

One gripe, on two occasions I have lost some stats. From rank 20 down to 11 and rank 54 down to 47. What the juice is going on? I am not rage quitting either but just don't get how this has happened twice within a week.

Anyone experienced this?

blaineyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:20 pm

Y I Man wrote:I just need her to cover my back and shoot anyone who comes through a door Laugh
If only life were that simple...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 16 Nov 2011, 2:11 pm

blaineyboy wrote:I do like the game, think the perk set up is real good and I like the way your weapon ranks up, definetly improved the game I feel.

One gripe, on two occasions I have lost some stats. From rank 20 down to 11 and rank 54 down to 47. What the juice is going on? I am not rage quitting either but just don't get how this has happened twice within a week.

Anyone experienced this?

I have heard of others having the same issue, so it seems to be common enough. I'd say there is likely to be a fix for it soon enough.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next