The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nico Rosberg signs Mercedes contract extension

3 posters

Go down

Nico Rosberg signs Mercedes contract extension Empty Nico Rosberg signs Mercedes contract extension

Post by leachy15 Thu 10 Nov 2011, 1:09 pm

BBC Website:
Spoiler:

This Really suprises me! I thought that he was going to go to Ferrari to replace Massa after next season.

He must think that next years car is going to be reallygood to stay at the 4 (possible 5) best team on the grid. Especially is Force India will be putting up a big challenge next year with the big money boost they got from Sahara.

What do people think?
1) Is this a good or bad mood for Nico?
2) Do we think Mercedes are going to be strong next year?
3) Do we think Force India will be able to beat Mercedes next year?

leachy15

Back to top Go down

Nico Rosberg signs Mercedes contract extension Empty Re: Nico Rosberg signs Mercedes contract extension

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2011, 1:13 pm

1. signing a contract and cementing a seat and long term employment is always a good thing, especially at a high profile team.
2. Yes. Brawn, Bell, Costa, Willis - thats a team who mean business and i fully expect a strong challenge
3. No. They have the financial backing but I think lack the workforce & experience amongst their drivers n team to challenge

Ferrari have always ear-marked Kubica to replace Massa for 2013.

Back to top Go down

Nico Rosberg signs Mercedes contract extension Empty Re: Nico Rosberg signs Mercedes contract extension

Post by Bentyf1 Thu 10 Nov 2011, 9:47 pm

1) Fair play Nico, playing it safe and why not. Mercedes are going to get stronger. All they need to do now is tie Schumi down for another few years!
2) without a doubt.
3)No. Force India will improve surely, depends on Driver line up however. But catching Mercedes, no.

Interesting John. What if Kubica never comes back to Formula one? very, very sad thinking about it, but I fear with every passing day we hear virtually nothing and Renault seem to be getting a tiny bit frustrated with news and progression. Hopefully he returns but we will have to wait and see!

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by leachy15 Fri 11 Nov 2011, 8:17 am

I think it would be silly for Ferrari to wait for Kubica. There is no doubt he was an amazing drive but there is no telling what kind of state he will be in. Look at Massa he was Ferrari's number 1 before his accident and now he looks average. Yes he has got a strong team mate but he never looks like he is fighting for it like he used to (exculding his many many incidents with Hamilton).

I think Ferrari should have got Nico in at the end of his Mercedes contract (orginal one) and then that way they know they have got two top drivers in their team. Then they could have waited to see how Kubica went.

leachy15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2011, 3:06 pm

Kentyf1 wrote:Interesting John. What if Kubica never comes back to Formula one? very, very sad thinking about it, but I fear with every passing day we hear virtually nothing and Renault seem to be getting a tiny bit frustrated with news and progression. Hopefully he returns but we will have to wait and see!

My other theory is that Renault say enough is enough and sign two from the Petrov/Senna/Grosjean brigade. Then, if he proves his fitness at a later date, Kubica signs for Ferrari to test drive in 2012 and then depending on the success of this role he will replace Massa in 2013. I dont see any other seat that Kubica can take for 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 11 Nov 2011, 4:10 pm

I think its a shrewd move by both Rosberg and Mercedes. They are a team on the up and with a driver of Nico's ability I expect them to be challenging for podiums and even the odd race win next season.

Signing for Ferrari would have meant playing second fiddle to Alonso...and I reckon Rosberg rates himself more highly than that (and isn't ready to let his career stagnate).
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down