The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFC West

+4
cherriesfna
CFCNick
Number-25
Grizzly
8 posters

Go down

AFC West Empty AFC West

Post by Grizzly Fri 11 Nov 2011, 10:28 am

Can anyone make any sense out of this division ?

As a Chiefs fan much of this season has been painful, the fact we've been so bad on occasions and sit .500 with every chance of a repeat div title is astounding.

The Broncs have gone to Tebow and despite the recent success I think he's proved he's not the answer, the Raiders continue to play jeckyl and hyde every week only you never know which will show up (lose by 14 to the woeful Broncos then win at Qualcom ?) and then there's the Chargers, the original NFL enigma team.
I can only assume that AJ Smith has some huge skeletons in his closet and that Norv Turner has access to them, because in the real world this man would be out of a job surely given the talent he's had on that team in the last few years ?

So my question to the forum, is this division set to become the 2010 NFC West and declare itself the junk division, or can someone show some consistency and go into January with an eye on more than the wild cards ?

For the record the last time the AFC West provided a wildcard team was 2006...

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

AFC West Empty Re: AFC West

Post by Number-25 Fri 11 Nov 2011, 12:08 pm

Well, it's between the AFC West and the once proud NFC East to see who is this year's junk division although the Giants may yet redeem that one.

I think Oakland will go on and win the division now. I'm probably alone in thinking this but, I think Palmer will get better as the season goes on and, with the way that Rivers is playing just now, I think he'll give the Raiders the best QB in the division. That may well just be wishful thinking though seeing as I've got him in my fantasy team!! Apart from that though - they have the best running game in the division right now and it doesn't seem to matter who they play at RB, they are able to run the ball extremely well in most games.

Beyond that, I can't see any other outcome beyond the AFC West's wildcard drought continuing for another season - there are too many good teams in the AFC East and North. Those divisions will provide the wildcard teams and it may well be that one of them provides both wildcards.

I don't see the Raiders doing much in the postseason though - they'll most likely find themselves playing in the wildcard round and that could potentially be against someone like Pittsburgh or Baltimore or New England and those are games I don't see them winning.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri 11 Nov 2011, 12:30 pm

I think the Raiders should go on to win the division. Carson looked good last night and like Number-25 said they have a fantastic running game and constantly find seems for whoever's at RB also if they can rush QBs like they got to Rivers they should win their remaining division games.

It will be very interesting to see if Oakland come up against Cincy in the wildcard round.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri 11 Nov 2011, 1:03 pm

think the NFC west deserves a mention sure we got a 7-1 team but 2-6 2-6 1-7
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 11 Nov 2011, 1:08 pm

AFC West isn't terrible, and I don't think the winning team will have a losing record unlike the Seahawks last year.

Surely Rivers has to remember how to play QB at some point this year, and the Raiders will probably give plenty of teams a decent game too, especially when they get McFadden back.

I am going to say that the winning team in the AFC west will have a 10-6 record, nothing special but still a winning record

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Fri 11 Nov 2011, 1:59 pm

It appears nobody wants to win this division. The Raiders have been awful for the past few weeks then beat the Chargers who had pushed Green Bay close the week before.

The Chiefs looked like they had turned the corner only to get well beaten at 0-7 Miami.

Then there's the Broncos who insist on playing a quarterback who can't pass the ball.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Forward Pass Fri 11 Nov 2011, 3:56 pm

Which ever team wins the AFC West will not go far in the playoffs even if they manage to win the wild card round

Would like to see Raiders play Bengals ,as Manning to M said earlier that would be interesting
The aggressive Bengal D chasing Carson about
Forward Pass
Forward Pass

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Fri 11 Nov 2011, 9:14 pm

Yeah, it's anyone's game in the AFC West. I think Norv will finally be gone if they don't turn it around. He inherited a great team and rode the momentum, but it's been petering out (no playoffs last year) and is close to stalling out in my opinion.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down