The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking Out

+6
MtotheC
Mr H
The Best in the World
AberdeenSteve
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Gregers
10 posters

Go down

Breaking Out Empty Breaking Out

Post by Gregers Fri 11 Nov 2011, 15:21

Throughout wrestling history there have been tons of stables and almost as soon as they are formed people start looking for who will be the 'break out' star of the group. With some stables this is easy to spot however some have surpised people no end.

One that surprises me the most is the Spirit Squad. When they were formed it was obvious that one man inparticular stood out, that man was Kenny Dykstra. He was the enigmatic leader and the only one of the five members who got regular mic time. After the group split it looked for all likelihood that Kenny would be a breakout star however within a year he had dissappeared. At that point it looked like the Spirit Squad would have no breakout star. Stand up Nicky, or as he got rebranded Dolph Ziggler. Dolph is now the undoubtable breakout star of that stable and in my opinion is probably the "Best in the World" at the moment.

Just wondered what other examples people could think of where a stable has broken up leading to either the obvious 'leader' of the group becoming the next big thing or in the case of Nicky the breakout star coming from one of the lesser members.

Also of the stables that have been around in the last few years: Nexus, New Nexus, Immortal, Fourtune who can people see being the breakout star.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Breaking Out Empty Re: Breaking Out

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 11 Nov 2011, 15:24

Must I answer.... ?

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 11 Nov 2011, 15:29

Wade Barrett without a doubt from the Nexus. The only person that I enjoy watching both in the ring and on the stick. Sorry Demon, I love Slater but Barrett is the best by a country mile.

As for Immortal, aren't they all past it rather than ones for the future Laugh

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 11 Nov 2011, 15:30

Well Gunner has impressed me in Immortal steve.

I was also hoping for other examples from the past :P

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Fri 11 Nov 2011, 15:31

apart from Gunner AberdeenSteve , he is one to watch and he might be old , but Bully Ray is having the time of his life , his character is a joy to watch
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 11 Nov 2011, 15:35

Triple H became a big star after leaving Evolution.

Sorry, i meant Orton and Batista.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 11 Nov 2011, 16:37

Barrett is the obvious choice from the nexus however imo Skip Sheffield has bags of potential, he's got the physique, intensity and apparently he was very highly thought of within the wwe as future star before his injury.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Sat 12 Nov 2011, 00:54

For me, Nexus's stars have been Barrett and Punk. Punk never would have got the time he did had he not taken over the Nexus, and it had to work after the SES fiasco.

In TNA, Immortal I think has given us Gunner as well as a refreshed Bully Ray who's been a million times better recently. Fortune already has AJ as the "Star" but it's done wonders for the team formerly known as Beer Money. Both guys have looked really strong and really proficient going into their singles runs. This is why I think tag teams are important, they usually make at least one viable singles wrestler.

I suppose the obvious one from the past is the Rock coming from the Nation. At the time, I always thought it'd be Faarooq, especially after Rocky's dodgy start in the company. I thought Kama, D-Lo and Mark Henry would go really far as well.

Obviously then you have Orton and Batista from Evolution, Edge from the Brood (always thought Gangrel was under rated), Bret from the Hart Foundation (OK it was a tag team with a manager but I'm using it anyways.)

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Sat 12 Nov 2011, 07:22

Aaronb33 wrote:Punk never would have got the time he did had he not taken over the Nexus, and it had to work after the SES fiasco.
Punk was already a three-time WHC by the time he got involved in the Nexus storyline. He'd pretty much broken out already by then.

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 12 Nov 2011, 12:48

I think Cody Rhodes has surprised a few people, not me but the general consensus was DiBiase would be the break out star of Legacy and go on to beat the master Randy Orton before shooting up the ranks, he's failed while Rhodes has flourished

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Sat 12 Nov 2011, 15:37

Statto00 wrote:
Aaronb33 wrote:Punk never would have got the time he did had he not taken over the Nexus, and it had to work after the SES fiasco.
Punk was already a three-time WHC by the time he got involved in the Nexus storyline. He'd pretty much broken out already by then.

Yeah I get what you're saying, but not every world champ has been a huge star, and before the summer storyline, neither was CM Punk.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Sat 12 Nov 2011, 16:02

Even though they were never portrayed as a faction on screen surely the kliq has to go down as the faction with the biggest stars to come out of it.

HBK - in many peoples eyes and mine the GOAT
Nash - won the WWF title and WCW title along with numerous mid card and tag team titles in 3 different companies
HHH - arguably the biggest star of the last decade for WWE
Hall - without his demons he would of surely won at least 1 world title, like Nash multiple mid card and tag team titles
Waltman - arguably the best in ring cruiserweight, a lot of mid card and tag team success in both WCW and the WWF.

It is rare you see that many titles in such a small group

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sat 12 Nov 2011, 16:07

i really wish the 'band' would get back together!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Sat 12 Nov 2011, 16:11

Who's in "the band" - and what's the difference between them and the Kliq? Also, were they both backstage groups rather than on-screen "stables"?

Besides, there's one man who's a band all by himself now Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sat 12 Nov 2011, 16:26

the band is just another name for the kliq E.D

Hall, waltman, nash, HBK and HHH collectively thought of themselves as rock stars and the band was just another name of their backstage affiliation, although the first three did call their stable the band in tna.

Nash mentioned on raw this past monday that he was offended that hhh didnt call him to get the band back together.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down