The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Qualifying results for Yas Marina - Abu Dhabi

4 posters

Go down

Qualifying results for Yas Marina - Abu Dhabi Empty Qualifying results for Yas Marina - Abu Dhabi

Post by Fernando Sat 12 Nov 2011, 2:20 pm

1 Ger Sebastian Vettel 1 Red Bull-Renault 1:38.481
2 GB Lewis Hamilton 3 McLaren-Mercedes 1:38.622
3 GB Jenson Button 4 McLaren-Mercedes 1:38.631
4 Aus Mark Webber 2 Red Bull-Renault 1:38.858
5 Spa Fernando Alonso 5 Ferrari 1:39.058
6 Brz Felipe Massa 6 Ferrari 1:39.695
7 Ger Nico Rosberg 8 Mercedes GP 1:39.773
8 Ger Michael Schumacher 7 Mercedes GP 1:40.662
9 Ger Adrian Sutil 14 Force India-Mercedes 1:40.768
10 GB Paul Di Resta 15 Force India-Mercedes No time
11 Mex Sergio Perez 17 Sauber 1:40.874
12 Rus Vitaly Petrov 10 Renault 1:40.919
13 Swi Sebastien Buemi 18 Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:41.009
14 Brz Bruno Senna 9 Renault 1:41.079
15 Spa Jaime Alguersuari 19 Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:41.162
16 Jpn Kamui Kobayashi 16 Sauber 1:41.240
17 Fin Heikki Kovalainen 20 Lotus-Renault 1:42.979
18 Ita Jarno Trulli 21 Lotus-Renault 1:43.884
19 Ger Timo Glock 24 Virgin-Cosworth 1:44.515
20 Aus Daniel Ricciardo 22 HRT-Cosworth 1:44.641
21 Bel Jerome d'Ambrosio 25 Virgin-Cosworth 1:44.699
22 Ita Vitantonio Liuzzi 23 HRT-Cosworth 1:45.159
23 Brz Rubens Barrichello 11 Williams-Cosworth No time
24 Ven Pastor Maldonado 12 Williams-Cosworth 1:41.760

Was extremely close and was actually very entertaining to watch for once this season be interested to see what they do about Felipe jumping the kerbs but then again people going under the hotel were going out of track limits on the exit aswell.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Qualifying results for Yas Marina - Abu Dhabi Empty Re: Qualifying results for Yas Marina - Abu Dhabi

Post by Guest Sat 12 Nov 2011, 3:02 pm

Was a more exciting qualification than previous, however the outcome was no different. The drivers have stated that they think the DRS will be ineffective so race will surely be decided on pit strategy. Even with Massa cutting corners he's still over a second slower than his rivals, he's not even worth discussing. Webber once again fails to produce in the Red Bull but he's under no pressure anyway because RB don't want him to perform or challenge Vettel, its getting embarrasing for Mark. Fully predict Alonso will jump him at the start and then Mark will come strong towards the end of the race as per usual.

Prediction - You can't look beyond Vettel. If a Mclaren fails to pass him on the first lap, add in a 'potentially' ineffective DRS, then Vettel should stroll to the chequered flag.

Back to top Go down

Qualifying results for Yas Marina - Abu Dhabi Empty Re: Qualifying results for Yas Marina - Abu Dhabi

Post by monty junior Sat 12 Nov 2011, 5:17 pm

Sorry if i get the wrong end of the stick but why do you beatdown on Massa constantly? you say "he's not even worth talking about", well why bring him up first? everyone know's he's got his arse whooped this season but just because Hamilton knocks into him every weekend doesn't mean he should get extra cristicism.

I thought it was a good session, unfortunately it's almost set in stone at this stage of the season as to which teams are where in the pecking order. This weekend its clearly, redbull/mclaren, ferrari, mercedes, force india. Hope for some rain or safety car's tomorrow.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sat 12 Nov 2011, 8:16 pm

A rather exciting Q3 at Abu Dhabi.

Was slightly disappointed Lewis didnt get the pole - he looked well on form all weekend and i was convinced P1 was going to be his, so well done to Vettel for pulling out the other 10th and half to snatch the pole from Lewis.

For a minute i thought Button was going to get in front of Lewis with his suprisingly fast last attempt. But Lewis showed what he was made of and pulled another fastest lap out before Vettel took it.

For tomorrow, Lewis needs to get passed Vettel on the first couple of laps. Im not sure Vettel will run away with this as he has done in the past. Should be a good race hopefully.

What is going on at Ferrari!?

Another thing, that slug on Buttons top lip is terrible.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 12 Nov 2011, 8:20 pm

Critical_mass wrote:
Another thing, that slug on Buttons top lip is terrible.

It's for Movember thumbsup Im half to looking like Santa at the moment, Very close between Jenson and Lewis today usually JB doesn't turn up for qualifying so was rather surprised

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sat 12 Nov 2011, 8:34 pm

Yeah i realised it was for Movember, just looks terrible a full beard would have been better.

Yeah i was suprised by the pace too. Will be interesting to see how that translates into race pace.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Nov 2011, 8:41 pm

monty junior wrote:Sorry if i get the wrong end of the stick but why do you beatdown on Massa constantly? you say "he's not even worth talking about", well why bring him up first? everyone know's he's got his arse whooped this season but just because Hamilton knocks into him every weekend doesn't mean he should get extra cristicism

Felipe Massa is a joke and needs to be replaced, however Red Bull & Ferrari find themselves in the same boat with Vettel & Alonso being in complete different leagues to their understudies. I would beatdown further on Mark Webber but the majority of people on here are 'delusional' to believe that Red Bull deliberately damage or alter parts of his car to impede performance in relation to Vettel. Also I think you will find that Massa has been at fault at times for the incidents with Lewis, as proved in India with the deserved punishment from Herbert, or did you deliberately ignore that with your blinkered vision and hatred towards Hamilton that you clearly have.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 12 Nov 2011, 8:59 pm

Felipe hasn't been the same since he's incident i don't think anyone would be the same honestly after that but Ferrari won't replace him cos he's happy at ferrari and their happy with him so he doesn't get in the way of Alonso.

So your complaining about Mark Webber who's has a poor season at Red Bull yet finds himself ahead of Hamilton and a few points off Alonso it doesn't make sense really John, Yes red bull has had the best car but the Mclaren hasn't actually been that bad.

If we're saying get rid of people for having a bad season Massa, Webber, Hamilton would all be out the door of their teams.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Nov 2011, 9:11 pm

fernando wrote:So your complaining about Mark Webber who's has a poor season at Red Bull yet finds himself ahead of Hamilton and a few points off Alonso it doesn't make sense really John, Yes red bull has had the best car but the Mclaren hasn't actually been that bad

WHAT????? your saying it doesnt make sense beating down on Mark Webber, the guy who has driven the RED BULL the same car as Vettel for the entire season and has failed to win a SINGLE race???? Of course webber was going to be achieving more points than hamilton (hes in the red bull the dominant car). It's been an absolutely shambolic and quite frankly embarrassing season for mark webber being outclassed in practice, qualifying and race scenarios. His constant failure week in week out has gifted vettel this seasons title on a plate!!!! ON A PLATE! do you seriously think Alonso or Hamilton would have allowed this to happen. The drivers title has been a procession all season, thanks mainly to the inability of Mark Webber to compete with Vettel. How you can defend Webber for his mountain of woeful performances is beyond me. I understand y Red Bull wont replace him with a hamilton or alonso because they know they would probably beat Vettel and destroy his untouchable reputation he has built.

I've got to add, i actually like webber hes a nice guy but F1 is an entertainment sport and he has failed to deliver and provide competition for Seb.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 12 Nov 2011, 9:25 pm

Im not defending Webber ive said he's had a very bad season or can't you get that in your head?

So your saying it's ok to beat down on people that's had a bad season Lewis has had a terrible year yet here you are no mention of him at all. He's even admitted to having a bad season.

I just like the way your sitting with your little crystal ball going through all these hypothetical situations yet the reality remains Vettel has walked the title because he's been better then everyone else on the grid regardless of what car he's been in.

Take this for an idea maybe Vettel has been over performing with the car and Webber been showing its expected pace, We talk about Alonso and Hamilton bringing an extra second to car maybe Vettel is doing that at Red Bull as well.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Nov 2011, 9:44 pm

Hamilton's had a shocker, i've admitted it on a number of occasions and no win in Abu Dhabi or Brazil will fix the issues he is experiencing.

'Vettel has walked the title because he's been better then everyone else on the grid regardless of what car he's been in'. Are you saying that Vettel would of won the title with such ease had he been partnered with Alonso or Hamilton at Red Bull, as you state he is so superior to everyone else on the grid?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 12 Nov 2011, 9:49 pm

John wrote:
Vettel has walked the title because he's been better then everyone else on the grid regardless of what car he's been in'. Are you saying that Vettel would of won the title with such ease had he been partnered with Alonso or Hamilton at Red Bull, as you state he is so superior to everyone else on the grid?

Im not saying he's superior to everyone but you can't go on about hypothetical things until they happen for all we know Hamilton/Alonso could of broken their leg's whilst being he's partner in the same way Vettel could of had a crap season like Webber has it's all swings and roundabouts no one knows what would happen.

All we do know is Vettel is champion and he's been superior this season.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Nov 2011, 9:56 pm

F1 has always been about superior machinery and that is what the Red Bull has been. Add in the fact, Mark Webber has performed so shambolically to that of his teammate in identical equipment, has aided to Vettel winning so comfortably. Vettel beating Webber by over 150pts is evidence to support this story. So in relation to the original argument, it's clear Webber has been the key reason to a disappointing and processional drivers championship. but lets hope for a good race tomorrow fernando. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sun 13 Nov 2011, 11:36 am

John wrote:
monty junior wrote:Sorry if i get the wrong end of the stick but why do you beatdown on Massa constantly? you say "he's not even worth talking about", well why bring him up first? everyone know's he's got his arse whooped this season but just because Hamilton knocks into him every weekend doesn't mean he should get extra cristicism

Felipe Massa is a joke and needs to be replaced, however Red Bull & Ferrari find themselves in the same boat with Vettel & Alonso being in complete different leagues to their understudies. I would beatdown further on Mark Webber but the majority of people on here are 'delusional' to believe that Red Bull deliberately damage or alter parts of his car to impede performance in relation to Vettel. Also I think you will find that Massa has been at fault at times for the incidents with Lewis, as proved in India with the deserved punishment from Herbert, or did you deliberately ignore that with your blinkered vision and hatred towards Hamilton that you clearly have.

You just seem to watch F1 for one driver and have no passion for the sport unless he wins which i don't see as interesting but it's your choice of course. Please though, there is nothing clear at all about their incidents, none you could say were clearly Massa's fault, how was the Singapore shunt Massa's fault when Hamilton bashed into him from miles behind? or Suzuka when Hamilton cut right across him. Gain some perspective fella. OK

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sun 13 Nov 2011, 11:40 am

John wrote:
fernando wrote:So your complaining about Mark Webber who's has a poor season at Red Bull yet finds himself ahead of Hamilton and a few points off Alonso it doesn't make sense really John, Yes red bull has had the best car but the Mclaren hasn't actually been that bad

WHAT????? your saying it doesnt make sense beating down on Mark Webber, the guy who has driven the RED BULL the same car as Vettel for the entire season and has failed to win a SINGLE race???? Of course webber was going to be achieving more points than hamilton (hes in the red bull the dominant car). It's been an absolutely shambolic and quite frankly embarrassing season for mark webber being outclassed in practice, qualifying and race scenarios. His constant failure week in week out has gifted vettel this seasons title on a plate!!!! ON A PLATE! do you seriously think Alonso or Hamilton would have allowed this to happen. The drivers title has been a procession all season, thanks mainly to the inability of Mark Webber to compete with Vettel. How you can defend Webber for his mountain of woeful performances is beyond me. I understand y Red Bull wont replace him with a hamilton or alonso because they know they would probably beat Vettel and destroy his untouchable reputation he has built.

I've got to add, i actually like webber hes a nice guy but F1 is an entertainment sport and he has failed to deliver and provide competition for Seb.

Webber is a good driver, always has been he's just not one of the very best and is getting on in age as well. There's no real disgrace in losing to Vettel, the guys the best there is and unfortunately for Mark he's the no.2 although Vettel would beat him anyway. After driving some pretty poor car's Minardi, Jaguar and then a couple of flimsy Williams car's i don't begrudge him a few seasons in a good car.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Nov 2011, 12:38 pm

webber is a good driver......was a good driver. yesterday again added to the moutain of poor performances in a dominant car. Those attempted overtakes on button were dire, lacked any aggression or confidence was shockin and totally destroyed his race n strategy. Yes, I'm a Hamilton fan but please dont tell me your not a Button fan along with dyrewolf, your ridiculous such hypocrites.

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 14 Nov 2011, 1:40 pm

John, do you always have to be so aggressive?

Furthermore you keep banging this Webber drum over and over again despite repeated attempts from different posters trying to explain (or at least partly) Webber's poor showing this season. Some of it is down to himself, but he hasn't become a bad driver overnight.

For whatever reason he was careful on the brakes into the turn at the the end of the 2nd DRS zone, but we don't know the reason for it. It may have been a downforce issue, we don't know so I'm not sure why you are assuming it was all down to him. Webber is as clean a passer there is on the grid. He has shown that many times over the course of his career and this season in particular.

At the end of the day, it's unlikely that anyone would compete with Vettel in a Red Bull, as Vettel is their man and everything else comes 2nd.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Nov 2011, 1:59 pm

liverbnz wrote:For whatever reason he was careful on the brakes into the turn at the the end of the 2nd DRS zone, but we don't know the reason for it. It may have been a downforce issue. At the end of the day, it's unlikely that anyone would compete with Vettel in a Red Bull

haha listen to yourself. Everybody on here has for some unknown reason become an adopted australian. Webbers constant failures have single handely gifted Vettel the title, whereas a driver of Alonso or Hamilton's ability would of equalled his race victories or bettered had they been in the red bull. You sound like your saying Vettel is untouchable and the greatest driver since senna, do me a favor! Downforce issue, oversteer, wind, rain, red bull tampering with the car, faulty KERS......the list goes on and on for excuses for mark. Starting to sound like button after a disappointing performance, always understeer problems etc. It's like you want there to be no competition for the drivers title its astonising. The Red Bull is the dominant car, so mclaren n ferrari drivers were never going to compete consistantly with Vettel but for Mark to be 140+ pts off Vettel and only 6 points i believe ahead of 5th placed hamilton whos had a nightmare is quite frankly appaling. As for Hamilton, in my opinion the fact he has managed to win 3 races - as many as Button- in what has been his worst season so far and amid all the negativity surrounding him is astonishing. A testament to his incredible self belief and mental strength. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 14 Nov 2011, 2:14 pm

John, there is no debating with you. It's your way or no way.

All Hamilton's problems are due to the regs and the tyres yet all Webber's are totally his own. You blame Hamilton's failings on some (ridiculous) McLaren consipracy theory to have Button as their front man, yet when someone mentions Vettel is favoured at Red Bull (which there is at least clear evidence for) it seems to fall on deaf ears!

Your bias towards Hamilton completely taints anything you have to say on F1 as you rarely have any balance in your posts. It's a shame because you do seem quite knowledgeable and have quite a lot of enthusiasm for the sport.

Btw, Webber isn't the only one who is behind someone in the driver's standings who is in a slower car.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Nov 2011, 3:28 pm

I have only suggested that their is evidence of clear favouritism within mclaren from whitmarsh towards Button, no full on conspiracy theory. Hamilton's issues are huge in my opinion and i still dont think we will ever see hamilton at his imperious best and top speed under these rules n tyres. Vettel is favoured, hes the man they nurtured and want to dominante, no doubt. However the performances of Webber have been shocking and are no way due to red bull tampering with his car. Webber has struggled with the pirellis, qualifying, starts and on track overtaking, resulting in 140 pts off vettel and no win this season in a dominant car. I'm not usually totally biased towards hamilton, i just dont understand the webber support and defending of his driving this season. Yes we all know button has beaten Hamilton but who cares about being the first driver to beat him, it happens to all the drivers at some point in their career. What matters is who's world champion and this season will be forgotten come march.

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon 14 Nov 2011, 3:57 pm

John wrote:webber is a good driver......was a good driver. yesterday again added to the moutain of poor performances in a dominant car. Those attempted overtakes on button were dire, lacked any aggression or confidence was shockin and totally destroyed his race n strategy. Yes, I'm a Hamilton fan but please dont tell me your not a Button fan along with dyrewolf, your ridiculous such hypocrites.

I'm seriously not, just like to give the Hamilton fans a dose of reality now and again because they dominate these boards and are often overly aggressive. I agree yesterday Webber was pretty bad, if he's this off the pace at the start of next season Redbull should look at getting a replacement, but the season is pretty much over so the last few races are just racing without the shackles, he's went well at Brazil before, he won in 09 so we'll see if he does better there. Bear in mind he was cack at Abu Dhabi last year too.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon 14 Nov 2011, 4:03 pm

John wrote: I'm not usually totally biased towards hamilton,

Mate no offense but this is gold. Every poster has their flaws but i'd say you are comfortably the most biased poster on this board. It's cool to passionately support a driver, i used to be like that with DC but you must admit yourself that nigh on every post is to back Hamilton up or to slate Massa,Webber or Button just because he's beaten Lewis often this year.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Nov 2011, 4:22 pm

This is the thing, yes i support hamilton but i do recognise his flaws and openly admit hes had a shocking season along with the tyres not suiting his style at all. The thing that i suppose enhances my favouritism of hamilton is my blasting of poor drivers and the fact that there is the stupid support on here of webber or massa, who are clearly way out of their depth in relation to their teammates. The constant defending of webbers performances this season baffles me beyond belief. I know what im talking about but i wouldnt say i was the most biased poster or try to antagonise other members on the forum unlike others etc. If anything i offer good topic and debates on here regarding f1 and you say there is alot of hamilton fans on here but i dont agree or maybe are just not as expressive as myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down