The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kevin Nash Appreciation Thread

+12
Shot 21 LCFC
Brady12
SCSW
Ent
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Stonee21
Marsh
The Best in the World
MtotheC
Bull
NickisBHAFC
AberdeenSteve
16 posters

Go down

Kevin Nash Appreciation Thread Empty Kevin Nash Appreciation Thread

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 13 Nov 2011, 11:52 am

I know that Kevin Nash gets all sorts of abuse on this board but just thought I'd start a thread to see if anyone likes the guy.

He was around in the WWE/WCW before my time but having watched old DVD's of him when he was there I have become a massive fan of Nash. His work on TNA wasn't incredible as I will admit he buried one too many people to ease his ego but I felt his time in the WWE/WCW was really enjoyable.

I can't remember a time I marked out so badly when Diesel returned at the Rumble last year, it was brilliant.

So, do you love, like or loathe him?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Kevin Nash Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Kevin Nash Appreciation Thread

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 13 Nov 2011, 11:53 am

Love him. Great guy !

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 13 Nov 2011, 11:56 am

i like him his great on the mic when he gets a chance

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Nov 2011, 12:00 pm

One of my top five favourite wrestlers of all time. Now I know he has some major flaws (His booking wasn't great in WCW, he wasn't exactly Bret Hart in the ring, etc), but he clearly put in a lot of work in his matches. He managed to have some good matches with big men (Taker, Big Show, Kane, etc), and his promoing with Hall and Waltman in WCW were probably the best that the company had and I am more than glad to see him back in the WWE, especially if he is going to be feuding with HHH rather than some of the more talented youth.

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sun 13 Nov 2011, 12:10 pm

I personally like Nash's character, but he shouldnt be anywhere near a wrestling match. He can certainly offer something to the wwe product, he's master of politics, knows the business inside out and is a former worlds champion. I would like to see him create a stable where he is the mouth piece, maybe with the like of mason ryan

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Sun 13 Nov 2011, 12:20 pm

i like him , his promo on raw last week was actually quite good , he mentioned booking and pop , 2 words i never thought id hear on wwe tv , he is at a considerable size , he looks to be in great shape , and i would like to see him on tv again! Smile
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Marsh Sun 13 Nov 2011, 12:37 pm

Loved him for a time, we spent a magical two weeks in Margate together, after that though something changed between us, he refused to answer my calls, a few weeks later I spotted him on the TV with his new friends, claiming they were 'brothers for life'. Broke my heart.

In a way though, he'll always be my Big Sexy heart

Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Sun 13 Nov 2011, 3:50 pm

He was a great big man and I always liked his style, it wasn't wrestling it was slow and deliberate and it genuinely looked like it hurt. He could easily still settle into a role on Raw right now as a manager, a mouth piece for a stable or even a bodyguard for Johnny Ace, he had numerous faults but on the whole he was one of the best big men of his time who you could put in the main event.

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Sun 13 Nov 2011, 7:15 pm

I do appreciate Kevin Nash. And I've really enjoyed his latest spell in WWE. His promo last week was fantastic, and the only time he has failed on the mic was when CM Punk was given carte blanche to bury him, as he seems to be allowed to do to anyone these days. And the sledgehammer attack was a fantastic segment, nothing PG about that. Wrestling is about storytelling, and Nash can, and is, telling a story right now.

One thing that grates me is that whenever anyone discussed Kevin Nash, they always say he is a "big guy". But Nash is so much more than a big guy. Just like God was once Baby Jesus, found in amongst the reeds in a basket - he is also a small guy. And I liken his career to a slow cooked joint of meat. Because Nash has been cooking the hell out of it for decades. So its only natural that occasionally meat will fall away from the bone. He's tender and vulnerable. And the thing is, he wasn't ever seared first - he was straight into the big time as Diesel. When you compare it to someone like Heath Slater who was microwave ready, two minutes, PING. Not that for one minute I'm suggesting that Slater will ever be as big as Nash. He must be late twenties already, so he's more than likely stopped growing. But he was thrown in as the Nexus, and now he's being left to stand, so the WWE Universe don't char their tongues. But when he is dished up, the WWE Universe will lap him up, because he's not in their face all the time. Nash was never left to stand, he's always been slow cooking away - so some people think he's lost all his flavour. But I still think he has a lot to offer. I'm enjoying it

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 13 Nov 2011, 8:13 pm

ED what is wrong with you? Seriously...

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Nov 2011, 8:32 pm

He's a poet Ent, can't you understand that?

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Sun 13 Nov 2011, 9:04 pm

What are you on about Ent?

Its a metaphor isn't it? Its healthy for both the fans and the wrestler to spend a little time out of the spotlight. Nash has always been at the top, so some people are bored of him AND he's paid the price with his body.

Back to top Go down

Post by SCSW Sun 13 Nov 2011, 10:01 pm

Kevin and I were an item for a while back in the day, before all this 'attitude' came along. We'd stroll on the seafront of Skegness, or soak up the culture of the Arndale Centre in Manchester whenever the 'E' were in town. Soon enough though, he changed; it was all conspiracy theories with him "N.W.O" this, and "N.W.O" that. Sure, he still kept me full of 'diesel' if you know what I mean, but something had changed.

Now I find solace in my relationship with a Punjabi Playboy....

SCSW

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 13 Nov 2011, 10:34 pm

Granted but it's a bit messy and Heath slater in their for no reason, im unsure if you are serious or a parody.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Sun 13 Nov 2011, 11:25 pm

Maybe its a little messy reading it back. I'm messing around with my writing style a bit at the moment. I've been doing an evening class in journalism because its something I've always wanted to do but been held back by a limited vocabulary and a tosspot for a father. My tutor said to practice writing with plenty of extended metaphors because that engages the reader, and if you're ever struggling, always write a metaphor about meat - because there are so many different facets to meat. Its akin to cutting the rind of a slice of bacon with a scissor before cooking it, so it doesn't shrink. You're extending the work required, so the reader's attention doesn't wane. I was just giving it a go before I write a review of Smokey and the Bandit 2 for my coursework (their choice of film, not mine).

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon 14 Nov 2011, 12:18 am

Nash was up until the 00's probably considered the worst WWE champion in history.

He is ok on the mic (& his promo last week I enjoyed) but a 52 year old guy who was at his peak in the mid 90's & never a great worker anyway should not be involved in one of the top storylines in 2011. Its as simple as that.

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Mon 14 Nov 2011, 7:56 am

Wow e.d you certainly like to cover new ground, first you endorse slater and then a meat analogy!

Got to agree with you Brady but I still feel he can add something to either raw or smackdown in some capacity, I just don't know what ATM.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 14 Nov 2011, 12:39 pm

I like Kevin Nash and I am glad to see him involved in these storylines. As in regards to him wrestiling, I am slightly more qualified than most on this board as I actually saw him wrestle live in Nottingham last Wednesday. He was in a 6 man tag team with The Miz and R Truth (a sign that he will be in cahoots with them in future WWE storylines) taking on John Cena, Kofi Kingston and Zack Ryder. He did pretty well considering his age and people talking about various injuries. He had quite a bit of ring time and didnt look out of his place. He even sold Kingstons Trouble In Paradise pretty well.

I look forward to Nash v Triple H personally.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon 14 Nov 2011, 1:19 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:I like Kevin Nash and I am glad to see him involved in these storylines. As in regards to him wrestiling, I am slightly more qualified than most on this board as I actually saw him wrestle live in Nottingham last Wednesday. He was in a 6 man tag team with The Miz and R Truth (a sign that he will be in cahoots with them in future WWE storylines) taking on John Cena, Kofi Kingston and Zack Ryder. He did pretty well considering his age and people talking about various injuries. He had quite a bit of ring time and didnt look out of his place. He even sold Kingstons Trouble In Paradise pretty well.

I look forward to Nash v Triple H personally.

Fair play, I was hoping someone who comment who'd seen Nash on the UK tour. Got to admit he doesn't look like a man of 52

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 14 Nov 2011, 1:24 pm

ED is morphing into lionbloodeverywere v2.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon 14 Nov 2011, 1:27 pm

Mr H wrote:ED is morphing into lionbloodeverywere v2.

A slightly funnier version I'd say

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 14 Nov 2011, 2:47 pm

Not really H - I make salient points.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 14 Nov 2011, 3:14 pm

And you dont accuse us of wanting you to perish in a vat of acid.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Mon 14 Nov 2011, 3:49 pm

We should get lionblood on here. Wonder what he is doing these days.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 14 Nov 2011, 3:50 pm

Ive been a big fan of nash not spectacular in the ring but solid and can sell a good story

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 14 Nov 2011, 4:15 pm

Its great how when Nash was in TNA he got hammered on this board, yet now he's with WWE he's getting praise left right and centre!

I dont like Kevin Nash at all. Only held the WWF Championship because of his backstage clout. Unlike HHH who i believe would have been a World Champion anyway because his talent warranted it, maybe not a 13 time Champion thought. However HHH, who i believe does know whats good for business, has made a huge faux pas by entering a pointless fued with his chum. I dont see what it will do for either guy or how they will benefit from it. Unless of course it is part of a bigger picture which i very much doubt. If it wasnt for Triple H, Kevin Nash wouldnt be on TV.

I'll accept it if he's gone after this fued, but he's still around come Mania, i'll be peeshed off. I fully expect him to be inducted into the Hall of Fame and bigfoot John Cena and The Rock and leave Mania with the strap!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 14 Nov 2011, 4:34 pm

Correct me if I am wrong but Nash has, thus far, not had a wrestling match on TV since he came back to the WWE (I know he has wrestled house shows)?

Fact is we are remembering old Diesel/NWO Nash when his knees were in a reasonable condition to put on a good/passable match. In the TNA, maybe because he didn't want to be there, he appeared lazy and past it.

Whether his emergence in the WWE makes him become more focused is another issue. What is a big issue however is his health. With all the best intentions in the world, I really don't feel as if he could wrestle in a standard match to a good enough quality.

I believe when HHH comes back to continue the feud, it will be a Street Fight/No holds barred, to try and hide Nash's shortcomings

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down