The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skyrim

+9
President Trump
Adam D
compelling and rich
Dass
Scottrf
The Galveston Giant
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
AlexHuckerby
ADMIN
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Skyrim

Post by ADMIN Mon 14 Nov 2011, 12:05 am

First topic message reminder :

So who else has got it and what do you think so far?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim

Post by ADMIN Mon 19 Dec 2011, 10:27 am

Which shouts are people mainly using?

I was using the Unrelenting Force one but now prefer the Fire Breath one as the damage tends to wipe pretty much anything in its path.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 19 Dec 2011, 10:27 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:Level 2, not had that much time to play it thus far and the time I have spent on the Xbox has mainly been playing Rage which I am actually really getting into.

Played Rage through twice Alex, good game, traded it in for Skyrim. Once you get by the first few hours in Skyrim it's unbelievable the amount of content in it, probably the best game i've played. I struggled with it all at the start but i'm starting to get there now, still a bit to learn though.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 19 Dec 2011, 10:31 am

Macclads (formerly Hero) wrote:Which shouts are people mainly using?

I was using the Unrelenting Force one but now prefer the Fire Breath one as the damage tends to wipe pretty much anything in its path.

Yeah i've been using Fire Breath as i've got two parts of the word done, the Whirlwind one is good for getting close to dragons and fast traveling in towns when weighed down, cause if you drop your stuff for your partner to pick up people will steal it. I dropped some good armour in a pub in Riften for my partner to pick up and the swords came out, somebody killed the guy that owns the Meadery over it so i won't be speaking to him again.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Mon 19 Dec 2011, 10:36 am

Macclads (formerly Hero) wrote:This person gave up adventuring a while ago...

Spoiler:

I cant see the pic Sad

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 19 Dec 2011, 10:38 am

Yeah I'm really enjoying Rage but only problem is recently I've hardly had any time since I bought it, I've only played the thing for 4 hours in 2 weeks!! Not like me at all, Skyrim even less, I've made it out of the Keep then the Cave and then I've travelled off to one of the cities after doing some quest that I can't remember what for now. Was struggling a bit to get into it but games like this are always a bit difficult to get into. Oblivion was the same as was both Fallouts.

Fallout 3 was ridiculous in the beginning, the part in the vault at the start takes up like an hour in itself.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Mon 19 Dec 2011, 10:38 am

Im using Unrelenting Force at the moment its great for Dungeon bosses, knock them down and butcher them

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 19 Dec 2011, 10:50 am

I've got all three of Fire Breath and it's a OSK on most things apart from end of dungeon guys.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Mon 19 Dec 2011, 10:54 am

Does anyone use any of the other shouts like the calming the animals one?

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 19 Dec 2011, 10:56 am

Not even got that one!

Hardly ever use the others, the thunder one is meant to be awesome outdoors but not got any of it yet.

One of my mates works for the Escapist, he's wrote a blog on some of the issues in Skyrim...

So, Skyrim, huh? People are tripping over themselves to give it Game of the Year awards, but let’s face it, there’s lots of things wrong with it. For example:

1. “You Talk Funny”

What’s going on with the accents in Skyrim? I can forgive the fact some Nords sound sort of Scandinavian, others sound American, and one – and it does seem to just be the one – sounds Scottish. What gets me is when members of the same family, who all grew up in the same town, have different accents. Not just a little bit different either. We’re not talking the difference between Brooklyn and a Queens accent here; it’smore like the difference between a Norwegian accent and Mickey Mouse’snemesis Pete.

(Mainly because that’sexactly what it is. Jim Cummings, who has voiced Pete for nearly 20 years, provided additional voices for Skyrim.)

2. “No! Look at Him, Damn It!”

I know I’m the main character, but that doesn’t mean you have to look at me even when you’re talking to someone else. Seriously, quit it. It’s creepy,

3. “It Wasn’t That Big a Deal, Really”

Some people are really touched by favours you do them, and I mean reallytouched. Faendal – or Sven,whichever floats your boat – in Riverwood will follow you into ruins and crypts and risk his life fighting unholy warriors from centuries past, all because you delivered – or didn’t deliver, again, whichever floats your boat – a letter toa girl he liked. Sometimes, you don’teven have to help someone out. There’s a guy near Riften stables who won’t shut up about how good a friend I’ve been to him: I beat him to within an inch of his life for a bet.

4. “ExcuseMe...”

Lydia, oh my darling Lydia, you’re the bees knees and I’m glad you’re on the team, but for the love of Talos, would you stop blocking doorways?! It’s not just Lydia, of course; companions seem to have this uncanny knack for getting in the way. I shouldn’t have to lure my hireling into the room so I can get past them, and I definitely shouldn't have to dragon shout them out of the way.

5. “BeCareful!”

If there’s a pressure plate in a hallway, companions will step on it. A corridor could be a mile wide, and they’d still manage find the one part of the floor that causes poison darts to come out of the walls or spears to stab out of a doorway. What’sworse is that they won’t just stand on it once; they will stand on it over and over again until fate steps in and they can move on. In one draugr-filled dungeon, Lydia stepped on a pressure play about a dozen times before the spiked gate it activated knocked her past it. It’s even more pronounced –although, not entirely unhilarious - when you’re being accompanied by master thieves, who are supposed to be adept at avoiding traps.

6. “ThatLooks Uncomfortable.”

Guards, it seems,never take their helmets off. Even when they sleep. Man in the Iron Mask, eat your heart out.

7. “I Thought You Already Knew...”

Some of the residents of Skyrim have a habit of asking you questions they should – in theory –already know the answer to. For example,the blacksmith lady in Whiterun (I’m not great with names, sorry) will ask ifyou’ve met her father, who is the Jarl’s steward. A fair question, you might think, but she’ll keep asking it after you’ve delivered a sword to him on her behalf and bought the empty house next to hers – a process that involves talking to none other than *drum roll* the Jarl’s steward.

8. “An Arrow in the Knee, Huh?”

The guards in Skyrim seem to share a single consciousness. It’snot just the arrow in the knee thing – a line that crops up so often that it’sbecome a meme – there are loads of other things that every guard, in every hold,will come out with. Basically, they’reeither a hive mind, or by some bizarre coincidence every guard in the province is a former adventurer with a bad knee and a cousin out fighting dragons. Oh, a lot of them wonder if they might be Dragonborn, even those who know that it’s you.

9. “Will You Just $&#@ing Walk?!”

Possibly the worst quest objectives you can have in Skyrim are those that read “Follow Captain NPC to Angry Badger Ravine,” or something similar. Not because they’re hard – they’re really not – but because if you follow too close, then the person you’re following will stop and throw out a line like: “We can’t stop now, this is badger country.” Yes,I’m aware of that Captain; that’s why I didn’t initiate a conversation. In fact, I was moving faster than you, a fact that seems to have upset you. If you don’t want me to catch you up, you shouldn’t move so bloody slowly, should you?

10. “We’ve Just Been There.”

Some NPCs seems to have a bit of a problem remembering where they are and what’s going on around them.

“Hello my dear,” my wife Ysolde would say. “Back from another adventure?”

“Um, No,” I would reply. “I was upstairs. Sleeping. You just saw me come down the stairs.”

I don’t think she heard me though; she was too busy sitting in the kitchen.

It’s not limited to spouses either; companions will sometimes suggest that we explore a cave thatwe’ve literally just left, or say they’ve never seen anything like the sight in front of them when you know damn well that they have.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Mon 19 Dec 2011, 11:01 am

Hello my dear,” my wife Ysolde would say. “Back from another adventure?”

“Um, No,” I would reply. “I was upstairs. Sleeping. You just saw me come down the stairs.”

I don’t think she heard me though; she was too busy sitting in the kitchen.

Laugh great stuff

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 19 Dec 2011, 11:55 am

Haha, that was top quality had me giggling at my desk.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:01 pm

Lydia decided in the museum in Markath that she wasn't going to go anywhere and was just going to say 'you shouldn't be in here' when i tried to talk to her, she wouldn't move, that was after i had just made her steal the whole Dwever contents in the museum and had all my good stuff which i had collected over numerous missions still on her, after getting mad and ditching her i left it about a week game time and was heading back to Whiterun to offload my stash, in the house i had decided i was going to kill her and take my stuff back, but when i popped in to my room to store some dragon bones there was a 'i'm sworn to protect you', smart girl.

I'm currently on the look out for a new wife as i can't stand being thanked for the claw all the time and having 'hello dear' every time i walk by her, as soon as a replacement is found she's getting it.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:13 pm

Whos Lydia and how do you get a wife, I had 5 in Fable 2 Laugh

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:32 pm

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/11/11/how-to-get-married-in-skyrim.aspx

Here's how to get married

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:39 pm

I cant access Gaming sites in work but il have a look at home thumbsup

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:44 pm

This is what it says:

The first step is going to the Temple of Mara in Riften
Once inside, talk to the priest named Maramal (he may be wandering around town instead).
Chat about Mara and weddings, and he'll ask you if you know how marriage works. After an explanation, you have the chance to buy an Amulet of Mara for 200 bucks.
In addition to the bonus on restoration spells, wearing this amulet is how you broadcast to the world that you're looking to get hitched. Have you encountered characters that seemed interested in you, but you couldn't figure out how to flirt? That's because there isn't really much flirting in Skyrim. You wear a necklace, meet someone you like, and if that person likes you back, you get married. Apparently there are many potential spouses in Skyrim, and some of them require you to meet certain requirements before they'll marry you. That's why I chose someone I was already in good with due to an early quest:
Camilla lives in Riverwood and works with her brother at the Riverwood Trader. I fetched a golden claw for them when the game began, so as soon as she saw me wearing the "I wanna get married" amulet, she was all over me. Without going on a single date, we agreed to get married. I traveled back to the temple in Riften, told the priest, and we had a ceremony (shown in the picture at the top of the page). I was a handsome and irresistible groom:
After you're married, you can talk to your spouse and decide where to live. You can select any house you own (or live in your spouse's home), but the decision isn't permanent and you can move later if you choose.

It's up to you to find out who you want to marry and how to win their favor, but these are the basic steps to follow when the decision is made. You can marry any eligible individual regardless of race, gender, or age. The whole process may seem somewhat abrupt to gamers who are accustomed more developed romance subplots (like those in Mass Effect), but life in Skyrim is tough and short, so you have to seize happiness when you can.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:50 pm

Cheers

I think I already have one of those amulets on but havent been to Riften yet (I dont think) and I messed up that Golden Claw quest so Camilla is out of the question and the game Laugh

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 19 Dec 2011, 1:13 pm

I'm going to try my luck with a donkey.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Mon 19 Dec 2011, 1:16 pm

It better not be a little donkey Wink

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 19 Dec 2011, 1:30 pm

That'd open a whole different issue which I really feel is too soon.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Mon 19 Dec 2011, 1:31 pm

Laugh

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 20 Dec 2011, 9:04 am

Has anyone done the mission to find the Red Nimroot in Blackreach, what a nightmare, it can be done during the main quest mission to find the Elder Scroll. I went into the ruins about 18.00 and didn't get out until midnight, i've got to go back in as there is a deadric mission in there somewhere also. The place was massive.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 20 Dec 2011, 10:09 am

No, but it's certainly where I'm heading tonight then!

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 20 Dec 2011, 11:33 am

Macclads (formerly Hero) wrote:I'm going to try my luck with a donkey.

Get yer coat you're coming home with me.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 20 Dec 2011, 11:36 am

Ok Eeyore OK

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 12 Jan 2012, 9:13 pm

Can someone help Welsh rugby legend, Shane Williams?

ShaneWilliams11 Shane Williams
Somebody help me? Playing Skyrim and everytime I visit a village I get attacked!! Why? #breakingme

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 12 Jan 2012, 9:33 pm

He may have a bounty out for him in that hold, it will tell you in the start menu under crimes, he can use x (blue on Xbox) to shealth his weapon and the guards should put theirs away too and talk to him. If he is with the theives guild he could bribe the guards, he may be able to pay his bounty, or he may have to go to jail, the more you play the game and get in with people the more options you gain in certain holds. If you have to go to jail you can escape or sleep on the bed to do your time and pick up your items from the chest on your way out. If however he has accidently killed or attacked someone from that village they may be after him, the more friends and family they have the worse it will be, there is no reasoning with these people only guards so they must go. If it's the whole village then that's a nightmare.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:21 pm

finally been able to put some hours into this after new year, and people werent kidding about the size. feels like i have barely played the main quest yet im currently level 37 and been on it for hours on end!! just finished jug of the horn blower. been running around doing so many side quests.

little tip for anyone who wants to level up abit easier:

its all about the smithing skill, im level 37 but 100 smithing skill. get some decent money behind you then got to a town's smith and buy all his leather and leather strips (as well as getting leather from the pelts you may have acquired) then simply start making as many leather bracers or helmets as you can. the reason for these is they use the least amount of leather but earn more then hide when selling them back. theres no point making more fancy equipment as the level soon flys up for the simple ones. sell all the equipment then go to another town and do the exact same. you end up losing your money from selling them cheaper but alot cheaper than doing the training way.

im now running around with drangon plate armour at the legendary level, bandits dont stand a chance!! let them hack away!! it took abit of time to do but im sure if like me abit of time in this game is nothing!! other way to level up would be train in broad level of skills. i was all two handed weapons for a while so when around a area that wasnt to tough i would change to one handed so my skill levels would increase in that. shooting mammoths from top of a cliff with your bow is another. he cant get to you so your archery skills get nice boost with no danger

think i need to start getting on with the main quest now though!!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:26 pm

compelling and rich wrote:finally been able to put some hours into this after new year, and people werent kidding about the size. feels like i have barely played the main quest yet im currently level 37 and been on it for hours on end!! just finished jug of the horn blower. been running around doing so many side quests.

little tip for anyone who wants to level up abit easier:

its all about the smithing skill, im level 37 but 100 smithing skill. get some decent money behind you then got to a town's smith and buy all his leather and leather strips (as well as getting leather from the pelts you may have acquired) then simply start making as many leather bracers or helmets as you can. the reason for these is they use the least amount of leather but earn more then hide when selling them back. theres no point making more fancy equipment as the level soon flys up for the simple ones. sell all the equipment then go to another town and do the exact same. you end up losing your money from selling them cheaper but alot cheaper than doing the training way.

im now running around with drangon plate armour at the legendary level, bandits dont stand a chance!! let them hack away!! it took abit of time to do but im sure if like me abit of time in this game is nothing!! other way to level up would be train in broad level of skills. i was all two handed weapons for a while so when around a area that wasnt to tough i would change to one handed so my skill levels would increase in that. shooting mammoths from top of a cliff with your bow is another. he cant get to you so your archery skills get nice boost with no danger

think i need to start getting on with the main quest now though!!

Buy his Iron Ingots to make Iron Daggers also, if you have filled soul gems you can then enchant your Iron Daggers and Leather Bracers so they can be worth hunderds of gold each depending on what you enchant them with, before selling them back.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:42 pm

very true giant, you will also improve your enchanting doing it. best bet is always have a weapon with soul trap enchanted to it so you get loads of soul gems to enchant with

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:44 pm

That's the one.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 30 Jan 2012, 8:05 pm

what character did everyone go for? i ended going for redguard. didnt really mean it but my character looks like mr T.

i keep losing my companians as well, some just seem to disappear lost somewhere. others keep dying on me. lydia's long gone, turned around thought she was a bandit and killed her, oops

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 30 Jan 2012, 8:22 pm

My guy had a skinhead with a huge ginger beard, made a sexy Imperial girl for my second playthrough but i didn't start it, having a break just now. Lydia was with me to the very end, i loaded it up if she died as she carried all my stuff. I eventually left her to die in a Dragons priest' layer at the very end and when i took all my stuff back i was left with a carry weight of 8,500. It was a long journey back to the theives guild to sell most of it.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 30 Jan 2012, 8:33 pm

im really struggling with weight of all my stuff, probably because of my armour being much better than my level also weighs abit and being a two hander they normally weigh abit does my head in having to keep dropping stuff so i can fast travel around

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 30 Jan 2012, 8:57 pm

Are you struggling to find your companion, if not they have an unlimited carry weight if you tell them to pick the stuff up themselves. The only other option is to put points into your stamina, my guy had about 600 carry weight and my character was level 59. I also had plenty points in Magika and Health too. I always used Lydia though to carry everything so i didn't become an issue untill i had to drop everything and wait for her to pick it up. You can also fast travel on a horse overweight if you need to get to a seller or house quick but will need to make your way back outside obviously while weighed down. There may be perks in Heavy Armour to put the weight down a bit.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 30 Jan 2012, 9:01 pm

didnt realise about them having unlimited if they pick up it them selves, ive just been trading items with them and eventually it tells me they cant carry anymore. i lost a companion with alot of my good stuff including a daedric mace, after that ive havnt been giving them very much other than dragon bones/scales when i was making my armour

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 30 Jan 2012, 9:06 pm

Yeah mate once you are weighed down drop all your stuff on a clear flat bit ground or corridor and then instruct them to pick it all up, there is no limit that way. That's how Lydia ended up carrying 8,500 carry weight, made me about 100,000 gold, once you complete all the Thieves Guild missions there is lots of sellers down there to trade and one that carries 4,000 gold every 48 hrs.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 30 Jan 2012, 9:12 pm

If your having trouble keeping a hold of followers just remember to store all your good stuff off them in your house now and again. I became a bit of a hoarder and must have nearly a Million gold worth of stuff stored in my house.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayrshirebhoy Wed 18 Apr 2012, 2:06 am

Hey, finally bought an Xbox a few weeks ago, got the starwars one Smile and after a few shots on kinect iv been playin skyrim non stop. Even at the expense of work hehe. Totally hooked! I'm L29, a high elf and been spending my perks on sneaking theiving and archery mainly. Nice idea about using the smith to level up as my magic is poor.

Ayrshirebhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayrshirebhoy Wed 18 Apr 2012, 3:22 am

Speaking of levelling up quick btw, doin a lot of sneaking around does the trick too. It's easily my highest at 75. I walk about in stealth mode a lot and found myself levelling up when I never even saw any bad guys.

Ayrshirebhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 20 Apr 2012, 9:56 am

Any idea when the DLC is coming out, i've been waiting ages.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2