The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 Six Nations in relation to HEC...!

+4
mystiroakey
EnglishReign
eirebilly
maestegmafia
8 posters

Go down

Who do you currently think will win...? (you can change your vote later)

2012 Six Nations in relation to HEC...! Vote_lcap20%2012 Six Nations in relation to HEC...! Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 10 ]
2012 Six Nations in relation to HEC...! Vote_lcap29%2012 Six Nations in relation to HEC...! Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 14 ]
2012 Six Nations in relation to HEC...! Vote_lcap12%2012 Six Nations in relation to HEC...! Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 6 ]
2012 Six Nations in relation to HEC...! Vote_lcap2%2012 Six Nations in relation to HEC...! Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
2012 Six Nations in relation to HEC...! Vote_lcap12%2012 Six Nations in relation to HEC...! Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 6 ]
2012 Six Nations in relation to HEC...! Vote_lcap24%2012 Six Nations in relation to HEC...! Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 49

2012 Six Nations in relation to HEC...! Empty 2012 Six Nations in relation to HEC...!

Post by maestegmafia Sat 19 Nov 2011, 11:35 am

I noticed that when setting up a poll that you can leave a vote cancelling option open.

I wondered how if we set up a poll running until the Six Nations Championship starts on the 4th of February in Paris.

Our votes possibly being swayed by the form of the clubs and regional teams that the nationalities nations play for.

We could add our thoughts as they develop below...! I wonder whether HEC form will negate our preconceptions of international form post RWC...?

Wales are the only 6N team to play prior to the start of the championship.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

2012 Six Nations in relation to HEC...! Empty Re: 2012 Six Nations in relation to HEC...!

Post by eirebilly Sat 19 Nov 2011, 12:01 pm

France under PSA will be a very different team than the one that Lievermont had. I think that they will be very difficult to beat in the 6N so i have them as my favourites.

Wales would be my pick for second as i think that they are a team on a high confidence level.

Ireland would be my pick for third as they have a decent team still.

England for fourth because i think that they are in a bit of turmoil now due to being managerless but they will still be better than Scotland and Italy.

Scotland for the 5th as they usually are.

Italy, although improving are still the team that will collect last in my eyes.

I also dont see a GS next year.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

2012 Six Nations in relation to HEC...! Empty Re: 2012 Six Nations in relation to HEC...!

Post by EnglishReign Sat 19 Nov 2011, 1:31 pm

Hard to disagree with that Billy, think England should treat it as a trial for the young guns and see who can cut it for the Autumn tests. Hopefully will then have a settled squad/manager for 6N 2013, but we'll give 2012 a miss.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 19 Nov 2011, 1:47 pm

yep agree - treat them as friendlies- the new coach will need to do alot of figuring out- hopefully alot of new players will get games.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 19 Nov 2011, 2:02 pm

I see what your saying EnglishReign but i cant help that think that your plan wont come to fruition. Whatever manager takes control of England, i cant see them trying too many young guys too soon. They will want to make their mark and get some wins so they may be forced to pick pretty much the same team as now. A summer tour somewhere would be the best time to try out some of the younger guys.

I do agree with you though that 2013 is the more likely year that England will compete for the 6N titel again.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 20 Nov 2011, 9:45 am

The welsh have done well in the first two rounds of the HEC and Amlin, but if ear they will find rounds three and four much tougher. Rounds that I think the French will start to shine in.

Teams like biarritz were already looking pretty useful yesterday.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Nov 2011, 10:02 am

England look set to have three caretaker coaches in charge for the six nations,that could work either way for them ie. good or bad.

Wales to take the Grand Slam i reckon with the hardest game being Ireland away.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 20 Nov 2011, 2:14 pm

well its pretty obvious to me that england should look to build for the future- either way there will be up there in the 6n's coming up- If the odds were better i would back them- but they are criminally low

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 20 Nov 2011, 8:45 pm

Because England do not have a head coach in situ right now, people are writing them off. I dont thnik at this moment in time any team should be written off.

I honestly dont NO, where England will finish to be honest but too write then off just now is foolish. in my opinion.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by mankiaow Mon 21 Nov 2011, 5:11 am

Given the performance of France in the WC, they should be a shoe-in for the 6N. Ireland, as usual, are being cast as also-rans which will suit them nicely. They did not become a bad side overnight and the provinces continue to get results. Wales were impressive but not enough to suggest they would be favourites. They should do well as long as they don't believe in their own hype. England are in a bit of turmoil and need an inspired choice for new coach, something which Rob Andrews and his cohorts seem incapable of making, but they will always be strong. Scotland have some good players but Robinson doesn't seem to be able to get the most out of them.
Italy will probably improve their slow but steady improvement and may get another surprising scalp or two.

The first two weekends of the HC seem to bear this out. A lot of close games but the likes of Leinster and Toulouse again showing they are the teams to beat. Munster are in a transitional phase but still winning. The Welsh teams have shown improvement and the English sides look like they a reflecting the form of their national side, a bit indifferent. The Scots are still struggling against the bigger sides and Italians are more competitive but still off the pace.

mankiaow

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 21 Nov 2011, 1:21 pm

After this weekends games the french still seem a little lassiez faire only winning half their games, Castres losing at home, Montpellier and Racing away.

Though two french sides scored around fifty points in their matches, that Edinburgh vs Racing game was a stormer.

The Welsh sides are still unbeaten, though the Ospreys draw away to Treviso is seen by many as a lack of achievement. Treviso are strong at home, not walk overs.

English out of their six games two home losses, one to another English side Harlequins, good result for quins there.

Irish teams half and half, good wins for HEC Irish favourites Munster (away) and Leinster (Home) Connacht (Home) and Ulster (Away) lost to two of the strongest teams in the HEC, no disrespect there.

Scottish rugby in Edinburgh seems to be firing at the moment though Glasgow will feel bad about their away game in Dublin, where they would have hoped for a bonus point, but unfortunately the Leinster machine cruised to a simple TBP win.

Italian teams, well Treviso as we now all know are no walk overs and a spirited performance against the Ospreys will certainly liven up the group and worry the other teams about playing them away. Airioni still dont seem to be able to get their foot in the door shipping 82 points in two weekends.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 21 Nov 2011, 5:33 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/15823268.stm

this changes a few things... Wales could be fielding a youth team in the six nations

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 23 Nov 2011, 11:13 am

Great to see some support for Scotland, hopefully in relations to how well their regional sides are doing...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 23 Nov 2011, 11:21 am

maestegmafia wrote:Great to see some support for Scotland, hopefully in relations to how well their regional sides are doing...

It's very early days yet. Scottish club sides do seem to be improving a lot. Who knows, perhaps being sent home tae think again at the RWC before the quarters provided the kick up the Jeer Scottish rugby needed.

From the ashes of a terrible world cup, youngsters ranging from the age of 18 to 25 have emerged and are starting to play better rugby. It's way to early to comment but we have yet to see the best of a lot of guys playing well for Glasgow and Edinburgh.

England could be in for a Shock in the opening game of the 6N when they come to Murrayfield and face a team who will look to throw the ball about a bit instead of hoping to strangle the life out of them in a dire mud wrestle.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by cabbagesandbrussels Wed 23 Nov 2011, 11:36 am

maestegmafia wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/15823268.stm

this changes a few things... Wales could be fielding a youth team in the six nations

To be fair, I'd say out of the 3 players pictured, only Phillips is true world class. I wouldnt worry about Byrne, (who has had his day - a fit Morgan Stoddart is infinently better) and Hook (on his day brilliant but WAY too inconsistent. Priestland is a shoe in at 10)

I think that the 2012 6N will be extremely open again and can't really call it. Of the European sides, only Wales have really good form to take into the tournament. France need stability and a settled side that they never had under ML. Ireland have a lot of players past their prime and in the twighlight of their careers. England are in total dissaray, but have a great chance to blood some young talent.

At a push, my predictions are:

1) Wales (6N but no slam)
2) Ireland
3) France
4) England
5) Italy
6) Scotland

cabbagesandbrussels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down