The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If ever England needed the shock of the new, the time is now.

2 posters

Go down

If ever England needed the shock of the new, the time is now. Empty If ever England needed the shock of the new, the time is now.

Post by maestegmafia Sun 20 Nov 2011, 11:15 am

Great article in today's independent...!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-union/international/whoever-gets-the-england-job-must-start-by-inflicting-shock-of-the-new-6264498.html

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

If ever England needed the shock of the new, the time is now. Empty Re: If ever England needed the shock of the new, the time is now.

Post by emack2 Sun 20 Nov 2011, 1:29 pm

Interesting article,thanks for posting it ,BUT the RWC is NOT the be all and end all.First get a good coach in place,indeed prune the Squad down,and pick a new one for NOW.Start thinking one game at a time,think defeat is not an option.
For so long England with more players than any other and resources too
have under achieved.IF your an All Black or Bok side you EXPECT to win EVERY match.
THERE is a mighty inquest when you lose such are there expectations,IF you are England you HOPE to win especially v the SH sides.
Forget the RWC,take away scandals,refs decisions and be ruthlessly truthful
BOTH Wales and England.
Please treat the following comments objectively I am not bashing EITHER side.
Realistically NEITHER side was going to win the RWC before it,England played two good Pool games Romania and Georgia ,scraped past Argentina
[who no side found easy]and Scotland.Won there pool.
They then went out to a France side producing it`s best game to date,injuries to Sheridan[tho,I think he was over rated]and insisting on picking Wilkinson.
Wales started with a bang ,running the Boks close after an early scare,BUT one had the idea the Boks had something in the bag if required.
Ire land v Wales anywhere but at home is a 50/50 bet but good Wales win,
Then the loss to France,but for the card WOULD they have won I don`t know teams sometimes play better in adversity.
Wales had a good RWC,England a poor one REALLY being objective there was`nt much in it.Wales found Priestland ,Warburton,North and Faletou.
Would EITHER have won the RWC no way Jose,the All Blacks would have had it easier.
England also want to employ Scouts,going to boghole grounds watching talent for the future.
Trouble is whoever comes in IF he has a run of defeats,the knee jerk cry will come sack somebody.
Resist it ,as CW said judge me on my RWC results,1999?had they done so maybe no 2003.
Good luck to whoever picks up the Poisoned Chalice,with Squeeky in the wings with a knife ready for the Back.

emack2

Back to top Go down