The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WAGR

4 posters

Go down

WAGR Empty WAGR

Post by K@S Wed 09 Mar 2011, 12:04 pm

I have just noticed that the R&A have produced a WAGR web page http://www.randa.org/wagr.aspx to which the USGA have given support, one wonders if it so they can now have a table which shows the top 10 golfers as American,

K@S

Back to top Go down

WAGR Empty Re: WAGR

Post by drive4show Wed 09 Mar 2011, 12:41 pm

This ranking has been in operation for quite a few years now but it is always heavily dominated by Americans. There have been a couple of British #1's but very few Continentals. I think Rory may have topped the rankings at one point but not 100% sure.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossa Wed 09 Mar 2011, 12:45 pm

Danny Willet turned pro as No.1, I think Manaserro did as well....

It is normally more mixed that it is currently. I think the collegiate comps they play over there must help their rankings quite a bit...
Rossa
Rossa

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Wed 09 Mar 2011, 12:48 pm

For the others who thought "WTF is WAGR?" it's World Amateur Golf Ranking and it is produced for both men and women. thumbsup
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 09 Mar 2011, 12:53 pm

LP

Greetings, hope you are both fit and well now?

Never looked at the ladies version but I'm guessing it is heavily dominated by the Koreans?

drive4show

Back to top Go down

WAGR Empty Re:WAGR

Post by K@S Wed 09 Mar 2011, 1:21 pm

drive4show wrote:
Never looked at the ladies version but I'm guessing it is heavily dominated by the Koreans?

The top Korean is 25th on the list

K@S

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 09 Mar 2011, 1:25 pm

K@S wrote:
drive4show wrote:

Really?? Wow that does surprise me! They are producing top women pros at a phenomenal rate just now and really dominate the professional rankings.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossa Wed 09 Mar 2011, 1:32 pm

drive4show wrote:
K@S wrote:
drive4show wrote:

Really?? Wow that does surprise me! They are producing top women pros at a phenomenal rate just now and really dominate the professional rankings.

To be fair No. 1, Cho and No. 4, Ko both from NZ sound like Korean names to me Whistle, I don't know their cicumstances but its quite possible the attibutes that make Korean female golfers so successful may well apply to these lasses as well.
Rossa
Rossa

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossa Wed 09 Mar 2011, 1:35 pm

Rossa wrote:
drive4show wrote:
K@S wrote:
drive4show wrote:

To be fair No. 1, Cho and No. 4, Ko both from NZ sound like Korean names to me Whistle, I don't know their cicumstances but its quite possible the attibutes that make Korean female golfers so successful may well apply to these lasses as well.

Just checked, both Korean born...
Rossa
Rossa

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 09 Mar 2011, 1:39 pm

I once heard a commentator on Sky mention something about the rise of womens golf in Korea, he gave the number of players off scratch or better. Can't remember how many but it was a staggering amount. May have run into the 100's!!

I would be surprised if we have 50 women in GB&I off scratch or better.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Wed 09 Mar 2011, 4:12 pm

drive4show wrote:LP

Greetings, hope you are both fit and well now?

Sadly not as fit and well as we'd like Crying or Very sad. Still haven't picked up a club for more than 18 months but hoping to make it to the range soon to try and remember which end to hold. Bad hips meant my whole body was out of alignment and now I'm starting to level out again, my knees and achilles tendons are complaining like anything. furious Trouble is, having been away from playing for so long, I'm starting not to miss it. LordP is getting back into motorsport and I'm enjoying learning to be a rally navigator. But we still watch the golf on Sky every week so will probably get the bug again once the weather perks up.

Why isn't that "quote" thing working????

Last edited by Davie on Wed 09 Mar 2011, 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed the quote tag for LP - a couple too many characters missing from the closing tag)
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum