The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nadal must beat Federer to progress

5 posters

Go down

Nadal must beat Federer to progress Empty Nadal must beat Federer to progress

Post by bogbrush Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:44 pm

I can't see him beating Tsonga really, I think we might easily have a three way tie at two wins each if Nadal beats Federer, with Fed beating Tsonga & Fish, J-W beating Fish and Nadal and Nadal over Fed/Fish.

Sets could well come into it.

If Federer beats Nadal tonight I think this is Roger & J-W going through.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Nadal must beat Federer to progress Empty Re: Nadal must beat Federer to progress

Post by wow Tue 22 Nov 2011, 9:21 pm

ageless federer beats the moonballer again.

wow

Back to top Go down

Nadal must beat Federer to progress Empty Re: Nadal must beat Federer to progress

Post by bogbrush Wed 23 Nov 2011, 3:10 pm

That match doomed Nadal from the event Tsonga will win tomorrow.

Indeed I can see a Tsonga/Federer final being a very feasible outcome.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Wed 23 Nov 2011, 3:15 pm

I think Nadal was doomed on the opening day, If he struggled like that to beat Fish what chance would he have against Federer and Tsonga?

Besides I'm pretty sure the DC final's more important to him as it was to Novak last year.

Last edited by erictheblueuk on Wed 23 Nov 2011, 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed 23 Nov 2011, 3:16 pm

I think Djoko is going to be a tall order though for anybody. Federer will get his serve returned with a bit more bite than v Nadal.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 23 Nov 2011, 3:33 pm

Yes, he will. That's why I think Federer might benefit from Tsonga coming through; on his day he's trouble for anyone (esp as theb guy who took Djoko to the brink is losing to Tipsy today).
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed 23 Nov 2011, 3:39 pm

Yes, but on the other end, if Nadal manages to get to the semi, those 2 coudl have a 3 hours match without spare day to rest for the final. This will certainly help Federer.

I don;t mind seeing physical players destroying each other physically. In fact I like to watch those kind of matches every other month.

HOwever I fear Nadal might not want to face Djoko ....nor Federer again this year.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 23 Nov 2011, 3:49 pm

I see where you're going but I doubt we'll witness the match. Indeed, should Djokovic not win tonight it may be a Federer/Djokovic semi-final anyway!.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by FedsFan Wed 23 Nov 2011, 6:42 pm

erictheblueuk wrote:I think Nadal was doomed on the opening day, If he struggled like that to beat Fish what chance would he have against Federer and Tsonga?

Besides I'm pretty sure the DC final's more important to him as it was to Novak last year.

Judging by past performance, Fed is always a better match up for Nadal. Glad Fed got it together. Even with Nadal on an 'off' day, the demons in Fed's head sometimes can get the better of him. I too think the DC is more on his mind especially as he is headlining it.

FedsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down