The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British Army to deploy secret weapon to Afghanistan

+4
drive4show
McLaren
JDandfries
gaelgowfer
8 posters

Go down

British Army to deploy secret weapon to Afghanistan Empty British Army to deploy secret weapon to Afghanistan

Post by gaelgowfer Wed 23 Nov 2011, 10:38 am

Apparently it's the latest in drone technology ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/8907768/Colin-Montgomerie-to-take-Ryder-Cup-trophy-with-him-on-visit-to-British-troops-in-Afghanistan.html

... and has been named "the windbag".

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

British Army to deploy secret weapon to Afghanistan Empty Re: British Army to deploy secret weapon to Afghanistan

Post by JDandfries Wed 23 Nov 2011, 10:43 am

I hope you didnt spend too long making that one up!! Tumbleweed

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

British Army to deploy secret weapon to Afghanistan Empty Re: British Army to deploy secret weapon to Afghanistan

Post by McLaren Wed 23 Nov 2011, 10:53 am

I hope it doesn't chunk it with only 180 yards left to the target. Still 180 yards would be more accurate than most of our attempts.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 23 Nov 2011, 11:03 am

If it's Monty then distance control shouldn't be a problem. Left or right of the target may be though.

And let's hope he doesn't put it into a bunker, the last bunker scandal has only just died down Shocked

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 23 Nov 2011, 11:18 am

I thought monty chunked it a little up the 18th at the us open ogilvy won? Or did he just miss. Either way it was a mess.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Wed 23 Nov 2011, 11:30 am

What really surprises me about this is why has it been announced before his visit and not after? Surely there has to be enormous security implications not least for the soldiers themselves?

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Wed 23 Nov 2011, 12:26 pm

McLaren wrote:I thought monty chunked it a little up the 18th at the us open ogilvy won? Or did he just miss. Either way it was a mess.

Chunked it after waiting for Vijay to get a ruling.

I had money on him at 125/1. That 20 mins cost me a few quid & Monty the US Open.
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 23 Nov 2011, 12:33 pm

Didnt a few people throw away that US, not just Monty. Seem to remember Mickleson having a horror show at the last ?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Wed 23 Nov 2011, 2:12 pm

Mac - You are correct. Monty had the "Island of Manhattan" to the left of the pin, but dumped his approach right on 18. Didn't make the mess of the hole that Phil did, but almost certainly the last time Monty will ever be that close to a hoisting a major trophy.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Wed 23 Nov 2011, 5:59 pm

You are right to question the security Gael.
We don't want anything to happen to the Ryder Cup.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down