The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ziggler or Rhodes...

+13
sodhat
Don Caboose
Brady12
theanimal316
Mackem
Statto00
Samo
Kay Fabe
Buzzman
NickisBHAFC
talkingpoint
BigPhil
thetank89
17 posters

Go down

Ziggler or Rhodes... Empty Ziggler or Rhodes...

Post by thetank89 Wed 23 Nov 2011, 3:20 pm

Not the greatest thread ever, but I'm having a slow day. Just been thinking about the two current mid-card champs, and who do you think will go further in the WWE, and who would you want to go further?

Personally I'm a big fan of both, and think their recent work has probably been the best in WWE at the moment. Though I edge towards Ziggler as I think his in ring ability is just sensational.

Thoughts?

thetank89

Back to top Go down

Ziggler or Rhodes... Empty Re: Ziggler or Rhodes...

Post by BigPhil Wed 23 Nov 2011, 3:24 pm

I think Ziggler is good but he needs a bit of shaking up and a true character before he makes the step up. You can be great in the ring but you need to be interesting when not in a match too, he desperately needs to lose Vickie.
Rhodes I feel can make it further, his work on the mic is more composed and elegant to me and he seems like he really puts his effort into the acting side of things.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 23 Nov 2011, 3:51 pm

Rhodes has the better gimmick but Ziggler is the better wrestler. I'm a big fan of both - Rhode's was the surprise star of WM 27 for me - his match against Mysterio was excellent and the fact that he's kept his 'phantom' gimmick is great for him. Ziggler just oozes future world champion to me - I saw it in his feud with Edge and really thought this would be his year! I'm a little frustrated that for some reason the WWE are holding him back, but I do think he can achieve great things in the WWE.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 23 Nov 2011, 3:58 pm

Dolph Ziggler is a fantastic wrestler and always delivers when he is in that ring. He does deserve a push which i hope is soon but he does need to drop the us title hopefully to Zack Ryder. What he does lack though is on the mic he isnt very good on the mic. He also needs to drop Vickie. I personally think he should drop Vickie and turn face but im not sure if turning face could be good for him or it might drop him down the peaking order. Or it could be a one ppv wonder like Alex Riley and starts to drop all the way down to superstars.

Cody Rhodes on the other hand. Is OK in the ring. I dont think he is particually special. But the guy has everything else you need to be a top wwe superstar. Im fearing wwe are not giving him that push and instead are opting for Wade Barret.

So to answer your question i would say. Dolph Ziggler

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov 2011, 4:45 pm

I would be devastated if Ziggler lost the title to Ryder, I don't mind him dropping it if it's what will move him on to the main event scene just not to someone who is getting pushed purely on his ability to sell merchandise

To answer the thread I actually can't choose, both have their strengths. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to sit on the fence on this one as both are favourite on their respective brands

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Wed 23 Nov 2011, 4:52 pm

both have been great as of late, but i prefer cody rhodes personally.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 23 Nov 2011, 4:55 pm

Ziggler doesn't need to drop the US Title at all and he definitely doesn't need to drop it to Ryder, there is no reason why Ziggler can't hold the US Title until WrestleMania at the very least

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 23 Nov 2011, 5:57 pm

Tough call.

Zigglers the better wrestler but Cody has the better gimmick. Both have had excellent years and Ziggler could be beating MVP's record for the longest US title reign.

I honestly cant pick one, straight up draw for me.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Wed 23 Nov 2011, 6:07 pm

I think Ziggler's "mini promo" at SS was promising (as was them giving him a mic during a PPV full stop). Right now, because of the in-ring look and work, I lean towards ziggles.

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by thetank89 Wed 23 Nov 2011, 6:23 pm

I like Gaffers idea of Ziggler holding on until Mania. As has been mentioned on some threads, I'd keep him doing double duty too. Just push his in ring ability massively via commentary etc.

Personally I think there's just something about Rhodes that doesn't sit right with me Don't get me wrong, I'm loving his work but ca't iagine him with the belt, even on SD. Whereas I could see Ziggler on SD with the belt in the near future.

thetank89

Back to top Go down

Post by Mackem Wed 23 Nov 2011, 8:02 pm

Personally I think both will become World Champions but Rhodes will be World Champion before Ziggler.

Mackem

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Wed 23 Nov 2011, 10:05 pm

It's interesting to her quite a few opinions that Rhodes gimmick is better and Ziggler needs to improve on the mic. I personally feel Ziggler is the best wrestler in WWE at the moment, I think Cody is a very good wrestler. I don't rate him on the mic though, it is uncomfortable to watch when he talks. I see Ziggler as the new show stopper.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 23 Nov 2011, 10:29 pm

I'm in a minority by the looks of it as I feel Dolph Ziggler's mic work is very good

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 23 Nov 2011, 10:36 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I'm in a minority by the looks of it as I feel Dolph Ziggler's mic work is very good

Your not mate.... I think Ziggler has developed massively in the last few months especially on the mic...

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 23 Nov 2011, 10:38 pm

Mackem wrote:Personally I think both will become World Champions but Rhodes will be World Champion before Ziggler.

?? Ziggler has already been World Champ so I think this may be the worst prediction ever

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Wed 23 Nov 2011, 10:40 pm

are we counting that title reign? i noticed they made reference to it on raw. i didn't know if it was recognised.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Thu 24 Nov 2011, 9:49 am

Definitely Dolph Ziggler.

His arrogant smirk and laid back talking style screams superstar way more than Rhodes fractured take on Patrick Bateman.

Plus Ziggler looks like he belongs in the ring. Rhodes is getting better but still a little rigid in his movement and setups.

Crucially perhaps, Cody carries the surname of a legend and "Dolph Ziggler" sounds like a frat boy character.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 24 Nov 2011, 9:55 am

the-gaffer wrote:I'm in a minority by the looks of it as I feel Dolph Ziggler's mic work is very good

I was surprised too, that there was some criticism of his mic work on here.

I think he is very good, and if he has the subject matter to get his teeth into, will cut an excellent promo on anybody.

Rhodes is good on the mic, but I want to see where his 'liberated' character goes before I proclaim him better than Ziggler. I think they both have the potential to be better than each other, it depends on how they use it and the chances they get.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Thu 24 Nov 2011, 12:14 pm

I prefer Rhodes, I do worry Dolph's ''look'' will hold him back considering he looks more like a cruiserweight. Hopefully Vince will look through this and put the strap on him at some point

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Thu 24 Nov 2011, 12:29 pm

psycho-gooner wrote:I prefer Rhodes, I do worry Dolph's ''look'' will hold him back considering he looks more like a cruiserweight. Hopefully Vince will look through this and put the strap on him at some point

That is a concern, but I'd say between Jeff Hardy, Punk and HBK before he retired the need to be a body builder is gone. Sure it still helps a lot, but if you are good enough, its not going to matter so mcuh.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 24 Nov 2011, 12:58 pm

I think Rhodes will get to the top before Ziggler, but I think when Dolph gets there, he will stay there longer.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Thu 24 Nov 2011, 4:19 pm

No reason why they can't both get to the top, the way they are going. I would rather keep Cody heel though and I see Dolph more as a long term face.
If I had to choose though, I'd say Dolph is better.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mackem Thu 24 Nov 2011, 7:29 pm

Brady12 wrote:
Mackem wrote:Personally I think both will become World Champions but Rhodes will be World Champion before Ziggler.

?? Ziggler has already been World Champ so I think this may be the worst prediction ever

Very Happy very true. I meant a run that lasted longer than a day.

Mackem

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Fri 25 Nov 2011, 2:09 am

Best Seller -
Ziggler
Best Talker -
Rhodes
Ring Skills -
Ziggler
Most heat -
Don't know really due to Ziggler being with Vickie

Both very likely to become World Champions, could see Ziggler taking the crown first though.

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down