The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can we let the accolades start already...?

+7
wales606
BigTrevsbigmac
Morgannwg
Breadvan
bedfordwelsh
BlueNote
maestegmafia
11 posters

Go down

Can we let the accolades start already...? Empty Can we let the accolades start already...?

Post by maestegmafia Wed 23 Nov 2011, 5:38 pm

Playing for a nation that realises successful peaks sporadically, ploughing depths of despair and dejection too frequently. Being a Welsh rugby player must have been a hell of a roller coaster ride over the last eleven years. Seven different coaches, more losses than wins, then two grand slams and RWC Semi Final.

Stats speak a certain amount of how great this player is.

5'7"

12st 8 lbs

Born 26th of Feb 1977

First capped aged 23

Third in the all time International try scorers list

Welsh record try scorer

86 International Caps

4 British and Irish Lions Caps on two tours

126 Regional Caps

2008 IRB Player of the Year

57 Tries for Wales

One game left to equal Neil Jenkins the Highest ever points scorer for Wales...?

Wouldn't miss it for the World...!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/15859062.stm

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Can we let the accolades start already...? Empty Re: Can we let the accolades start already...?

Post by BlueNote Wed 23 Nov 2011, 5:59 pm

Am going to the game along with my parents and daughter - wouldn't miss saying goodbye and thanks to Shane. He has lit up so much of the last decade for Wales.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Can we let the accolades start already...? Empty Re: Can we let the accolades start already...?

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov 2011, 6:01 pm

Personally I think this game is a disgrace. Not because it's for Shane's send off, as I think he's amazing. But I think it's a cheap cap to dish out and I think the timing off this match is utterly and completely appalling, and the WRU are treating the regions incredibly poorly in what is such a crucial part of the rugby season.

I'm disgusted this match has even been arranged to be honest.

That said though, I know there'll be many who want to give Shane a great send off. He's a legend of the Welsh game, and has always done his best to make Wales proud whenever he's worn the shirt. A great guy and a brilliant player clap

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 23 Nov 2011, 6:07 pm

Pity WRU didnt have better marketing policy so that more could afford to go.

As for Ickle himself - proved beyond doubt that you don't have to be agiant to succeed and has been great servant to Wales and wehn people name their best ever Wales XV he will sit on the opposite wing to another legend Gerald.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Wed 23 Nov 2011, 9:23 pm

More accolades? The wee fellas been accoladed out on here (and 606) since 2008! Deserved? yes, but a tad ott sometimes.

Last edited by Breadvan on Wed 23 Nov 2011, 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 23 Nov 2011, 9:25 pm

Chris Ashton bandwagon can only but dream...
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Wed 23 Nov 2011, 9:30 pm

Facepalm emoticon needed asap!
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Wed 23 Nov 2011, 9:37 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Chris Ashton bandwagon can only but dream...

Since you mentioned it one accolade he won't win is try of the year!

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 23 Nov 2011, 9:40 pm

Yawn Chris Ashton Bandwagon... Where were you last friday night?

Shane = Ledge.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Wed 23 Nov 2011, 9:42 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Yawn Chris Ashton Bandwagon... Where were you last friday night?

Shane = Ledge.

You mentioned Ashton in not me and surely Ickle is more useful than a ledge.
Bookend maybe?

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 23 Nov 2011, 9:46 pm

Didnt know this...

"breaking the record on the all-time Wales try scoring list in the championship's final match against France, when he scored his 41st try for Wales. This try resulted in his father Mark Williams winning £25,000 from a £50 bet placed almost 10 years previously that he'd one day become Wales' leading try scorer."
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Wed 23 Nov 2011, 9:48 pm

Seriously, you cannot compare what they've both done in the game. There history is completely different.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by England rugby fan Wed 23 Nov 2011, 9:59 pm

Not sure why anyone is mentioning Ashton on this dull thread, just to liven it up perhaps ? Williams can only dream of winning try of the year though.

England rugby fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 23 Nov 2011, 10:07 pm

England rugby fan wrote:Not sure why anyone is mentioning Ashton on this dull thread, just to liven it up perhaps ? Williams can only dream of winning try of the year though.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Can only dream of winning the try of the year! That is funny and I'm sure Shane's really bothered about that having already won IRB player of the year. <laugh>
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 23 Nov 2011, 10:10 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
England rugby fan wrote:Not sure why anyone is mentioning Ashton on this dull thread, just to liven it up perhaps ? Williams can only dream of winning try of the year though.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Can only dream of winning the try of the year! That is funny and I'm sure Shane's really bothered about that having already won IRB player of the year. <laugh>

and 6N player of the tournament and 3rd highest international try scorer...
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 23 Nov 2011, 10:16 pm

Oh yeah wales606, how could I forget that. Must have been busy thinking about the "try of the year" award. Maybe Shane will delay his retirement so he can try and get this award? Get it, TRY?!
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by England rugby fan Wed 23 Nov 2011, 10:20 pm

No answer as to the reason why you mentioned Chris Ashton on this dull thread ?

Yes. He can only dream of winning try of the year. Never has, never will thumbsup

Biggest fix of 2008 was SW winning player of the year.

You must be so proud of him getting around 20,000 phone votes for him to get 6N of the year.

Wow, 3rd highest try scorer. Who ever remembers who came 3rd ? Ah, just remembered, the Welsh do, just as they keep telling us who came 3rd in 1987.

England rugby fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 23 Nov 2011, 10:27 pm

To liven it up, you already mentioned it. It worked aswell.

As already mentioned, I'm sure he's very bothered after having won the IRB player of the year. It's a shame nobody remembers a "fix" and just the award itself. Shane was IRB player of the year! Very Happy

You must be so proud of Ashton getting around 20,000 phone votes for him to get try of the year. Very Happy
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 23 Nov 2011, 10:37 pm

That's about enough of the bickering folks, can we please drop it before a real slanging match starts.

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 23 Nov 2011, 11:06 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Oh yeah wales606, how could I forget that. Must have been busy thinking about the "try of the year" award. Maybe Shane will delay his retirement so he can try and get this award? Get it, TRY?!

Rolling Eyes tomato
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 23 Nov 2011, 11:07 pm

Cant you idiots just celebrate a decent player without starting some pathetic fight.

England rugby fan is a troll. A complete idiot who only wants to wind you up.

Why on earth are you giving him the grace to do so???

Seriously annoyed. I started this thread to praise a player who deserves it. Who not only performs but entertains. Who has excelled doing so.

You lot turn it into a pathetic bun fight.

Grow up the lot of you...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Wed 23 Nov 2011, 11:26 pm

Ah shane, a great player, Wales top try scorer, Third in the all time world list, IRB player of the year and one of the most exciting players Ive ever seen.

ERF laughing Im sorry but after the days news I cant stop laughing whenever I see the words England and Rugby.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by England rugby fan Wed 23 Nov 2011, 11:57 pm

MM, I think you'll find that a Welshman started the trolling by mentioning Ashton.....

TO, you are easily pleased. Has anyone told you not to believe everything you read in the papers ?

Shane has an OK try scoring record, but he's only 3rd in the world. If he was top try scorer then it might be something to shout about....

England rugby fan

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 24 Nov 2011, 12:10 am

If you are going to throw accolades at Shane Williams, I think you need to keep them........short.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Thu 24 Nov 2011, 12:18 am

England rugby fan wrote:MM, I think you'll find that a Welshman started the trolling by mentioning Ashton.....

TO, you are easily pleased. Has anyone told you not to believe everything you read in the papers ?

Shane has an OK try scoring record, but he's only 3rd in the world. If he was top try scorer then it might be something to shout about....

Even more amusing, yep its all the mean nasty journalists making up the England players comments laughing Yahoo

We also only have 3 players in the top twenty all time list, I agree its not good enough but it does of course mean that shane is a better try scorer than the elder underwood, Greenwood, cohen, guscott, Robinson all of whom he has scored more than and has a better trys per game average.

tick tick tock goes the clock, 9 weeks to the six nations, no CEO, no High performance director, no coach, no captain, nobody with the authority to choose an EPS, Sponsers up in arms, leaked confidential reports and a disaster of a RWC. Im just wondering what comedy tomorrow will bring from the hallowed halls of the RFU. What makes it even funnier are the English WUMS desperate attempts to bait the welsh.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by England rugby fan Thu 24 Nov 2011, 12:22 am

Broken Record

England rugby fan

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Thu 24 Nov 2011, 12:25 am

England rugby fan wrote: Broken Record

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Thu 24 Nov 2011, 12:27 am

I think its the other way round TO. Anyhoo...SW does deserve accolades as he retiers from int rugby. Helluva career.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by England rugby fan Thu 24 Nov 2011, 12:32 am

It says a lot about some Welsh "fans" who turn a thread about a Welsh player into a rant about the supposed state of England Rugby........

Last edited by England rugby fan on Thu 24 Nov 2011, 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total

England rugby fan

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Thu 24 Nov 2011, 12:33 am

Ah bread, I do try to differentiate between the WUMS and those english posters who know their stuff and make interesting and insightful comments about the game. ERF is not one of those so his tears make me smile sorry.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down