The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rob Andrew "we know the squad for the 6 nations!"

+4
OzT
LondonTiger
majesticimperialman
Yoda
8 posters

Go down

Rob Andrew "we know the squad for the 6 nations!" Empty Rob Andrew "we know the squad for the 6 nations!"

Post by Yoda Thu 24 Nov 2011, 8:41 pm

Reading the BBC website I came across this little gem form the original teflon man. "I have a plan A, B and C" "we know the 6 nations squad"

Now excuse my ignorance but shouldn't he have had a Plan A, B, C before the world cup? In addition to this why is he picking the squad all of a sudden and so soon after recent events?

I would prefer for the crowd to vote on the day much like X factor than let him pick, it might make for more fun on the day and at least the people who have actually paid money having a say! Mickey Mouse is in town and he running the RFU!

Yoda

Back to top Go down

Rob Andrew "we know the squad for the 6 nations!" Empty Re: Rob Andrew "we know the squad for the 6 nations!"

Post by majesticimperialman Thu 24 Nov 2011, 8:51 pm

It did make me wonder when he said, we know the squad for the 6ns.

How does he know the squad for the 6ns? Is it the same squad that played in the RWC, if so then nothing has changed, or will change untill the RFU sorts it self out.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Rob Andrew "we know the squad for the 6 nations!" Empty Re: Rob Andrew "we know the squad for the 6 nations!"

Post by LondonTiger Fri 25 Nov 2011, 8:03 am

I listened to the full interview and then the discussions between Alastair Eykin and Brian Moore while stuck on a traffic jam on the M25.

When talking about the players for the 6N he first said that the England squad for the WC was starange in that it was made up of those 25 and under and those 32 and over. Then he mentioned that they know the players for the 6Ns.

I took this to mean that the WC squad that was in the group he classed as 25 and under would form the basis of the squad. Now this is not strictly true as their are plenty between those two ages. If we take him at face value and also addi in 26 year olds the 6N squad this would include:

Corbisiero, Hartley, Cole, Wilson, Lawes, Croft, Wood, Youngs, Simpson, Flood, Tuilagi, Ashton, Banahan, Foden

If you then add in the other players who were in the extended squad and fit the age group - Care, Sharples, Doran-Jones & Robshaw - you start to have the bones of a squad.

Then assuming Lancaster is caretaker boss you can also throw in the Saxons squad http://www.rfu.com/SquadsAndPlayers/EnglandSaxons.aspx

It will be interesting Smile

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Fri 25 Nov 2011, 9:23 am

I hope he does pick the squad for the 6N ahead of a new coach's appointment. then at least we'll know what he would have been like if he WAS the coach!

Think we should give him a break and see what he comes up with. At least if he picks the squad then it is something he can be quantified and critized for, wether it is good or bad. At the mo no one seems to really know what he does.

This way he will stick his neck out and show his hand, well I know it's not poker but you know what I meant.

If it means England have a good/bad 6Ns, least it is just one season and then plenty of time to build on whatever, or sweep in a whole new management.

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 25 Nov 2011, 9:25 am

In all honesty...the squad doesnt need drastically changed....it needs tweaked....as does the 1st XV.....

What it needs is a Head coach with vision and authority to get what he wants...and give the squad a proper kick up the aris.....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Mon 28 Nov 2011, 4:11 am

Some new blood needs to be introduced like Jonny May (who is RAPPID), Robshaw, Owen Farrell, Sharples, Freddie Burns/Ryan Lamb. England have got so much young talent but they just dont get selected for some reason. As a Welsh supporter im jealous of the depth.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 28 Nov 2011, 7:38 am

Plan A : Pay off the detractors and dissenters
Plan B: Constructively dismiss the coaches
Plan C: make sure leaks divert attention and cover own butt

Squeaky!!!

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 28 Nov 2011, 9:20 am

Could'nt agree more Geordie. Englands dont have a bad side at all. If they are given a decent manager and coaching staff they will be a huge threat to any team.

My question remains in as to how much control a caretaker manager will have in to what selection and game style he chooses?

England under MJ were making some decent progress, the RWC apart, they were looking like a decent side again.

OzT. Even if RA picks the side he wont be judged on it. The side will either perform in spite of him (he will claim all the plaudits though) or fail resulting in the immediate dismissal of the caretaker manager.

A lot can be said of RA but he is a clever man and he will never put himself in a position of being held responsible. He is a slippery eel that one.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down