The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dodgy penalties and things evening themselves up

+3
dyrewolfe
Kay Fabe
ReallyReal
7 posters

Go down

Dodgy penalties and things evening themselves up Empty Dodgy penalties and things evening themselves up

Post by ReallyReal Sun 27 Nov 2011, 5:51 am

Since the PL was formed, I'd guess that 90% of all 50/50 decisions at Old Trafford have gone in favour of the home team and around a similar percentage of dodgy decisions have gone in their favour too, so if yesterdays penalty at Old Trafford was such a poor decision, how long will it take to even up all the dodgy decisions made in Uniteds favour and if things are set to even up, will Utd win anything in the next decade?

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Dodgy penalties and things evening themselves up Empty Re: Dodgy penalties and things evening themselves up

Post by Guest Sun 27 Nov 2011, 9:24 am

Well I'd say Gutierrez being sent off and Fabio surviving pretty much evened it up yesterday. To be fair, sometimes a decision goes against up and if you get a lucy one you should just accept it. Most teams will feel they've had more bad decisions than good ones.

Back to top Go down

Dodgy penalties and things evening themselves up Empty Re: Dodgy penalties and things evening themselves up

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 27 Nov 2011, 10:26 am

I remember United getting an unbelievable penalty against Bolton either last year or the year before when it was nowhere near a pen, that said, United will always get more decisions due to the sheer nature of how much they attack during a game

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 27 Nov 2011, 10:47 am

Fergie needs to pipe down and remember all the decisions that have gone United's way over the last 20-odd years, 50/50 or otherwise.

He'd also do well to remember that every other club gets rough decisions a hell of a lot more often than United do.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 27 Nov 2011, 10:53 am

I don't even think that the penalty was that bad as a decision, Ferdinand got the ball but he seemed to jump into tackle and it could have been dangerous.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Nov 2011, 11:49 am

Fergie should pipe down??? I'm sorry but this is a ridiculous thing to say. I don't care which team is involved but if you have a decision that goes against you which inevitably costs you the points in a game then I'm all for managers openly criticising referees (I don't care about what decisions have been Made in the past and if teams have had favourable decisions or not)

The fact is that it was never a penalty yesterday and it now puts us in a more difficult position to try and catch city (especially they beat Liverpool today)

I'm not going to disagree that united have had some pretty favourable decisions go their way and I could be here for a while listing them. But its about time that the referees in this league are held accountable for their mistakes considering in the grand scheme of things a win is much more than 3pts these days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Nov 2011, 12:06 pm

Referees do get punished by not getting a game, therefore not being paid.

Some managers will moan at a referee for giving a decision that could go either way to the other side. Although yesterday the pen wasn't a penalty- the ref made up for it for countless bad decisions against us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Markyjl Tue 29 Nov 2011, 2:35 pm

The referee didn't make the decision. He had given a corner. It was his assistant that waved for the penalty and after a discussion it was awarded. The Referee has to trust the view of the assistant. On this occasion the assistant was wrong so maybe he should miss a game or two.

Markyjl

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Wed 30 Nov 2011, 6:21 am

I always remember Rooney's dive for the penalty that ended Arsenal's unbeaten record. That one always sticks in my mind.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Wed 30 Nov 2011, 8:40 am

if anyones ever reffed a copmpetitive game you should know how hard it is, the game moves so ast and you gotta make a desicion after only one, usually distored view on an event, people take refs for granted, if they wanted to they could just call the game off and still get paid !

give refs a break !

YES I AM A REF
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Wed 30 Nov 2011, 6:09 pm

cherriesfan wrote:if anyones ever reffed a copmpetitive game you should know how hard it is, the game moves so ast and you gotta make a desicion after only one, usually distored view on an event, people take refs for granted, if they wanted to they could just call the game off and still get paid !

give refs a break !

YES I AM A REF
Everyone realises how hard a job it is to officiate, especially in the super fast PL, but at the same time, when certain teams seem to get all decisions in their favour, is it any wonder that fans seem to feel that some officials are biased and even that certain teams get preferential treatment?

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down