The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bernie to axe some European races??

5 posters

Go down

Bernie to axe some European races?? Empty Bernie to axe some European races??

Post by Critical_mass Tue 29 Nov 2011, 1:23 pm

Sorry not much to go on, but ive just read this paragraph on the BBC gossip column section.

"Western Europe is "finished" as a top Formula 1 racing destination and will soon host only five races, according to the sport's supremo Bernie Ecclestone. He did not name which races in Europe he thought would survive, but said he wanted to keep the total number of races in a season at 20 while expanding to Russia and considering new locations such as South Africa and Mexico."

To me it sounds like BE will be scrapping some Western European (where a number of the classic tracks are) to keep the number of races at 20 and no more.

Thoughts/discuss?

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Bernie to axe some European races?? Empty Re: Bernie to axe some European races??

Post by The Special Juan Tue 29 Nov 2011, 1:38 pm

It's pretty poor if it is the case but what Bernie says and what Bernie does are apparently 2 completely different things. If this does happen, I can see him keeping:
Silverstone
Monaco
Spa
Monza
1 more. European probably, even though it's really dull.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Bernie to axe some European races?? Empty Re: Bernie to axe some European races??

Post by Critical_mass Tue 29 Nov 2011, 1:41 pm

Yeah id have put those 4 on the list also. Isnt Magny Cours coming back onto the calendar too?

If not id say Cataluyna will be the 5th.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 29 Nov 2011, 1:57 pm

if he gets rid of any of them 4 their be a riot from most f1 fans. id presume the 5th would somewhere in germany?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue 29 Nov 2011, 2:02 pm

ah good point yeah scrap my 5th it will be hokkenheim or Nurburgring, most likely the latter.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 29 Nov 2011, 2:40 pm

Someone needs to axe Bernie Ecclestone. Rolling Eyes
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 29 Nov 2011, 2:43 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:Someone needs to axe Bernie Ecclestone. Rolling Eyes

His daughter will literally axe him, I imagine, when she runs out of money.

I forgot about Germany. Now I like Hokkenheim but then I like the Nurburgring, but which is better....
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 29 Nov 2011, 2:51 pm

Nurburgring > Hockenheim

they ruined Hockenheim when they shortened it.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue 29 Nov 2011, 4:11 pm

yeah the old Hockenheim was better.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:41 pm

I suspect Valencia will be binned.

Either way its not good news - it all means more getting out of bed at stupid o clock.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:57 pm

Sky+ or a digital recorder would be a good thing to have.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Tue 29 Nov 2011, 11:21 pm

Critical_mass wrote:Sky+ or a digital recorder would be a good thing to have.
Its ok for the quali/race but for practice my setup won't allow me to record from the red button unless I leave the TV on all night (using DVB channel 301). Although that will no longer be a problem next year if sky place full coverage on a proper channel - provided I pay of course coz I'm still fuming with the beeb stitch up.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 30 Nov 2011, 7:39 am

Yeah good point on the practice. Though generally im at work whilst its on so normally listen to it on the radio.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down