The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quigg vs. Frampton Possible For 2012

+4
AlexHuckerby
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
88Chris05
schindlerswrist
8 posters

Go down

Quigg vs. Frampton Possible For 2012 Empty Quigg vs. Frampton Possible For 2012

Post by schindlerswrist Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:25 pm

Just read that Ricky Hatton wants to put Scott Quigg up against Barry McGuigan's protege Carl Frampton in the new year, Personally i think this could be an interesting domestic dust up how would you call it though?

For me i think Frampton may nick the fight however Scott Quigg is probably the more polished of the two boxers imo

schindlerswrist

Back to top Go down

Quigg vs. Frampton Possible For 2012 Empty Re: Quigg vs. Frampton Possible For 2012

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:30 pm

Certainly wouldn't mind seeing it, although I get a niggling feeling that Frampton needs to finish learning to walk before he can run. Would like to see him in a couple more twelve-rounders before this fight is made - genuinely believe that Quigg is a talent to be excited about, so Frampton needs to be ready.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Quigg vs. Frampton Possible For 2012 Empty Re: Quigg vs. Frampton Possible For 2012

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:31 pm

Quigg for me he looks the better fighter I think Frampton is wide open at times. I like Quigg everything he does is nice and compact and he's a monster at the weight. I don't think Frampton has the movement or the power to keep off Quigg.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:39 pm

frampton for me maybe stopping quigg late. think it will tough especially early but expect to see framptons superior boxing skills just see him through. toughest fight for both of them.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Wed 30 Nov 2011, 11:09 am

I see a close SD and then a rematch...could be a potential trilogy as they are so evenly matched Very Happy
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
Unbeatable Georgey Groves

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 30 Nov 2011, 12:08 pm

Quigg is too big for him imo, he will put frampton under pressure and will grind him down to a late TKO or UD. Both are top prospects, 2 of my favourite and has domestic FOTY all over it as both like to fight. Both are sound defensively and have enough power to deter each other. I think they aren't too far apart but i do think quigg may just have a bit too much for him

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 30 Nov 2011, 2:40 pm

Quigg for me. Although Frampton will probably finish his career with better honours than Quigg - it may be a tad early for him. Frampton was getting tagged all over the shop by Turley - and Quigg is very very accurate.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 30 Nov 2011, 2:47 pm

Suprised at so many going for Quigg, would have thought most would have gone for the guy with the amateur pedigree rather than the late starter, but suppose Quigg has done more in his pro career. Just think Frampton will eb a bit too technically skilled for him.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 30 Nov 2011, 2:51 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Suprised at so many going for Quigg, would have thought most would have gone for the guy with the amateur pedigree rather than the late starter, but suppose Quigg has done more in his pro career. Just think Frampton will eb a bit too technically skilled for him.

Still think he is a bit rough Frampton. Quigg is much more polished and sharper.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by monzon Thu 01 Dec 2011, 9:53 pm

Of all the good prospects we have coming through in the UK, Quigg's the most exciting, in my opinion. I've not seen enough of Frampton to say which way the fight would go, but i think Quigg has all the attributes to go to the very top.

monzon

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 01 Dec 2011, 10:25 pm

monzon wrote:Of all the good prospects we have coming through in the UK, Quigg's the most exciting, in my opinion. I've not seen enough of Frampton to say which way the fight would go, but i think Quigg has all the attributes to go to the very top.

Second that, he has an exciting style and is improving after every fight. He is growing into the weight, looked huge vs booth, he is hitting harder, sitting on his punches more and defensively he looks sound. At 5'8 he has height and size advantages over most at super bantam and also feather. Frampton is hyped for a reason, the kid is talented but he hasn't yet had to step up yet although i'm sure he can make the jump up

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 01 Dec 2011, 10:50 pm

To be fair to Frampton he wanted to fight for an EU belt but the opponent pulled out, forget his name, was gonna be a tough test for him though.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down