The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

courses you played this year

+25
ESMD
1GrumpyGolfer
kwinigolfer
barragan
jockneyboy
Diggers
Del_Boy
Davie
Mercurio
JAS
GG
ralphjohn69
Sand
liegerwoods
goodwalkspoiled
SmithersJones
matelot golfer
puligny
Doon the Water
Maverick
drive4show
McLaren
super_realist
Noshankingtonite
tarka
29 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

courses you played this year Empty courses you played this year

Post by tarka Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:30 pm

This has been my first year of proper golf so I thought I would list the courses I have played in chronological order with comments, may be of interest to some, may not to others!

Devon / Cornwall

Launceston GC - home course, generally pretty good
Looe GC - away course, hit or miss
Tavistock GC - good course, I live about 2 miles away, i can play any time for a tenner
Hurdwick GC - absolute Jimmy White but 0.5miles from my gaff
Yelverton GC - excellent, bit snobby
China Fleet - good facilities, good pro, tenner deal at the minute
Trethorne GC - surprisingly good greens, tenner deal at the minute
Bude GC - decent links, first time on a links course, loved it
okehampton GC - not bad for a tenner (deal with local club)
Tehidy park - very much enjoyed
St Mellion - Nicklaus course - immaculate although ultra-difficult

Other England

Frilford Heath blue course - the scence of my best round of the year so enjoyed
Royal Lytham St Annes - history, good nick but a shocking 14pts so ultimately hated the day, embarrassment

Wales

Celtic Manor Montgomerie - good day out, immaculate, superb venue

Scotland (february)

Prestonfield GC - Edinburgh - imho absolute mince but lovely clubhouse and haggis pakora
Musselburgh GC - top class, only £7 when playing with a member, played twice
Newbattle GC - loved this place, shot an excellent round too!
Broomieknowe GC - spot on pro, lovely food but ultimately disappointing
Melville GC - pointless little 9 holer but cheap and convenient

all in all not a bad year o' golf

tarka

Back to top Go down

courses you played this year Empty Re: courses you played this year

Post by Noshankingtonite Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:12 pm

Courses I've played this year:

606events/meetups:

Meyrick Park (Bournemouth - 36 hole open - met D4S/LJ)
Broadstone (Dorset - with D4S)
Barnet (Cannot remember name of course - met D4S/Oldshanker/Smithers Jones/LJ/Ringer)
Broadway (Worcs) - 36 hole open - met JAS
St Enedoc (Cornwall) - met JAS
Trevose (Cornwall) - massively hungover after night of drunken debauchery with JAS)

Naunton Downs (Home club)
Puckrup Hall (Tewkesbury)

Favourite course played - undoubtedly Broadstone (Trevose and St Enedoc too difficult for a chap of my limited ability).

Best clubhouse - undoubtedly Broadway (panoramic views over at least 3 counties - utterly breathtaking).
Most friendly atmosphere in clubhouse - undoubtedly Trevose thumbsup
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:45 pm

Played so many courses this year, 25 plus I think so too many to list them all.

Best course: Kingsbarns,
Worst course: TOC ( Wink )
Best condition: Newtonmore
Worst condition: The Carrick / The Dukes
Best score of the year: The Castle

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:10 pm

New Course
Jubilee (only in fife for a night after last minute invite so did not enter ballot sadly, although both those courses are very good)
Gullane 2&3
Braid Hills

Not really played all that much this year but still a few decent courses notched up.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:28 pm

I've not played as many courses this year as normal but still managed quite a few. 9 different new courses in Myrtle Beach this year, all the decent courses in the Bournemouth area plus a few opens and meet ups.

Good courses that I played in the UK this year are Ferndown, Parkstone, Remedy Oak, Saunton, Oxfordshire, Carnoustie and Silloth.

My total number of courses played now tops 250 with about 50 of those in the UK top 100.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:46 pm

Not played half as many as planned this year due to the injury so only played 4 courses including my home course! 2 others were local munis, one yesterday in a charity day and the other in a club friendly.

The only real course of note I played this year was:

Doral - Blue Monster- absolutely loved immaculate condition a real hard test and superb facilities. So much so have scheduled a return even though I have no business out there next year and hoping to play off the tees they do for the WGC

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:54 pm

Belleisle
Turnberry Kintyre
Darley
St Kittocks
Lochgreen
Girvan
Maybole
Royal Dalmilling
Dundonald
Isle of Bute

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:25 pm

Courses played for the first time this year which are more than worth a mention:
Brockenhurst
Pitlochry
We Ko Pa xs 2 (Arizona)
Seven Canyons (Arizona)
Blairgowrie - Rosemount
Royal St David's Harlech
Hadley Wood
The Oxfordshire
Worplesdon

Special mention to a now old favourite Broadstone because D4s mentioned Remedy Oak!!!!

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by matelot golfer Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:15 pm

Good topic. Here's my year of courses for what it's worth.

Mullion- home track, allways enjoy it, great Nic all year, especially the greens.

Bowood, Cornwall, good test, tough last two holes, nice track.

West Cornwall , good track with a few quirky holes.

Tehidy, really nice parkland with two very tough par 4's length wise towards the end of the round.

Newquay , good course and greens given the small piece of land the course. Lads, if you play here in the some take some 'fannyoculers' with you. The birds in bikinis on Fistral beach and cutting through the course is worth playing it alone!!!!

Nicklaus, St mellion, great test and since drainage work done now better than ever. £16 on a corporate deal with buggy all year so just love the challenge.

China Fleet - Fleet Air Arm Champs- played champs there for last 6 years and always loved it. Greens fast this year. Good test and only someone on the top of their game has ever won the comp. 18 strong holes.

Dartmouth, championship course, that's what it says and that's what it is,superb. FAA champs there for the 1st time next year. Can't wait.

St Enodoc . Jewel in Cornwalls crown.

Trevose, just behind above bit clubhouse and facilities run superbly by Nick Gammon and his family. Quality golf with a clubhouse all others could learn from!

Ipswich, Purdis Heath . If in Surrey it would be £100+. Great course and greens at a great price.

Hesketh, southport - overrated and overpriced. Much better course on the Lancs coast around there.

Ladybank, 10 miles from TOC, Navy Champs there this year. Underrated and would thoroughly reccomend if your are ever up playing around golfs Mecca! Last 5 holes all par 4s at 400yds plus, although all great and reachable if taking on the challenge of the doglegs left and right. Could not praise the condition and welcome we had for the week of golf enough!!

Meon valley, good course although some might find some of the long par 4s just abit on the tight side given the amount of trees.

Turkey ,Gloria new and old, never seen courses so well manicured for general public Play. 0700 am tee offs with the dew and watching it burn off and rise through the trees as we went round was just golfing nirvana.

Faldos track very good, don't think there was one hole where you could see the green from the tee apart from one or two holes. Definitely one for the strategic player and not the bomber!! Very very good again
That's it I think, any I've missed just were not worthy of mention!

Montys track, great Nic again with good greens and bunkers.

For what it worth I would choose turkey over the algarve or Spain any day. Susesi is a great ultra all inclusive hotel if yo plan to go there. Think there's now something like 240 holes in the space of 5 miles of golfing real estate.

Last edited by matelot golfer on Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed one or two tracks out)

matelot golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:10 pm

As I'm bored;

Crondon Park - home course, played very nicely all year (it did, not me!)
Other local courses
Abridge - really lovely, even though it's next to the M25
Ash Valley - very dull
Ballards Gore - better than I'd expected, playing there again next weekend
Burnham - Never been a fan, still am not
Channels - always a pleasure, and only a mile from home!
Colchester - in worst nick I've ever seen it
The Essex - Great test, to which I wasn't equal
Felixstowe Ferry - great fun even in the cold & wind in March
Frinton - Always a pleasure
Garon Park - proper rubbish muni
Hintlesham - First time there, short but nice
North Weald - ok
Rochford - very nice but something missing
Romford - only played 13, wasn't bothered about missing the rest
Stock Brook Manor - nowhere near as good as it thinks it is
Thorpe Hall - a gem
Upminster - pretty good apart from the road separating 2-17 from 1,18 & clubhouse

Rest of the country

Old Fold Manor - super course in Herts, especially as I won!
Botley Park - Macdonald Hotel in Southampton. Won there too, a holiday
South Bradford - little 9 holer, some tough holes
Letchworth - really good layout, will go again
Thorpe Wood - with Old Shanker, LJ & the Ringer. Really enjoyed it.

Pretty good year, all things considered.

SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by goodwalkspoiled Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:20 pm

Moffat
Gogarburn
Eyemouth
Callander
Gifford
Falkirk Tryst
Aberfoyle
Kings Barns
Whitekirk
The Carrick [at Loch Lomond]
goodwalkspoiled
goodwalkspoiled

Back to top Go down

Post by liegerwoods Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:46 pm

royal troon
troon portland
lochgreen
darley
dundonald
belleisle
girvan
silloth on solway
st cuthbert
brighouse bay
machrihannish old
macrihannish dunes
dunaverty

favourite this year without doubt was silloth on solway...followed by machrihannish old, then dunaverty

best round was 77 scr from the championship tees on royal troon for the practice round of the hillhouse cup.

liegerwoods

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:51 pm

matelot golfer wrote:Good topic. Here's my year of courses for what it's worth.

Mullion- home track, allways enjoy it, great Nic all year, especially the greens.

Bowood, Cornwall, good test, tough last two holes, nice track.

West Cornwall , good track with a few quirky holes.

Tehidy, really nice parkland with two very tough par 4's length wise towards the end of the round.

Newquay , good course and greens given the small piece of land the course. Lads, if you play here in the some take some 'fannyoculers' with you. The birds in bikinis on Fistral beach and cutting through the course is worth playing it alone!!!!

Nicklaus, St mellion, great test and since drainage work done now better than ever. £16 on a corporate deal with buggy all year so just love the challenge.

China Fleet - Fleet Air Arm Champs- played champs there for last 6 years and always loved it. Greens fast this year. Good test and only someone on the top of their game has ever won the comp. 18 strong holes.

Dartmouth, championship course, that's what it says and that's what it is,superb. FAA champs there for the 1st time next year. Can't wait.

St Enodoc . Jewel in Cornwalls crown.

Trevose, just behind above bit clubhouse and facilities run superbly by Nick Gammon and his family. Quality golf with a clubhouse all others could learn from!

Ipswich, Purdis Heath . If in Surrey it would be £100+. Great course and greens at a great price.

Hesketh, southport - overrated and overpriced. Much better course on the Lancs coast around there.

Ladybank, 10 miles from TOC, Navy Champs there this year. Underrated and would thoroughly reccomend if your are ever up playing around golfs Mecca! Last 5 holes all par 4s at 400yds plus, although all great and reachable if taking on the challenge of the doglegs left and right. Could not praise the condition and welcome we had for the week of golf enough!!

Meon valley, good course although some might find some of the long par 4s just abit on the tight side given the amount of trees.

Turkey ,Gloria new and old, never seen courses so well manicured for general public Play. 0700 am tee offs with the dew and watching it burn off and rise through the trees as we went round was just golfing nirvana.

Faldos track very good, don't think there was one hole where you could see the green from the tee apart from one or two holes. Definitely one for the strategic player and not the bomber!! Very very good again
That's it I think, any I've missed just were not worthy of mention!

Montys track, great Nic again with good greens and bunkers.

For what it worth I would choose turkey over the algarve or Spain any day. Susesi is a great ultra all inclusive hotel if yo plan to go there. Think there's now something like 240 holes in the space of 5 miles of golfing real estate.

Played Ladybank this year for first time too, really good circuit.

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by ralphjohn69 Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:52 pm

Courses from this year:

Locally:
Uphall (home course)
West Lothian
Linlithgow
Harburn
Greenburn
Niddry Castle
Bathgate
Pumpherston
Deer Park

Around the lothians:
Gullane 2 & 3
Lothianburn
Craigmillar Park
Bruntsfield
Turnhouse
Baberton

Elsewhere in Scotland:
Turnhouse (Ailsa)
Glasgow Gailes
Lanark
Windyhill
The Dukes at St Andrews
The Carrick at Loch Lomond
The Castle Course at St Andrews
Dumfries & Galloway
Goswick (Berwick-upon-Tweed), just into England but only by about 5 miles!

Portugal (golf holiday with 11 mates):
Quinta da Marinha
Penha Longa Atlantico
Oitavos Dunes
Belas Clube de Campo
Estoril

Highlights were Turnberry (2nd best course I've played in Scotland behind Carnoustie; just Royal Troon to play now to have played all the scottish course on the Open rota), Glasgow Gailes (excellent links course) and Lanark (possibly the best inland course I've played in Scotland, certainly runs Loch Lomond close). Also all the courses in Portugal were excellent, Oitavos Dunes probably the pick of the bunch, very classy place and interesting, challenging course that looks like it's been there for decades rather than just 10 years.

Disappointments included Craigmillar Park (just not as good as I expected it would be) and also my visits to the Dukes & the Carrick; thought both layouts were slightly uninspiring and both extremely wet on the days I played them. Been a very wet year up here this year so some of the course locally (including my own) were not in as good condition as usual at times.

Also for Super's benefit; the Castle Course was surprisingly good, a couple of the greens were bordering on unfair and I wasn't overly sure of the mounds of rough in the middle of some fairways, but I actually really enjoyed it. We were unlucky with the weather (very foggy from 4th - 8th and then 11th - 16th) but I'd definitely play it again, reckon it's the kind of course that would get better the more you play it.

Last edited by ralphjohn69 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot I'd gone to Dumfries in October)

ralphjohn69

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:50 am

I've only really played courses in South Wales this year...

Gower GC
St. Afans
Clyne
Pyle & Kenfig
Southerndown
Glyn Abbey
Merthyr Tydfil
Pennard
Machynys
Swansea Bay
Morriston

The best was probably Pennard. Some lovely holes there, and it was especially tough off the blue tees. Played it late September so very surprised to see that despite a load of rain it was actually in superb condition.

The worst has to be Merthyr Tydfil. Awful golf course, loads of nothing holes, not a single sand bunker on the whole course and the greens were what you'd expect on a pitch and putt course. I wouldn't return if you paid me.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:33 pm

Yikes a bit of a memory test...here goes

Broome Manor
Wrag Barn
The Players
Broadstone
Frilford Heath (Red)
The Oxfordshire
Saunton East
Saunton West
Burnham & Berrow
Sunningdale Old
Sunningdale New
Silloth on Solway
Burford
Castle Combe
Kingsdown
Salisbury & South Wilts
Broadway
Hillside
Trevose
St Enodoc
Okehampton (Oakwood, Kigbeare, Forest & Pines)

Girvan
Troon Darley
Belleisle
Dundonald
Western Gailes
Royal Dornoch
Castle Stuart
Carnoustie Championship
Carnoustie Burnside
Ballochmyle

Cyprus
Aphrodite Hills
Elea
Secret Valley

Portugal
Salgados
The Old Course Vilamoura

I won't rub it in as I've stated elsewhere but I have a few more to add at the end of this month Wink

Highlight from a playing perspective...definitely the 69 net 61 round the Burnside in the Tassie. Also had a level par round with 5 birdies (most ever in a round) on Salgados but that was just a bounce round.
Toughest Test - Dornoch when it's fiery like it was at end April and 3 club windy, excruciatingly hard.
Scenic - Castle Stuart has awesome views, needs toughening up for the pro's though....landslides don't count!!

Last edited by JAS on Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Remembered something else)

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:53 pm

Cranleigh (Surrey) - my home course
Mannings Heath: Waterfall (West Sussex)
Pine Ridge (Surrey) - Club Match
Saunton: East (Devon) - 36 hole Open - left me with a thirst for more links golf
Saunton: West (Devon) - part of above
Royal Ashdown Forest: Old (East Sussex)
Effingham Park (West Sussex) - 18 hole charity day at a very short 9 hole course
Chartham Park (West Sussex) - Work Golf Society event
Hurtmore (Surrey) - a golf club away day at a short course
Slinfold Park (West Sussex) - Work Golf Society event
La Manga: South - lads holiday
La Manga: West - lads holiday
La Manga: North - lads holiday
Surrey Downs (Errrm, Surrey) - Work Golf Society event
Prince's: Shore/Dunes (Kent)
Rookwood (West Sussex)
Rusper (West Sussex) - Work Golf Societ event
Kendleshire: Badminton/Hollows (Bristol) - a golf club tour
Woodspring: Brunel/Severn (Bristol) - a golf club tour
St Pierre: Mathern (Gwent) - a golf club tour
Sutton Green (Surrey) - Club Match

I would never have thought I'd played 21 different courses this year.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:11 pm

Merc - what did you make of Pine Ridge? Me and the Mrs started playing there about 15 years ago and went back last week for the first time in 10 years. For something played so much I was really impressed. Some good holes - a few boring up and down ones as well - but overall very enjoyable. On reflection should have included it in my list.

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:36 pm

puligny wrote:Merc - what did you make of Pine Ridge? Me and the Mrs started playing there about 15 years ago and went back last week for the first time in 10 years. For something played so much I was really impressed. Some good holes - a few boring up and down ones as well - but overall very enjoyable. On reflection should have included it in my list.

I like it - most holes are different - and, as you say, it holds up well for all the traffic it gets.

It's always one of the club matches I put my name down for.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:39 pm

Much as I have enjoyed my golf this year it has been the most disappointing in terms of "away days". I quit the pub society I was playing in as it was getting far too expensive (my own club fees stretch me as far as I want to go with regards to money spent) and I only played one society day as a guest. I also didn't put my name down for club matches as I started the year with a niggling foot injury that I didn't want to overstretch. Add in a couple of weekends away that I normally partake in that didn't happen this year and I think I've only played a couple of "away days" (and one was Traditions in Surrey which I well documented on another thread was a cabbage patch

Regarding Pine Ridge, I've not played there for a couple of years but always enjoyed it - my overwhelming memory though is "slow" - the first 3 holes can take forever though it seems to get better after that.

Some fond memories of Pine Ridge though as I won my very first cup there (a cancer charity society day about 12 years ago). Been back a few times since then and always enjoyed it apart from those first three or four holes which are OK but just so damn SLOW

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:32 pm

Davie - I know what you mean re slow at Pine Ridge. We started playing there on Saturdays and with 4 balls going off at 6 minute intervals no surprising that you could walk through the trees to second tee and find 4 or 5 groups waiting to tee off. Still important part of our formative golf and retains very good memories and many laughs!

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by Del_Boy Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:41 am

Courses played:

West Malling - Home course (disappointed with my play on the course)
Sittingbourne - Away course (seem to play more consistently here)
Forest Pines - Weekend away (3 cracking loops of nine and took the cash)
Ashford Golf Club - Local society lovely steak and kidney pud
Thetford Golf Club - Played whilst the Mrs wa in the spa at Center Parcs (cant stand Cener Parcs)
Silves, Penina, Gramacho, Vale da Pinta - played whilst on hols
London golf Club - Works golf do
Princes - Supplier do
Archerfield (Fidra) - Supplier invite - met Beefy in the bar afterwards
Burley Golf club, New Forest GC and Brockenhurst Manor played whilst in the New Forest - something very idylic about playing with horses etc roaming across the course

Del_Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:04 am

New courses Ive played this year, not many really.
West Hove, this is my nearest course since Ive moved and will probably join at some stage. Nice and open, some lovely sea views, in good nick so not bad.
Royal Ashdown West. Not that great to be honest, could be a lovely track but I guess they focus all their attention on the old course which I havent played yet.
Hunley Hall, played this on a trip back north. Was OK, some great views but a bit hilly and the walk up the last os a bit of a killer.
Not nearly enough golf played this year sadly.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:14 am

Del_Boy wrote:Forest Pines - Weekend away (3 cracking loops of nine and took the cash)

Is that the place just outside Scunthorpe? I've stayed in the hotel there a few times, years ago when the course was first being built, but never played it. I hear it gets very good reviews

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Del_Boy Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:16 am

Davie wrote:
Del_Boy wrote:Forest Pines - Weekend away (3 cracking loops of nine and took the cash)

Is that the place just outside Scunthorpe? I've stayed in the hotel there a few times, years ago when the course was first being built, but never played it. I hear it gets very good reviews

Yep - that's the one played in early Mrach and the course was in good nick. I think I would have enjoyed the walk even if I hadn't played well. Definately worth a trip back.

Del_Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jockneyboy Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:20 am

Turnberry - Ailsa & Kintyre
Spey Valley
The Glen
PGA Catalunya
Astbury Hall
The Oxfordshire
Thorpeness

Haven't had many away days this year, been trying to get some value from my membership. The Ailsa would definitely be my pick, it was blowing a hooly on the front 9, scored 9 points! Played some nice golf on the way back, scored 20.
Astbury Hall was an experience, it's in the middle of nowhere and only a year old, the fairways were like carpet and the greens were probably the best I've ever played on.

jockneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Duddingston - home course

Fortrose & Rosemarkie - away course

Royal Musselburgh - even without any particularly high expectations this was the a big disappointment - really poor course.

Crieff (18 holer and 9 holer x2) - society outing - not bad course, 18 holer had some good holes and was generally in very good condition. Played well around the 18holer, shooting +4 which was pleasing for my first attempt - normally i'm crap on new courses, but having a Skycaddie has changed that this year. Finished with lowest gross over the 36 holes (which wasn't anything special as there were only about half a dozen cat 1s in the field), but in a tie for 1st handicap, losing out on BI6 over the 18hole course.

Dunfermline (Pitfirrane) - 18 hole open - always a pleasure, but the scene of my biggest choke of the year: 3 under at the turn (having missed two 4ft birdie putts on the front nine). a solitary birdie on the way back in with 4 pars, two bogeys and a triple on the 12th and a double on the 18th to finish +6 for the back nine, +3 overall and 4 behind the lowest gross...gutted.

Craigmillar Park - 18 hole open - not bad, some poor holes, but a relatively easy course to keep a score going - shot a respectable +4.

Alyth - 36 hole open - lovely course, always a great place to come back to.

Kilspindie - lovely course played a couple of weeks ago - hoping to get a few more games in over the winter there.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:16 pm

This gives me an idea for a sticky for 2012.

A thread is created where people add where they've played in the year. All the courses will be listed alphabetically with the names of those who have played the course beside that course. The topic originator will update the original post as and when.

It'll be a good reference point for sources of advice when looking to play other courses.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:10 pm

Mercurio wrote:This gives me an idea for a sticky for 2012.

A thread is created where people add where they've played in the year. All the courses will be listed alphabetically with the names of those who have played the course beside that course. The topic originator will update the original post as and when.

It'll be a good reference point for sources of advice when looking to play other courses.

idea I think the guy who came up with this topic deserves the sticky to be named after them.......

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:18 pm

How about we call it 'The Tarcurio GB&I&Europe&USA&ROW definitive course guide' ?? Very Happy

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:20 pm

tarka wrote:
Mercurio wrote:This gives me an idea for a sticky for 2012.

idea I think the guy who came up with this topic deserves the sticky to be named after them.......

Maybe I do, but I'm not precious about it.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:20 pm

drive4show wrote:How about we call it 'The Tarcurio GB&I&Europe&USA&ROW definitive course guide' ?? Very Happy

or Tarka's Top Tracks

everything can have a TTT rating

Last edited by tarka on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : errant apostrophe)

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:24 pm

Tarka

looking at some of the tracks you've played this year, Tarka's Top Tracks hardly applies raspberry

Wink

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:30 pm

I think it's a really good idea, but just one thread, "sticky" or not, would not work; rather geographical subdivisions would be needed, as clubs for footie are organized by division.

So there would be subdivisions by country, then by county, state, canton or province within that.

It might actually get the attention of some course owners as we have a wide variety of abilities and experience on this site.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:33 pm

drive4show wrote:Tarka

looking at some of the tracks you've played this year, Tarka's Top Tracks hardly applies raspberry

Wink

good one ha ha

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:34 pm

tarka wrote:

Wink

good one ha ha

Glad you took that in the humurous spirit that was intended, after I posted it I thought it could be taken the wrong way kiss

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:48 pm

drive4show wrote:
tarka wrote:

Wink

good one ha ha

Glad you took that in the humurous spirit that was intended, after I posted it I thought it could be taken the wrong way kiss

You are ok matey, after I stopped weeping that I had been made a fool of I realised it must have been a joke

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:50 pm

Tarka's Interesting Tracks sounds like it could work

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:57 pm

Mercurio wrote:Tarka's Interesting Tracks sounds like it could work

that trademark has been taken by Trotters ind. Traders

What abouts..

Mercurios Opinions on New Golfcourses?

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:57 pm

tarka

It was also a perfect opportunity to use my fave emoticon, something I wasn't going to miss! raspberry

That raspberry blower makes me laugh every time Laugh

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:03 pm

drive4show wrote:tarka

It was also a perfect opportunity to use my fave emoticon, something I wasn't going to miss! raspberry

That raspberry blower makes me laugh every time Laugh

I thought it was the famous Texas Tongue Tornado

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:05 pm

tarka wrote:

What abouts..

Sounds good - under what age does the course need to be to qualify as new?

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:07 pm

Mercurio wrote:
tarka wrote:

What abouts..

You can make up the rules, maybe 10 years?

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:11 pm

tarka wrote:
Mercurio wrote:
tarka wrote:

What abouts..

OK, we can put it to the Golfers Incurring Many Penalty Strokes committee for consideration.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:29 pm

Mercurio wrote:
tarka wrote:
Mercurio wrote:
tarka wrote:

What abouts..

OK, we can put it to the Golfers Incurring Many Penalty Strokes committee for consideration.

How do we know who those golfers are, they are hidden behind masks Whistle

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:14 pm

drive4show wrote:
Mercurio wrote:
tarka wrote:
Mercurio wrote:
tarka wrote:

What abouts..

How do we know who those golfers are, they are hidden behind masks Whistle

More importantly who is really going to admit being a Golfers Incurring Many Penalty Strokes committee member Whistle

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by ESMD Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:35 pm

New poster here but long time follower of the board so please be nice!

Courses this year:
Scotland:
St Andrews - Old, New, Jubilee, Castle, Eden, Strathtyrum
Kingsbarns
Fairmont St Andrews- Torrance/Kittocks
Ladybank
North Berwick
Bruntsfield
Panmure
Blairgowrie Rosemount
Royal Troon
Turnberry Ailsa
Elie
Gleneagles Queen's

England:
Beaconsfield (Home Club)
Wentworth West
Gerrard's Cross
Deal
Royal St George's
Ellesborough
The Grove
Sandy Lodge
Moor Park

Portugal:
San Lorenzo
Quinta do Lago South

Doing this made me realise how lucky I have been this year!

ESMD

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:03 pm

Welcome ESMD,
You've got some gems in there.
Isn't Beaconsfield Luke Donald's original home course? You'll have to share some Lukey stories!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:04 pm

ESMD

Welcome!

You clearly need to spent more time working like the rest of us and less time playing nice courses Wink

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by ESMD Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:14 pm

Kwini - It is indeed his original course, he recently did a little feature on it in Golf Monthly Magazine. There are a few good ones, not least one where he was a late replacement for a drop out in a scratch team match, rolled out of bed and arrived at the tee with very little time to spare before shooting something ridiculous like -6/7 and giving the opposition's top guy a good thrashing!

D4S - I am very fortunate to be a student at St Andrews Uni so I am able to play a lot of the courses around the area, although rest assured I do work (occasionally) as well!

ESMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next