The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cena

+6
wwinterj
Kay Fabe
A Fine Folk.
AberdeenSteve
TwisT
HitmanOwl
10 posters

Go down

Cena Empty Cena

Post by HitmanOwl Sun 04 Dec 2011, 1:15 pm

All he's doing until mania is filler. Hopefully he'll turn at mania so there is something to look forward to.

Cena=filler

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Cena Empty Re: Cena

Post by TwisT Sun 04 Dec 2011, 2:27 pm

Could not disagree more. The last 3 Raw's have all given indications that a heel turn is on the cards so it is much more than "fillers", it is a lead up to the reasons why he would turn heel.

From the Rock getting the cheers, and showing Cena how to do it but failing. Then we had the "This is you Life" segment, with Cena's dad getting on the fans backs. Lastly we have Piper getting in Cena's face and telling him some home truths about how the fans see him. All this has come about when the WWE has usually ignored the bad reactions Cena gets in PPV's - now they are highlighting that fact. I think that this will continue to be highlighted in the weeks to come. Cena has been a babyface for too long for a heel turn to just happen without explanation

I hope it is a slow burner until Mania. I can see the fans getting on Cena's back in Miami and siding with the Rock. Then the heel turns happens after a Rock win. People believe that Cena should go over the Rock, but I think (if a heel turn happens) it will be a greater enhancement of Cena's career if the Rock wins and then Cena turns.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 04 Dec 2011, 2:52 pm

John Cena has been the most interesting he has ever been in the last few weeks. His character has enhanced massively since the WWE decided to play with the heat he is receiving from the majority of crowds he has been performing in front of.

If Cena was just filler, then why we would be receiving all the time he has been given? Why would the WWE go to such lengths to have Piper on the show and talk to Cena like he did?

This 'filler' is needed to develop the feud with The Rock. Just because Dwayne isn't on TV every week trash talking Cena, it doesn't mean their feud has to be pushed to the back. Instead, they are using this Rock free time to develop the feud but at the same time developing Cena's character.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Sun 04 Dec 2011, 3:35 pm

HitmanOwl = don't know what he's talking about

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Sun 04 Dec 2011, 4:40 pm

Haha alright.

Cena won't have anything to do up until mania simple as that.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 04 Dec 2011, 6:28 pm

clueless

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Sun 04 Dec 2011, 6:40 pm

Now that it seems we have established that these are not fillers but storyline enhancements, does anyone feel that WWE have done the correct thing but too early?

I would have booked all this to happen just before the Royal Rumble. Get Cena eliminated by a huge fan favourite (Rey) or a nobody (Slater) to turn the boos into jeers which would be seen as getting Cena's back up. More jeers follow, maybe a loss against Ryder and get the Rock out there taunting and fuelling the jeers. Which would lead to the heel turn at Mania.

By jumping the gun and doing it now, it is either the slowest of slow burn turns or (which I think would be a major missed chance) Cena will turn heel before Mania, making it a traditional heel v face title match.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by wwinterj Sun 04 Dec 2011, 6:59 pm

funny ive been saying cena should turn heel but nearly everyone on here was saying "he'll never turn cuz he sells too much merch"

why the refusal to do so when any other wrestler who got booed would have turned years ago?

fickle people on here i tell thee!

so what storyline will he be in upto mania? a feud witht the fans? lol

when he turns heel evryone will cheer him and say

"about blooming time"

wwinterj
wwinterj

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Mon 05 Dec 2011, 10:01 am

We can speculate about a cena heel turn until the cows come home however I'm still not convinced that it will happen in the near future. That being said cena is starting to show some interesting sides to his character and IMO hasn't been more relevant or interesting since he won his first world title on smackdown. I would love to see the expectation of the younger fans and disapproval of the older fans really start to visibly effect cena until he can't take it any more and turns on the wwe universe

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Mon 05 Dec 2011, 10:15 am

I thing I worry about is if the WWE get to more Cena friendly arenas for a few weeks, they will bottle the progress they are starting to make with Cena's character.

The last couple of months have been in some hardcore Wrestling towns. And while the Chicago Crowd really started things going into over drive this year, the crowd on monday just gone weren't quite the right crowd for the Piper's Pit segment. With Vince's seemingly reactionary booking style as of late, there is a danger Cena will simply reset to his douchey best.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 05 Dec 2011, 10:46 am

If you honestly think that what they're doing with Cena right now is filler then you have no idea what you're taking about.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue 06 Dec 2011, 3:41 pm

Hitman owl?

You moan when they keep pushing Cena into the title picture for no valid reason, and now you moan when he's being kept away from the title picture. You my friend need to make up your mind.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 06 Dec 2011, 9:55 pm

As long as Rock v Cena isn't for a title then he can be in the picture all he wants. Just keep the belt on Punk

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down