The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just How Good Is Rafael Nadal?

+20
paulscholes
Manojchandra
erictheblueuk
barrystar
Positively 4th Street
noleisthebest
Eskay
mthierry
sirfredperry
Fedex_the_best
invisiblecoolers
break_in_the_fifth
Tenez
gallery play
lydian
Jeremy_Kyle
Calder106
Mad for Chelsea
laverfan
hawkeye
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

How do you rate Nadal

Just How Good Is Rafael Nadal? - Page 3 Vote_lcap40%Just How Good Is Rafael Nadal? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 17 ]
Just How Good Is Rafael Nadal? - Page 3 Vote_lcap38%Just How Good Is Rafael Nadal? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 16 ]
Just How Good Is Rafael Nadal? - Page 3 Vote_lcap21%Just How Good Is Rafael Nadal? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 42

Just How Good Is Rafael Nadal? - Page 3 Empty Just How Good Is Rafael Nadal?

Post by hawkeye Sun 4 Dec 2011 - 19:03

First topic message reminder :

Personally I think he's very good indeed. I'm curious to know how he is regarded here on 606v2. I know that certain posters don't rate him that highly... but they could be the vocal minority. The overall consensus may be very different.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Just How Good Is Rafael Nadal? - Page 3 Empty Re: Just How Good Is Rafael Nadal?

Post by lydian Tue 6 Dec 2011 - 19:20

Yes his game has changed an awful lot and the raw talent to do that had to be there in the first place. Its highly likely that had he played SW19 in 2009 he'd have been in 5 straight finals by now...thats not bad going!
Yes Federer is adopting the Annacone model of more attacking tennis, more focus on the serve, and keeping points as short as possible. Whether that approach can work in 2012 is open to debate. I think his best slam chance is still the Australian as I dont believe he'll sustain this peak he's now currently on.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Just How Good Is Rafael Nadal? - Page 3 Empty Re: Just How Good Is Rafael Nadal?

Post by eraldeen Tue 6 Dec 2011 - 23:57

I believe he needs to win another slam outside clay to join the tier 1. He would have 11 slams like Laver and Borg and half would be on clay and the other half outside of clay. More balanced.

eraldeen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3