The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Year ends with proper tennis tournament

3 posters

Go down

Year ends with proper tennis tournament Empty Year ends with proper tennis tournament

Post by Simple_Analyst Sun 04 Dec 2011, 11:24 pm

Like many others, i was thrilled to watch competitive tennis this weekend and followed closely as players who loved their country battled it out for the Davis Cup. Far from the pointless WTF exhibition tournament where recent perenial underachievers like Federer show up to do his impression of " look i'm playing well, make me favourite for AO". Still can't seem to get my head around the point of the WTF to be honest. What the tournament is for etc. May be they could modify it a bit to make it any relevant than it is. Make it World Championship played at the end of every year where 8 countries qualify for and replace the DC with it because it's obvious now players like Nadal and Djokovic will rather be fresh for the Davis Cup than run in front of celebraties in London.

Getting back to the DC, i felt it was a great spectacle almost as good as last years with passion, drive and determination all round from the players. The DC for me has grown over the years and it's becoming a fixture i look forward to. Congratulations to Spain for winning. Nadal needed a good end of season result and winning the DC was the only way to do so. I have to praise Del Potro and Argentina too. After Monaco's mauling at the hands of Nadal and Ferrer's win over Del Potro, i thought they were down and out but they fought back brilliantly and Del Potro played great today.

I was just glad to watch proper tennis this weekend and since it seems the DC is more important the WTF, something has to be done about the scheduling. Merge them or scrap one. If not, push the WTF to after AO and change the format.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Year ends with proper tennis tournament Empty Re: Year ends with proper tennis tournament

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sun 04 Dec 2011, 11:31 pm

So glad that everyone's happy with the tennis they've seen this past month.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Year ends with proper tennis tournament Empty Re: Year ends with proper tennis tournament

Post by Manojchandra Mon 05 Dec 2011, 12:00 am

I am glad you enjoyed the DC. I too hope to watch it next year. Glad to see you. Just reminds me of good old 606 days. Best wishes from a RF fan.

Manojchandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down