The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benn v Mclellan reversed

+18
milkyboy
SuperCert
PJHolybloke
Steffan
Seanusarrilius
Super D Boon
sodhat
lovely_london
oxring
Valero's Conscience
Imperial Ghosty
Scottrf
88Chris05
Fists of Fury
TopHat24/7
AlexHuckerby
azania
No1Jonesy
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Benn v Mclellan reversed Empty Benn v Mclellan reversed

Post by No1Jonesy Wed 07 Dec 2011, 10:01 am

Hi all

So with the whole Benn - Mclellan saga being re surfaced recently and the documentary the other night it got me thinking more about the person Mclellan was and who he would have become if the outcome of that fight was reversed.

Mclellan was painted by Steward as the most violent man he had trained (words may differ) and the general consensus was he was a nasty piece of work. I believe it when it was said that he went to the fight with Benn with every intention to kill him in there and that he took that attitude with him to every fight.

Now afterwards upon knowing Mclellan was in hospital Benn said 'rather him than me' and to an extent I can relate to him there as I believe Benn only took the mind to win into that fight and nothing else. Mclellans sister had also previously stated she wished Benn dies and questioned how he could sleep at night knowing what he did to which we found out - not very well. There was a lot of emotion when he met Mclellan and it's never nice seeing a warrior cry, a clear indication of remorse.

Had the roles been reveresed I do not believe Mclellan would have been as impacted as Benn and tbh I think he would have gloated (maybe not in public but deffinately to his peers) over what he accomplished. From dog fighting to running over birds to punching his trainers teeth out "just because thats the type of person he was" just goes to show he was an emotionless human being with a thirst for violence. Just how would his sister react to Mclellan if Benn had become brain damged? sat on her dis-illusioned perch thats where!

Not one of us want to see injuries to the extent that Mclellan has endured, but out of the 2 in this particular fight he has recieved more charity then should the injury be the other way round.

My point of this article is that Benn has no cause to feel responsible for what happened - in my eyes he was fighting for his life against a nasty SOB and since has done more for his opponent then what he would have recieved.

"Rather him then me" - well for me too

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Benn v Mclellan reversed Empty Re: Benn v Mclellan reversed

Post by azania Wed 07 Dec 2011, 10:07 am

Steward said Gman was the most viscious fighter he had ever trained. He meant both inside and outside the ring.

Gman is no killer. He had a winning at all cost mindset. If he had inflicted serious harm on Benn I believe he would have been remorseful. Many of the baddest men are often the nmost insecure and deep down very sensitive. It probably would have affected him badly.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 07 Dec 2011, 10:08 am

Maybe I mean we'll never know, humans sometimes suprise you in there reactions to certain things. I don't think he's the worst human being on earth and I'm rather confident the man had emotions. Would he have been hit as hard as Benn was emotionally however, maybe not.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 07 Dec 2011, 10:28 am

azania wrote:Steward said Gman was the most viscious fighter he had ever trained. He meant both inside and outside the ring.

Gman is no human killer. He had a winning at all cost mindset. If he had inflicted serious harm on Benn I believe he would have been remorseful. Many of the baddest men are often the nmost insecure and deep down very sensitive. It probably would have affected him badly.

Corrected for you. He was quite happy to tape a labrador's mouth shut and allow his pitbulls to maul it to death. I'm with Jonesy on this one, I think he was a genuinely nasty piece of work and a thoroughly unpleasant person, seeing him in the state he's in now does not change my opinion of what he was like pre-Benn.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 07 Dec 2011, 10:37 am

That doesn't make him a remorseless character. If that were the case you may as well characterise all those who enjoy setting dogs to rip a fex to shreds in the same manner.

Killing a dog and inflicting permanent injury on another person in the ring is an entirely different proposition altogether.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 07 Dec 2011, 10:39 am

Personally I despise fox hunters, Az, so that is how I view them!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 07 Dec 2011, 10:42 am

Correction Fist. I hate fox hunting and all other forms of killing animals for pleasure. But I do not hate the hunters.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 07 Dec 2011, 10:52 am

Have met a fair few people who think that McClellan got exactly what he deserved in the Benn fight. Personally, I wouldn't go that far, but I'll admit that I feel a hell of a lot less sympathy for him than I do for other boxers who have fallen to similar injuries.

A vile human being, by most accounts. No doubt a lot of people today would want to bang the 'he was a loving family man, always looked out for his siblings, never disrespected his mother etc' drum for him (call me daft, but isn't that just a natural / expected human train anyway!?), but to me it's clear he had a truly sadistic side. Whether it's his love of watching dogs die a brutal and bloody death, or taking his pre-fight trash talk way too far (promising to knock someone out or send them through the ropes in to the ringside seats is one thing, promising to make orphans of their children quite another), he just seems a truly nasty piece of work.

Despite this, I still think he'd have at least a shred of decency inside him, so I wouldn't go so far as to say he'd have felt no pain or anguish if it had been Benn fighting for his life and subsequently living with such injuries. But I do imagine he'd have slept easier than Benn has done.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 07 Dec 2011, 11:02 am

I doubted he baked apple pies for his mum. We saw Benn crying. But prior to his Damascus conversion was a very nasty piece of work. I could tell you first hand accounts of some of the things he has done and I'm certain you would prefer Gman more as a human being than Benn.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 07 Dec 2011, 11:07 am

azania wrote:I doubted he baked apple pies for his mum. We saw Benn crying. But prior to his Damascus conversion was a very nasty piece of work. I could tell you first hand accounts of some of the things he has done and I'm certain you would prefer Gman more as a human being than Benn.
Tell it or don't mention it.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 07 Dec 2011, 11:10 am

Libellous.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 07 Dec 2011, 11:12 am

azania wrote:Correction Fist. I hate fox hunting and all other forms of killing animals for pleasure. But I do not hate the hunters.

Surely they are the cause though, Az?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Wed 07 Dec 2011, 11:19 am

88Chris05 wrote:Have met a fair few people who think that McClellan got exactly what he deserved in the Benn fight. Personally, I wouldn't go that far, but I'll admit that I feel a hell of a lot less sympathy for him than I do for other boxers who have fallen to similar injuries.

A vile human being, by most accounts. No doubt a lot of people today would want to bang the 'he was a loving family man, always looked out for his siblings, never disrespected his mother etc' drum for him (call me daft, but isn't that just a natural / expected human train anyway!?), but to me it's clear he had a truly sadistic side. Whether it's his love of watching dogs die a brutal and bloody death, or taking his pre-fight trash talk way too far (promising to knock someone out or send them through the ropes in to the ringside seats is one thing, promising to make orphans of their children quite another), he just seems a truly nasty piece of work.

Despite this, I still think he'd have at least a shred of decency inside him, so I wouldn't go so far as to say he'd have felt no pain or anguish if it had been Benn fighting for his life and subsequently living with such injuries. But I do imagine he'd have slept easier than Benn has done.

I agree with this greatly put summary. I wouldnt go as far as saying he got what he deserves either no one other then criminals for specific crimes deserves it

In regards to the fox hunting bit - the hunters dont go round tying the fox up for the dog to attack so it has some form of chance. I do hate fox hunting though and it should be stopped altogether!

Azania this isn't a Mclellan bashing thread as he was a supremem athlete, I am just stating upon evidence if I knew before this fight that one perosn was going to be injured... analysed with everything I know about both fighters I would rather it had been Mclellan than Benn. Fell free to include any evidence of Benn's bad nature to help me make a more informed rationale that I may not already know.

But it was Benn who got depressed, it was Benn who almost committed suicide, it was Benn crying over that fight, the effests clearly showed in his fights after mclellan, and it was Benn fundraising. I just cannot see Mclellan showing the same remorse and charity from the evidence of the person he was and the things he did.

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 07 Dec 2011, 11:30 am

I do find this a very hard subject to talk about as McLellan came across as such a revolting human being, have always thought more about how Benn was left to feel in the aftermath.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 07 Dec 2011, 11:32 am

Mods, can Mclellan be put into the swear filter and replaced with McClellan please.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Wed 07 Dec 2011, 11:34 am

Scottrf wrote:Mods, can Mclellan be put into the swear filter and replaced with McClellan please.

Does it actually matter??

To be pedantic though Scottrf, your sentence should end with a question mark.

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 07 Dec 2011, 11:36 am

G-man was nasty person who deserved a good beating but I wouldn't ever say he deserved what he got i.e. lifetime of torture.

Saying that as others have said I care far less for him than others i.e. Watson and if I could choose any of past injured/killed boxers to save them from their fate, he'd be my last pick!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 07 Dec 2011, 11:39 am

No1Jonesy wrote:
Scottrf wrote:Mods, can Mclellan be put into the swear filter and replaced with McClellan please.

I'll borrow the extra one you used.

I don't like to use a question mark in that instance as it was a request merely masquerading as a question. I think it gives a better indication of your intentions.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 07 Dec 2011, 11:42 am

Fists of Fury wrote:
azania wrote:Correction Fist. I hate fox hunting and all other forms of killing animals for pleasure. But I do not hate the hunters.

Yeh, how can you hate fox hunting but not fox hunters??! If there were no fox hunters there'd be no fox hunting - there is no 'vice-versa' to that!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 07 Dec 2011, 11:43 am

azania wrote:Libellous.

Not if it's the truth (and presumably therefore, provable).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 07 Dec 2011, 11:46 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Woman beater and worse.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 07 Dec 2011, 11:50 am

I'll stick to proven facts for the time being.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Wed 07 Dec 2011, 11:51 am

Scottrf wrote:
No1Jonesy wrote:

I'll borrow the extra one you used.

I don't like to use a question mark in that instance as it was a request merely masquerading as a question. I think it gives a better indication of your intentions.

I did mine for effect though Scottrf, the difference is I don't go round trying to be some kind of punctuality police.

However If It Suits You Better. I Can Write Like This All. The Time To Give You Alot More To Look For. In Both Grammer AND Punctuality Smile

Whatever You Think Does Not Matter Because That Sentence Ends In A Question Mark Due To It Being a Question For Somebody To Reply To. You Cannot Have It Both.... Ways Hug

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 07 Dec 2011, 11:55 am

You were the first to pick up on punctuality so it's a bit rich to call me punctuality police. Mine was intentional and plenty of authors break 'rules'. Spelling a boxers name was different and it wasn't even solely directed at you, it's the most misspelled name in boxing.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed 07 Dec 2011, 11:56 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:I'll stick to proven facts for the time being.

Agreed. We know McClellan was an animal. Its sad to see what has befallen him, all the same. Even a wicked man can be worthy of pity.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by lovely_london Wed 07 Dec 2011, 11:57 am

I think it is very harsh to not feel sorry for mcellan for what he did or said in his teens/early 20's.

The guys life was brutally ended in his early 20's and he is now blind and partially deaf and can't walk. I felt really sad looking at gerald in that documentry and I can't for the life of me understand why you would create an article to bash him. It is very distasteful indeed.

lovely_london

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed 07 Dec 2011, 11:57 am

Scottrf wrote:You were the first to pick up on punctuality so it's a bit rich to call me punctuality police. Mine was intentional and plenty of authors break 'rules'. Spelling a boxers name was different and it wasn't even solely directed at you, it's the most misspelled name in boxing.

More than Wonjongkam? (full name, obviously)
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 07 Dec 2011, 11:58 am

mad

Yes oxy, see above.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Wed 07 Dec 2011, 11:59 am

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Woman beater and worse.

I have also heard this. I am set against woman beating and do not justify it.... well unless some butch female was trying to beat down on you and well if she wants to give it then she can sure has hell take it......

There are many boxers that have done this and worse to women though e.g. Tyson, Spencer Oliver, Valero to name a few but I would not wish brain damage on them escept in certain circumstances - Valero for instance

I've not heard any stories of McClellan (Scottrf) doing this but I wouldnt put it past him

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed 07 Dec 2011, 12:01 pm

Lols. I don't know how to work the swear filter - if I could I would definitely correct the spelling of some boxers names. G-man among them.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 07 Dec 2011, 12:06 pm

There's as much evidence of Benn's 'issues' as there is about Gman dog fighting adventures. Words of others. Nothing proven in a court of law.

Maybe you should make a call to Newham's social services department and also Bromley's social services departments. I'll stop there.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 07 Dec 2011, 12:07 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:

Yeh, how can you hate fox hunting but not fox hunters??! If there were no fox hunters there'd be no fox hunting - there is no 'vice-versa' to that!

It was legal (or is it still legal). I dont dislike people who carry out legal activities. I simply abhore all forms of hunting.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 07 Dec 2011, 12:10 pm

Either way i'd have preferred it not to happen to Nigel Benn who is a far nicer person (shock horror, you're not alone in having ties to him) than McClellan.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 07 Dec 2011, 12:16 pm

How do you know that he's a nicer person than Gman? Do you know Gman? Personally I dont know Benn. But I can paint a picture of him from first hand acounts of things he has done (allegedly) that will make what Gman is alledged to have done appear child's play.

But I wouldn't want what happened to Gman to happen to anyone whether they are nice blokes or not.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 07 Dec 2011, 12:18 pm

I stick to what I know not the heresay of an internet buffoon, I have a couple of relatives who fought with Benn in the troubles and kept in touch so will take there word over yours.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Wed 07 Dec 2011, 12:27 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:I stick to what I know not the heresay of an internet buffoon, I have a couple of relatives who fought with Benn in the troubles and kept in touch so will take there word over yours.

I forgot about Benn's army stint. This also shows great courage and bravery and the fact he was willing to put his life on the line for his country - it could've been NI or Iraq he would've had people relying on him with their lives and something tells me from the courage he showed in fighting he wouldn't have let them down.

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 07 Dec 2011, 12:27 pm

You got some serious anger management issues son. You remind me of that old woman from the Catherine tate show.

Did those guys call social services on Mr Benn at any stage?

Make no mistake, Benn is a changed character now. Totally reformed. But did those squaddies go to the orgies which the married Benn went to (all documented and said by Benn in his auto-biography).

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed 07 Dec 2011, 12:30 pm

Orgy when married. So Adultery.
v
Taping a labrador's mouth shut and timing your pitbull tearing it apart.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 07 Dec 2011, 12:31 pm

I have gone on animal rights marches in the past so find what McClellan did utterly disgraceful, it's harsh but I find it difficult to have any sympathy for him but I would have done for Benn.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 07 Dec 2011, 12:31 pm

Scottrf wrote:You were the first to pick up on punctuality so it's a bit rich to call me punctuality police. Mine was intentional and plenty of authors break 'rules'. Spelling a boxers name was different and it wasn't even solely directed at you, it's the most misspelled name in boxing.

Time to be pedantic.

I believe the term you are both looking for is 'punctuation police'. Feel free to use that to describe me, henceforth.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 07 Dec 2011, 12:33 pm

sodhat wrote:

Time to be pedantic.

I believe the term you are both looking for is 'punctuation police'. Feel free to use that to describe me, henceforth.
Take a look where it was used first, might give you a clue.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 07 Dec 2011, 12:40 pm

It's strange with McClellan because in a way he was an accident waiting to happen. Clearly, an evil sadistic b****** before the injury, a very vicious man who had a murderous killer instinct. But I think he had too much of a killer instinct and that was his undoing.

He believed so much in his own aggesion and violence that he never thought any of his fights needed to go more than a couple of rounds. I watched the fight again recently and it's as if McCellan lost all heart when Benn came back with thundering left hooks after that horrible first round. McClellan just kept taking blow after blow from that point onwards and looked like a dejected big bully. He had no plan B and was badly shown up. I tend to think if he was a better boxer with more measured aggression he might have survived that fight and boxed on from that and been healthy today. I tend to think McClellan was partly undone by his own violence and murderous temprement.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 07 Dec 2011, 12:49 pm

azania wrote:

There's as much evidence of Benn's 'issues' as there is about Gman dog fighting adventures. Words of others. Nothing proven in a court of law.

Maybe you should make a call to Newham's social services department and also Bromley's social services departments. I'll stop there.

Rubbish, he and his family have admitted it, his sister even did so on the other night's documentary for Lord's sake!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 07 Dec 2011, 12:53 pm

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:

It was legal (or is it still legal). I dont dislike people who carry out legal activities. I simply abhore all forms of hunting.

So your opinion on fox hunting changed over night when Labour made it illegal?? Pack of dogs under the direction of toffs on horseback rips a fox to shreads pre-ban, fine, post-pan, deplorable. You're making absolutely no sense on this subject.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed 07 Dec 2011, 12:55 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:

So your opinion on fox hunting changed over night when Labour made it illegal?? Pack of dogs under the direction of toffs on horseback rips a fox to shreads pre-ban, fine, post-pan, deplorable. You're making absolutely no sense on this and almost any other subject.

Much better, thankyou Wink
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 07 Dec 2011, 12:58 pm

azania wrote:How do you know that he's a nicer person than Gman? Do you know Gman? Personally I dont know Benn. But I can paint a picture of him from first hand acounts of things he has done (allegedly) that will make what Gman is alledged to have done appear child's play.

But I wouldn't want what happened to Gman to happen to anyone whether they are nice blokes or not.

Then how can you say:

I could tell you first hand accounts of some of the things he has done
??

By definition they can't be 'first hand accounts' therefore, but second hand ones and therefore essentially heresay.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 07 Dec 2011, 1:02 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:How do you know that he's a nicer person than Gman? Do you know Gman? Personally I dont know Benn. But I can paint a picture of him from first hand acounts of things he has done (allegedly) that will make what Gman is alledged to have done appear child's play.

Then how can you say:

I could tell you first hand accounts of some of the things he has done
??

By definition they can't be 'first hand accounts' therefore, but second hand ones and therefore essentially heresay.

Define it how you want. People very close to Benn household. Things I woul dlike to say but cannot due to its libellous nature. So I'll stop there and leave it to you guys to jump up and down portraying a wife beater and worse as a hero. Personally I'd rather kill and rip apart a dog that hurt my kids. I'll leave it there.

Mods feel free to delete this post if it crossed the line.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 07 Dec 2011, 1:04 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:

So your opinion on fox hunting changed over night when Labour made it illegal?? Pack of dogs under the direction of toffs on horseback rips a fox to shreads pre-ban, fine, post-pan, deplorable. You're making absolutely no sense on this subject.

What part of "I abhore all forms of hunting" do you fing difficult to understand? I cant stand cricket but I dont dislike cricketers.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 07 Dec 2011, 1:04 pm

oxring wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:

So your opinion on fox hunting changed over night when Labour made it illegal?? Pack of dogs under the direction of toffs on horseback rips a fox to shreads pre-ban, fine, post-pan, deplorable. You're making absolutely no sense on this and almost any other subject.

Much better, thankyou Wink

Ha. You cant help yourself can you?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 07 Dec 2011, 1:10 pm

Shown up yet again.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content