The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BOXNATION

5 posters

Go down

BOXNATION Empty BOXNATION

Post by d260005p Thu 08 Dec 2011, 1:29 pm

Good afternoon Fight Fans.

Just a quick topic to discuss your thoughts on the newly brought in TV Channel "Boxnation".

Now i actually downgraded my sports package by £10 in order to get the Boxnation ultimately free i suppose.

I watched the fights over the weekend, and was impressed. Having Steve Bunce as the host is hilarious.

However, having just checked the schedule for the next couple of months, there is nothing lined up that screams £10 at all.

Is Boxnation really worth it? It started with some great fights before subscription, but now it seems dull?

Thoughts?

d260005p

Back to top Go down

BOXNATION Empty Re: BOXNATION

Post by Scottrf Thu 08 Dec 2011, 1:33 pm

It will pick up. It's quiet now outside of the fights that Sky have.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Thu 08 Dec 2011, 1:35 pm

See, i thought so. But just wanted make sure. Sky have picked up some decent fights for a change over the past week and the coming few weeks. Hope Boxnation does not turn out to be a poor mans Setanta.

Incidentally, whats going on with Primetime? Not heard much from them these days.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 08 Dec 2011, 1:36 pm

They are playing with their voodoo dolls of Frank Warren and Adam Smith.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Thu 08 Dec 2011, 1:39 pm

haha. Fair enough. I mean they started out quite good, apart from the odd telecommunications failure! Im keeping my fingers crossed for Boxnation though. Hopefully the £10 fee will be justified in the coming months! Cheers for your input Scott.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 08 Dec 2011, 1:48 pm

I disagree Scott, the domestic fights they have aren't really of the standard in which you would be expected to stay in every weekend to watch them.

The only decent card they have shown so far which got the heart racing is the one last weekend.

I don't think Warren has a strong enough stable for a start. Cleverly, DeGale and Groves being the only half decent fighters you could warrent being charged to watch and that shows you how bad that statement sounds because 2 of those fighters I've named are technically novices.

Warren's showing poor action from Germany etc and the Hopkins debacle which just isn't good enough.

A channel of this nature needs stars and unfortunately for Frank, Sky will always have the lure for the present and future stars. Primetime being an exception with the Manny vs Marquez fight. But even so I can't see Mannys last fights being on Primetime again any time soon.

So in short, Boxnation to me is more of a "watch how they progress" channel rather than a Major Fight channel. And I know Sky do the same, but their fighters have more chances in their careers due to Sky plugging them and also their production is easy on the eye.

Boxnation seems really dull and cheap. For example:

The cringeworthy fake applause on the Steve Bunce show & the pundits wearing those massive headphones.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 08 Dec 2011, 1:54 pm

What did I say that you disagreed with there?

You said you disagreed and then talked about something unrelated to my posts.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 08 Dec 2011, 1:59 pm

Scottrf wrote:It will pick up. It's quiet now outside of the fights that Sky have.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that Doh
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 08 Dec 2011, 2:02 pm

You don't think so? I reckon they will get a fair amount of the mid level US cards, Berto, Pascal etc type guys. There just isn't much in the boxing calendar atm. He has Mitchell/Murray as well as the guys you mentioned.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 08 Dec 2011, 2:11 pm

I know, but the main point being, the majority of boxing nuts that I know stay up to watch important fights.

I think a lot of people can be sucked into believing that these US cards are a godsend because they are on a UK channel when we have always been able to get them online anyway, but yet chose to go to bed and download the fight the following day because it wasnt worth being so tired the next day.

And I didn't mention Murray because he is going to get hurt badly one of these days and Mitchell is going to be staying at home to fight due to his activities outside of the sport and those mega fights aren't going to happen in the UK due to $$$.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 08 Dec 2011, 2:22 pm

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2011/12/boxnation-to-announce-six-fight-new.html

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Dec 2011, 3:14 pm

I imagine it's been set up now...because they expect our darling Wives to get their Boxing-loving hubby's this subscription for christmas..

best to judge whether it will succeed or not in January.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 08 Dec 2011, 3:38 pm

haha, what is that link supposed to be!?

If they knew what the 6 fights were then they would just announce them, if they haven't been finalised then why put yourself in the position where you could look bad by not having the fights to show?

More cheap advertising.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 08 Dec 2011, 3:56 pm

So what? Cheap advertising the company has to get by somehow and do it's best to succeed. To take the mick out of them all you will though for it.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Dec 2011, 3:58 pm

He's allowed to have his opinion...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down