The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 Prediction Game From 606 - Result

3 posters

Go down

2011 Prediction Game From 606 - Result Empty 2011 Prediction Game From 606 - Result

Post by Henman Bill Fri 9 Dec - 21:43

This was started on 606 shortly before they suddenly announced the closure, there are a few players here that may have entered. Hm checking the members list I can only see Eric The Blue, Invisible Coolers and Carrieg4. Maybe a few others with different names or someone I just missed? Sorry everyone else for bothering you. I wouldn't have bothered with the game if I had known what was going to happen, but once I'd gone ahead it seems a shame to never post a result anywhere.

You can also post some comment about whether you would like to see a version of this game for 2012. It is a prediction game where you predict the winner of the slams and some other things, I will post the rules at the bottom.

I want to post a link to the original thread but as a new member I am not allowed to post links however I will tell you that if you construct a web address with bbc then co then uk then a forward slash then dna then a forward slash then A78817396 you may be able to dig up the article if you really want.

1st flyin_spark 12 points
2nd erictheblueuk 10 points
3rd xela28 9 points
3rd pineauhund 9 points
5th Chris 8 points
6th tennis247 8 points
7th Glacier_thief 7 points
8th yummymummy1 7 points
9th deuxhirondelles 7 points
10th Elena_Sparta 7 points
11th THIS IS THE NEWS 6 points
12th adrenilenepotato 6 points
13th StoneyIsle 6 points
14th Henman Bill 6 points
15th carrieg4 6 points
16th Nadal fan 6 points
17th BOO 6 points
18th BadExcuse 5 points
18th Sapphire 5 points
20th philtennis 5 points
21st whassan_93 5 points
22nd akatennistom 5 points
23rd invisibleCoolers 3 points
24th AgnethaFältskogIsTheGirlWithTheGoldenHair 0 points

Well done Flyin Spark, (who I imagine is not on MTL and will probably never see this article).

If anyone wants to see what their predictions were and how they got their points, let me know.

There were very few people tipping Djokovic to have a good year. Of 25 pickers, he was picked once for AO (pineauhund), not at all for Wimbledon, twice for the US Open, once for the year end no 1 (Tennis 247) and only once as King of the Masters (Tennis 247). Tennis 247 was the only one to back Djokovic to have a very strong year, but picked him to win FO and WTF and not OZ, US or Wimbledon, and so did not win the competition. Had anyone picked Djokovic for everything in 2011, they would have won, but no-one did. Just as in 2010, has someone just blanket picked Nadal for everything that would have won but no-one did that either. Glacier Thief tried picking Nadal for everything in 2011 and finished 7th.

No-one picked the winner of all 4 slams, or even 3, and only Flyin Spark, Xela and Pineahund got 2.

Competition rules: You predict the winner of each slam, the world tour finals and year end number 1, 3 points for correct, 1 for runner up. You predict a king of the masters who gets 1 point for each masters 1000 they get.

I have already posted this article on one other forum; if anyone can think of any other forums that contain lots of people from the list who aren't on here let me know, infact better still just go on there and post a link to this.

Last edited by Henman Bill on Sun 11 Dec - 2:50; edited 1 time in total

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

2011 Prediction Game From 606 - Result Empty Re: 2011 Prediction Game From 606 - Result

Post by noleisthebest Fri 9 Dec - 22:21

I remember about a third of the names from that list. Whoa re all these other people, they never said a BOO?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

2011 Prediction Game From 606 - Result Empty Re: 2011 Prediction Game From 606 - Result

Post by prostaff85 Sat 10 Dec - 11:22

noleisthebest wrote:I remember about a third of the names from that list. Whoa re all these other people, they never said a BOO?

Maybe people created some aliases to boost their chances of winning the competition!
prostaff85
prostaff85

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat 10 Dec - 14:40

prostaff85 wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:I remember about a third of the names from that list. Whoa re all these other people, they never said a BOO?

Maybe people created some aliases to boost their chances of winning the competition!

That would be depressing ...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down