The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Instant change of opinion of fighters

3 posters

Go down

Instant change of opinion of fighters Empty Instant change of opinion of fighters

Post by OasisBFC Sun 11 Dec 2011, 11:52 am

unfortunately its the worst part of the forum for me, apart from the pointless bickering and the general consensus that people who speak with a northern accent sound thick or irritating… And people correcting grammar. It’s an internet forum for fudge sake.

My point is – ive noticed a trend on here, maybe it’s a trend for boxing fans in general but as soon as a fighter loses they are instantly deemed rubbish – this is despite prior to the loss the very same people are singing their praises.

It happened to Haye. He was called a coward for ducking Wladimir or Vitali. Then he signs the fight and most people on here gave him a good chance. Many saying he’s the only person who can beat them. His speed and knock out power were praised, as was Adam Booth after Groves’ win against Degale.

After the loss, I’ve read people calling him one of the worst heavyweight champions ever. Suddenly he’s a joke. Being 3rd to the brothers is no shame, he’d knock any of the others out.

I don’t need to remind anyone how much Manny was talked up on here and the old 606 to be an unbeatable machine. The Mayweather fight was a genuine 50/50 previous to Marquez. After Marquez, he’s shot, vunerable and very beatable, even though Marquez is a p4p great.

And now Khan. If you read that run though topic people were posting how good the fight was, he was clearly winning and whatever the result both fighters should be praised for the dust up they were having. He loses and now Khan has apparently been found out as a no-hoper.

It happened to Hatton too.

The fickleness of many people on here is laughable.

That said, merry Christmas everyone.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Instant change of opinion of fighters Empty Re: Instant change of opinion of fighters

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 11 Dec 2011, 11:59 am

These fighters where exposed and the hype died off. When people thought the floyd-manny fight was 50/50 manny was knocking out miguel cotto and mayweather was on the coach. Now, manny is not shot, but he is past his prime. If you actually watched BOTH marquez and mosley fights his feet weren't moving anywhere close to they were a few years ago. He is vunerable and beatable because he was beaten by morales and should have lost at least once to marquez.

Haye embarressed himself, made lots of enemies up to the fight and choked in his step up in class. It was a joke to say he was great heavyweight in the first place. He had to earn it and failed.

Khan isn't being called a no-hoper, many people on the forums think he will win the rematch. He can be exposed on the insde thpugh, on the outside he is almost unbeatable but his insdie game in non existant and maidana and peterson have been able to exploit that, peterson more-so. The way he reacted after the fight hasn't done him any favours either

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Instant change of opinion of fighters Empty Re: Instant change of opinion of fighters

Post by manos de piedra Sun 11 Dec 2011, 12:06 pm

I havent read many comments writing off Khan as a no hoper. The vast majority have just picked up on the idea hes lacking in certain areas, which I would have to agree with.

I think its natural to change your opinion on fighters after each fight. Thats largely all you have to go on. With Khan and Haye their respective losing performances definately answered questions about them as well as raising others. Many people were saying Haye would KO Wlad, Khan would beat Bradley comfortably etc. Obviously its normal for this view to change somewhat on the back of their latest performances.

Some criticism may be over the top but most of what I have read so far has been reasonably balanced I have to say.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down