The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chelsea/Manchester City - Is It Over For Chelsea If They Lose?

+3
The Special Juan
Kay Fabe
AlexHuckerby
7 posters

Go down

Chelsea/Manchester City - Is It Over For Chelsea If They Lose? Empty Chelsea/Manchester City - Is It Over For Chelsea If They Lose?

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 12 Dec 2011, 11:26 am

Let's be frank Chelsea haven't had the greatest of starts under AVB and now they face an unbeaten team so far this season in the premier league in Manchester City. City will most probably start the favourites for the first time against Chelsea for years, so it is a good chance Chelsea will lose.

If Chelsea do lose, do you think that they are then out of the title race, are they already out of the title race? Or does a win put them right back into solid contention?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Chelsea/Manchester City - Is It Over For Chelsea If They Lose? Empty Re: Chelsea/Manchester City - Is It Over For Chelsea If They Lose?

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 12 Dec 2011, 5:56 pm

I'd say they're already out of it although with Man City you just never know until they actually win it hoiwever I just don't think Chelsea have the consistancy to sustain a serious challenge, CL spot and FA Cup should be their realistic aim this year

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Chelsea/Manchester City - Is It Over For Chelsea If They Lose? Empty Re: Chelsea/Manchester City - Is It Over For Chelsea If They Lose?

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec 2011, 11:17 am

can someone please tell me why lampard doesnt understand why he's been left out of the team. Lampard is gone! The only reason he's still appearing to look good is cos he scores the penalties. He's useless, the legs have gone and now because he's scored the winner in a big game he thinks he's back n the media are like lampard this/lampard that.....delusional. I bet he thinks after playin a cameo and scoring that he deserves a new two year deal at 150k a week. shocking.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 13 Dec 2011, 11:23 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:Let's be frank

Is that a terrible pun? Very Happy

In all honesty, who sees this Chelsea team clawing back a 7 point lead? No, me neither. A good result last night but they won't win the title. In fact, Spurs will go ahead of them again if they win their game in hand against Everton.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 13 Dec 2011, 11:24 am

Frank Lampard says he cannot understand why he is being left out of Chelsea's starting line-up and claims boss Andre Villas-Boas has not explained why.

what the BBC says.

"I want to play, simple as that," Lampard told BBC Sport. "I'm as fit as I've ever been. I've been in a good run of form and now I've not been playing. "I haven't spoken [to Villas-Boas] so I don't know [why], simple as that."

what Lampard says.

Sensationalist journalism or what? Nowhere does Lamps say he can't understand why he's being left out, let alone that he's baffled by it. Once more signs that the media have it in for Chelsea, it's getting a bit pathetic TBH. Lampard it was who made the winner by the way with the perfect pass to Sturridge, whose shot then earned the penalty. I'm sure had it been Silva making that pass the media would have been creaming themselves for a week. However, I think Lampard is no longer capable of playing 90 minutes at that level, so I'd see him as more of an impact player right now.

Chelsea are back, they did brilliantly to turn last night's match around, and the title race is back on. Seven points isn't all that much, and Chelsea have a great fixture list coming up (Tottenham away is tricky, but the other games all look entirely winnable on this current run of form).

On a side-note, just how good could Romeu become?

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec 2011, 11:26 am

If you can find me quotes from Lampard that backs up anything you've said about what he thinks then I'll believe you, otherwise you're just spouting rubbish.

He didn't have a lot to do in last nights game, but he kept the ball reasonably well and is probably a safe bet to bring on to protect a lead instead of leaving Meireles on. That said, Romeu stood out again last night for Chelsea. Passed the ball well and broke up play on several occasions.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Essence_of_Excellence Tue 13 Dec 2011, 11:44 am

I think every football fan was routing for Chelsea last night...nobody wants to see City or any other team dominate any league especially the Prem.

I thought Chelsea were excellent last night. The back line did well apart from the Balotelli opener (that guy is sheer class). They totally isolated him in the second half and I wasn't suprised to see him lash out in frustration. Ramires and Mereiles were awesome and as Chruchill said Romeu looked like Essien back there stroking the ball about and winning it back. I think Sturridge has to go the the Euros with England his pace and ability to cause havoc is something we need to sustain a challenge.

Will be interesting to see how City fair after being knocked out the Champions League and losing to Chelsea when they play Arsenal Sunday...more dropped points and the race is wide open again!

The_Essence_of_Excellence

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 17 Dec 2011, 8:03 pm

After getting a good win against City, they mess it all up by drawing with Wigan, conceding a goal in the last minute as well....

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by monzon Sat 17 Dec 2011, 8:47 pm

I want the side who plays the best football to win the league.

That certainly isn't Chelsea...or United.

monzon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 18 Dec 2011, 2:28 am

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:After getting a good win against City, they mess it all up by drawing with Wigan, conceding a goal in the last minute as well....

It was much deserved though, Wigan where the better team which might be more disappointing than the result for Chelsea, one piece of individual brilliance from Sturridge was all they offered

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Dec 2011, 10:44 am

monzon wrote:I want the side who plays the best football to win the league.

That certainly isn't Chelsea...or United.

Swansea it is then? Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 18 Dec 2011, 11:28 am

the-gaffer wrote:
invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:After getting a good win against City, they mess it all up by drawing with Wigan, conceding a goal in the last minute as well....

It was much deserved though, Wigan where the better team which might be more disappointing than the result for Chelsea, one piece of individual brilliance from Sturridge was all they offered

Yeah that makes it worse, they could have got away with a poor performance against Wigan with all three points but threw it away.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down