The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...???

+9
wales606
yappysnap
rodders
Feckless Rogue
bedfordwelsh
beshocked
Artful_Dodger
Ozzy3213
maestegmafia
13 posters

Go down

Pick your winners and not your losers

HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_lcap8%HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 29 ]
HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_lcap6%HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 22 ]
HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_lcap1%HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 3 ]
HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_lcap2%HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 8 ]
HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_lcap4%HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 15 ]
HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_lcap8%HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 30 ]
HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_lcap5%HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 17 ]
HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_lcap0%HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 1 ]
HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_lcap9%HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 32 ]
HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_lcap0%HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_lcap2%HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 9 ]
HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_lcap6%HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 22 ]
HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_lcap5%HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 20 ]
HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_lcap4%HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 13 ]
[ 28 ]
HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_lcap1%HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 3 ]
[ 28 ]
[ 20 ]
HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_lcap3%HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 10 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 31 ]
[ 0 ]
HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_lcap7%HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 29 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 371

Poll closed

HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Empty HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...???

Post by maestegmafia Mon 12 Dec 2011, 11:48 am

Pool 1

Munster v Scarlets, Sunday, 18 December 12:45
Northampton v Castres, Sunday, 18 December 15:00

Pool 2

Edinburgh v Cardiff Blues, Friday, 16 December 20:00
London Irish v Racing Metro 92, Saturday, 17 December 15:00

Pool 3

Leinster v Bath, Saturday, 17 December 18:00
Montpellier v Glasgow, Saturday, 17 December 15:40

Pool 4

Aironi v Ulster, Saturday, 17 December 13:30
Leicester v Clermont Auvergne, Saturday, 17 December 13:30

Pool 5

Biarritz v Treviso, Friday, 16 December 20:00
Ospreys v Saracens, Friday, 16 December 20:00

Pool 6

Toulouse v Harlequins, Sunday, 18 December 15:00
Gloucester v Connacht, Saturday, 17 December 15:40

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Empty Re: HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...???

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 12 Dec 2011, 11:57 am

I've gone for Munster, Northampton, Blues, Irish, Leinster, Montpellier, Ulster, Tigers, Biarritz, Saracens, Toulouse and Gloucester. OK
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...??? Empty Re: HEC Round 4 - Who will be the winners and losers...???

Post by Artful_Dodger Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:00 pm

Munster, Castres, Edinbrugh, London Irish, Leinster, Montpellier, Ulster, Clermont, Biarritz, Ospreys, Toulouse, Gloucester.

Last edited by Artful_Dodger on Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:00 pm

I have gone for Munster,Northampton,Blues,Irish,Leinster, Montpellier,Leicester,Biarritz,Ospreys,Toulouse and Gloucester.

Yes I went against Saracens. Ospreys are very strong at home.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:39 pm

I am the guy who has faith in the scarlets pulling off an unbelievably good result in Munster. It may sound crazy but I have faith that the players will learn, improve and will be ready for next week.

Otherwise: Saints, Edinburgh, Irish, Montpellier, Tigers, Biarritz, Ospreys, Toulouse and Gloucester.

I think Pool's 1, 2, 4 and 5 will get very interesting going in to the final round.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:45 pm

If Edinburgh and Irish both win this weekend then Pool 2 is going to get very interesting maesteg. OK
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 12 Dec 2011, 1:03 pm

Maesteg you need to be a little more realistic.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 12 Dec 2011, 1:08 pm

beshocked wrote:Maesteg you need to be a little more realistic.

How about you re-phrase your post....!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 12 Dec 2011, 1:11 pm

I personally feel your heart rules your head. I cannot see Scarlets beating Munster. Ospreys will be favourites against Saracens though. It is likely you will win. Sometimes you need to listen to your head.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 12 Dec 2011, 1:16 pm

What you meant to write was that you disagree that Scarlets have the ability to beat Munster?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 12 Dec 2011, 1:28 pm

If they can't beat Munster on their patch what makes you think they can do it in somewhere as imposing as Thomond Park. Everything points to a Munster win. No I don't think Scarlets do have the ability. Bit of an overrated side to be honest in my opinion.

I will retract that statement if they somehow pull off a win. We'll see.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 12 Dec 2011, 1:54 pm

Well after a poor (ish) result in the predictions over the weekend I have gone for all Home wins bar Ulster will get a BP win out in Italy and I have plumped (bravely) for the Blues to pull off a win up in Edinburgh
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 12 Dec 2011, 3:20 pm

I think all the welsh regions suffered from lack of preparation time. Many players were not in full training until Thursday. Hopefully there will be better performances after a solid weeks graft on the training pitch.

None of the regions played as well as they should have.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Mon 12 Dec 2011, 3:23 pm

I think Scarlets can beat almost anyone anywhere in a one off game, if get their attacking game going, and execute it well.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 12 Dec 2011, 4:02 pm

I agree FR

But to do so they will need to do more at the set piece next weekend... They are usually stronger than that this season.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 12 Dec 2011, 4:58 pm

In all honesty I think the Scarlets are the only ones who may feel as if they have let something slip after the great away win at Franklyn Gardens.

Blues won at home - Was expected, may should have got a BP.

Ospreys lost away - Its always been said in this Comp that you have to win your home games and pick up something away from home which they done and Saracens are no mugs.

Dragons - Hoped we would get a LBP but also expected a bit of a stuffing so that scoreline not to bad.

O's and Dragons now have home games to try and turn it round and with the familiarity that the Pro12 League brings then going to Scotland or Ireland is nothing new to the Blues and Scarlets respectively.

bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 12 Dec 2011, 6:04 pm

The Home advantage is a massive swing in peoples voting trends...

12 Games have gone against the grain and been won by the Away team so far this season, steadily more and more each weekend...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 13 Dec 2011, 9:27 am

I was just reading on another forum how if the Ospreys win all their last three games Their may not be an English team in the Quarter finals?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 13 Dec 2011, 10:03 am

On the other hand maestegmafia if Ospreys lose to Saracens they are pretty much out of the competition.

Huge game for Saracens because if they can win they will have all but sealed the group.

No not necessarily. As it stands Saracens 3 points ahead of Ospreys. It depends what happens on Friday. Saracens could potentially still top the pool if they pick up two try bonus points in their last two games.

We'll have more of a clue after Friday.A win on friday would also give Saracens a real shot at a home quarter.

For any aspiration of winning the HC Saracens have to beat Ospreys on their patch.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 13 Dec 2011, 10:17 am

I think Clermont, Ulster, Cardiff and Saracens will all win on the road, otherwise it will be all home wins.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 13 Dec 2011, 10:26 am

rodders,

I think Tigers will want revenge for last week so will stick to my home win for that one.

Agree about Blues and Ulster.

Have plumped for the Os but wouldn't be to surprised if Sarries got a win.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 13 Dec 2011, 10:34 am

I am not so certain of the Blues but yes they should win on the road.

If you look at the HEC this year there seem to be more away team wins in later games than in the first round.

Maybe good for scarlets but not for ospreys.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 13 Dec 2011, 12:09 pm

Pool 1 - So far Munsters win at Llanelli and their home advantage next weekend sees them clear favourites. Saints have a slight vote of popularity.

Munster 8% [ 18 ]
v
Scarlets 0% [ 1 ]

Northampton Saints 4% [ 10 ]
v
Castres 3% [ 7 ]

Pool 2 - Edinburgh's good form in previous weeks and Home advantage seeing them more popular than Blues, London Irish's win also making them favourites.

Cardiff Blues 2% [ 6 ]
v
Edinburgh 4% [ 10 ]

London Irish 7% [ 16 ]
v
Racing Métro 0% [ 1 ]

Pool3 - Leinsters stumbled over an easy win at Bath last week, makes them Home Favs for this return fixture. Montpellier have home advantage too
Leinster 9% [ 19 ]
v
Bath 0% [ 0 ]

Montpellier 5% [ 11 ]
v
Glasgow Warriors 2% [ 6 ]

Pool 4 - Tigers looking to make the most of Welford Roads support to keep them in the competition. A TBP for ulster could see them do well if CA lose. Airioni are completely written off.

Leicester Tigers 6% [ 14 ]
v
Clermont 2% [ 6 ]

Aironi 0% [ 0 ]
v
Ulster 8% [ 17 ]

Pool5 - Ospreys stuttered and were lucky to get a LBP last week, though are at home and favourites this week. Biarritz should finish off Treviso at home, though a loss would be huge. A TBP by Biarritz would really mix this group up.
Ospreys 5% [ 11 ]
v
Saracens 2% [ 6 ]

Biarritz 7% [ 16 ]
v
Benetton Treviso 0% [ 0 ]

Pool 6 - Toulouse showed commanding form at the Stoop, will be looking to capitalise at home. Gloucester should have the support and ability to see of Connacht.
Toulouse 8% [ 17 ]
v
Harlequins 0% [ 0 ]

Gloucester 7% [ 16 ]
v
Connacht 0% [ 1 ]

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 13 Dec 2011, 12:28 pm

Ouch. Sucks for Quins apparently. Still everyone expected us to win last weekend...

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 13 Dec 2011, 1:11 pm

yapp,

I thought you would have won last week but not stopped Toulouse getting a LBP.

If you guys can come away from France with likewise this weekend not all is lost.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 13 Dec 2011, 1:30 pm

Teams like Toulouse, Clermont, Leinster and Munster really showed their class last weekend, they will undoubtably do it again. Out of those teams I think Munster is the weaker.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 13 Dec 2011, 1:48 pm

mm,

I don't think they are the force they once were ( in Europe at least) but not many teams will relish going to Thomond and expect to come away with much.

They just know how to win or get the points they need at least and they have been fantastic at it for years.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 13 Dec 2011, 2:49 pm

No Beds mate, I agree. Not many teams ever come away from Thormond park with anything other than their tails between their legs..
That said something about the Scarlets tells me that they have a good chance. They need so little ball to put an opposition under pressure. Though to be honest they did well against Saints because they took advantage of Pisi playing out of position at fullback. Priestland gave him a torrid time.

If Scarlets can find a similar scenario they can exploit then they will do well. Though i think that Munster have their house in better order than Saints.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 13 Dec 2011, 5:57 pm

Edinburgh vs Blues should be interesting.

The Blues really got the upper hand in the 2nd half last week, and they will have had a week longer preparation with their internationals - they also have a great record against Edinburgh (6 in a row I think).

On the other hand, Edinburgh will know that if they lose, they are pretty much out of the running and they will have home support.

I cant wait Smile - COME ON BLUES!!!
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 13 Dec 2011, 6:52 pm

W606
you are right it should be a cracker of a match. Edinburgh can spring the trap any time, I am sure you saw what happened up there with Racing Metro...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 13 Dec 2011, 8:03 pm

I'll go all home wins bar Ulster

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 13 Dec 2011, 9:13 pm

As i mentioned earlier the trend as this years competition progresses is for more and more away wins...

Likely teams for away wins could be. Castres, Cardiff Blues, Glasgow, Clermont, Ulster and Saracens. Less likely but highly possible would be Scarlets winning at Thormond park.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:01 am

Munster 7% [ 27 ]
Northampton Saints 6% [ 21 ]
Scarlets 0% [ 3 ]
Castres 2% [ 7 ]

Munster and Saints are edging ahead

Cardiff Blues 3% [ 13 ]
London Irish 7% [ 27 ]
Edinburgh 4% [ 16 ]
Racing Métro 0% [ 1 ]

Edinburgh Cardiff Close but favouring Edinburgh, London irish are certs to beat Racing Metro

Leinster 8% [ 30 ]
Bath 0% [ 0 ]
Glasgow Warriors 2% [ 7 ]
Montpellier 6% [ 21 ]

Leinster geting a lot of confidence for their home match, as are Montpellier

Leicester Tigers 5% [ 18 ]
Clermont 3% [ 13 ]
Ulster 7% [ 27 ]
Aironi 0% [ 2 ]

I thought Tigers CA would be a closer vote considering last weekends game, but Tigers fans are confident, as are the Ulstermen.

Biarritz 7% [ 26 ]
Ospreys 5% [ 19 ]
Saracens 2% [ 9 ]

Biarritz look like they are not going to suffer a shock home defeat to an Italian side and the Ospreys are going to capitalise on the "Black Out" at the Liberty

Toulouse 8% [ 29 ]
Harlequins 0% [ 0 ]
Gloucester 7% [ 27 ]
Connacht 0% [ 1 ]

Toulouse roaring away as are Gloucester

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:10 am

Maestegmafia what is a black out? It's a little pointless doing it against a team whose main club colour is black!

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:13 am

beshocked wrote:Maestegmafia what is a black out? It's a little pointless doing it against a team whose main club colour is black!
This year or half this year our main club colour is a weird blue but we have literally had every colour in the rainbow on the shirt this year...!

God, Knows what they mean and why, they are hardly Saatchi and Saatchi when it comes to marketing at the Liberty... I think they just mean there will be a lot of Ospreys supporters there.

Are you coming up for the game?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:47 am

Weird blue? Why not become a little like Stade Francais? Make your team strip a rainbow! Nah just joking, stick to black.

Just for the record which clubs play in black? The ones I know - obviously New Zealand,Saracens,Toulouse,Ospreys, Toulon.

Who else? It's quite odd that Toulon and Toulouse both play in the same league and have almost identical strips and colours.

We'll see.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:53 am

The ospreys originally used either black, of neath RFC, or white of Swansea RFC but they have added a myriad of colours to that. Similar to Stade Francais and Cardiff.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 16 Dec 2011, 8:31 am

The voting should have closed now... Here is a synopsis of your thoughts...

Pool 1

Munster 7% [ 29 ]
Northampton Saints 5% [ 22 ]
Scarlets 0% [ 3 ]
Castres 2% [ 8 ]

Looks like Castres and Scarlets dont stand a chance

Pool 2

Cardiff Blues 4% [ 15 ]
London Irish 8% [ 30 ]
Edinburgh 4% [ 16 ]
Racing Métro 0% [ 1 ]

Close game in Scotland tonight, run away victory in london

Pool 3

Leinster 8% [ 32 ]
Bath 0% [ 0 ]
Glasgow Warriors 2% [ 8 ]
Montpellier 5% [ 22 ]

Parties in the Streets of Dublin and Montpellier

Pool 4

Leicester Tigers 5% [ 20 ]
Clermont 3% [ 13 ]
Ulster 7% [ 28 ]
Aironi 0% [ 3 ]

Tigers fans confident of overturning CA, Belfast will enjoy a trip to Airioni

Pool 5

Biarritz 7% [ 28 ]
Ospreys 5% [ 20 ]
Saracens 2% [ 10 ]

Biarritz cant lose but can the Ospreys?

Pool 6

Toulouse 8% [ 31 ]
Harlequins 0% [ 0 ]
Gloucester 7% [ 29 ]
Connacht 0% [ 1 ]

Toulouse are winners uness Harlequins can man up, no one thinks they can. Remember last week so many of you thought Quins would win the home leg??? Have Gloucester written off Connachts chances???

Total Votes : 369

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 16 Dec 2011, 9:05 am

measteg, don't suppose you worked out how accurate the polling was last week? OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by george doors Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:11 pm

I think Quins could turn over Toulouse.

george doors

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 16 Dec 2011, 3:38 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:measteg, don't suppose you worked out how accurate the polling was last week? OK

Didn't, it's not bad at a guess I would say between 70% and 80% accurate.

Most peoria are getting 7 out of 12 right.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:14 pm

"Have Gloucester written off Connachts chances???"

Unfortunately, even if Connacht win, their 'chances' were written off even before they began the campaign.

Having said that, any team that had to suffer the haemorrhage they did last year and rebuild from virtually nothing, I admire their tenacity. It will be a good experience. They'll have had a taste of the kind of competition they want to be part of..so too will their fans. Back to the rebuilding work and the day job at Pro 12.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:29 pm

I meant chances of a win tonight..! They could still win their last three games though and raise their position in the group. But I highly doubt they will qualify

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:51 pm

Connacht winning their last three games? Hmmm, anything is possible but probability kills the idea stone dead.

And about the 'have Gloucester written off Connacht's chances?' comment. I just find it a peculiar wording for a game tonight, maestegmafia. They've written off any outside chance Connacht ever had in the Cup, yes; but I think the game has to be played before we can ask what Gloucester has done to their chances tonight. The game itself will be 80 minutes of chances for both sides... (exclamation mark - !)

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 16 Dec 2011, 6:31 pm

Thanks for your thoughts Secretfly mate...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down