The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reports say Sparano gone- who should replace him?

+5
The Mangler US_UK
Number-25
Colan (niner)
CFCNick
Pekchenko
9 posters

Go down

Reports say Sparano gone- who should replace him? Empty Reports say Sparano gone- who should replace him?

Post by Pekchenko Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:45 pm

Interested to know now that it is clear Sparano is gone at the end of the season, who should replace him and what issues should they address first?

Personally, despite how well Moore has done recently, he needs to be at least a 2nd tier level quarterback to lead this team to glory and i just dont think he is or ever will be at that level. Is RG3 the most viable option in draft or will we miss out? If we do miss out i cant see us being any lower than about 6th pick so who is likely to be available. Buccs, Rams, Panthers, Jags all will be drafting around the same spot and all have good young QBs.Bradford and Freeman have been a bit shaky this year but both have more pressing issues to address in the draft.

I also think the safety position definitely needs to be upgraded and maybe another receiver as Gates hasn't really shown that he can be the required downfield threat like Torrey Smith, Titus Young or even a Randall Cobb(Most other teams would give him more ball but so many other options).

Coach wise, im not to sure who is available- a lot of talk of Gruden but my knowledge of good coaches other than those already running teams or high profile Co-ordinators is limited. Who is the best fit?

Pekchenko

Back to top Go down

Reports say Sparano gone- who should replace him? Empty Re: Reports say Sparano gone- who should replace him?

Post by CFCNick Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:10 pm

It won't be Gruden. He gets paid too much at ESPN to go back into coaching.

I think a lot of people, including me, believe Brian Schottenheimer is due a shot at a HC position. I mean, he's called the right plays to make Mark Sanchez an AFC Championship runner up twice. Imagine what he could do calling plays for a real QB.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Reports say Sparano gone- who should replace him? Empty Re: Reports say Sparano gone- who should replace him?

Post by Pekchenko Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:50 pm

Not a bad choice but offensive and defensive co-ordinators do not always convert into great head coaches and myself personally would like to see someone like Harbaugh who has proven himself in college. I remember hearing about a really good potential candidate who would only go to a team with a franchise QB in place, cant remember his name, but surely this year we will make the move in the draft to get one and this could possibly tempt him

Pekchenko

Back to top Go down

Post by Pekchenko Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:53 pm

Bill Cowher was the guy i was thinking of

Pekchenko

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:00 pm

someone like chip kelly could be a good hc candidate

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pekchenko Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:20 pm

Refuse to have anyone running my football team called Chip, Chet, Chuck, Tug or any other of these ridiculous names Very Happy . Having said that Chuck Knoll didnt do too bad?

Pekchenko

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:27 pm

jeff fisher?

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:37 pm

Jim Zorn Whistle

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Pekchenko, there have been a lot of elite college head coaches who have flamed out in the NFL (Spurrier, Sabian, Petrino, Erickson just off the top of my head), so that's a no sure thing either.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:00 pm

Raheem Morris will probably be out of a job soon....

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:17 pm

Thomond wrote:Raheem Morris will probably be out of a job soon....
I hope not. Some of the playcalling, on offense in particular, has been pretty poor this year IMO. How much influence does Morris have on that side of the ball or is the O playcalling left up to Olsen?

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:30 pm

The defence has been the biggest problem for the Bucs this year and Raheem is responsible for that. Olson is OC and hopefully he goes too. Haley might be decent but he seems like a bit egotistical and has had problems with his players in his last few jobs.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:56 pm

frazier should be out of a job soon i'd imagine as should musgrave.I'd love to see a whole new set up in minnesota, if they can get 2 or 3 good free agents and a nice draft class, a coach could make them a good team again. A guy like chip kelly with players like harvin, and maybe the signing of desean jackson would be fun to watch

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:51 pm

Sporano and Haley confirmed as gone today. Reid is probably on the hot seat still and Morris has to be looking over his shoulder. Not sure about Frazier, as Ponder looks like he has potential. Other than that, I don't think anyone else is in a hell of a lot of danger. Can't see Indy going in a new direction (they probably would have done it already). Could be a few swaps going around - if Philly do part with Reid, he'll end up somewhere in the league.

Ryan will probably get a HC job, unless the Boys really bomb from here on out. Apart from him, I can't really see any big candidates.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:16 pm

your right that ponder has promise but frazier is a defensive guy that looks lost at times on the sideline, musgrave is one of the worst oc's in the nfl as well. The one thing that worries me is that i still think frazier could end up being a really good head coach

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:33 pm

What about Haley going to Minn as the OC?

Also begs the question whether Sparano (given the mid season turn around) deserves the chance to be a HC again. If not I wouldn't be surprised to see him as a coordinator somewhere next year.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:34 pm

lots of head coaches that , if sacked, i think would be great coordinators next year. If norv turner goes, i'd love to see him working with locker and that offense in tennessee

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:02 pm

niner wrote:lots of head coaches that , if sacked, i think would be great coordinators next year. If norv turner goes, i'd love to see him working with locker and that offense in tennessee

Wade Phillips would have shown people that there is a lot of value in bringing back an ex head coach and letting them do the coordinators job that made them famous. I would imagine Haley, Sparano etc all winding up in jobs next year.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down