The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxing Trainer Game

+8
AlexHuckerby
sherm
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
DaveVDK
ShahenshahG
88Chris05
Waingro
owen10ozzy
12 posters

Go down

Boxing Trainer Game Empty Boxing Trainer Game

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 12 Dec 2011, 6:43 pm

OWEN10OZZY'S 606 TRAINING LEGEND GAME

Ok fellow 606 boxing fans, I have decided to have a crack at getting a game started to help those with too much time on their hands waste a little more of their lives (clearly im both more sad & lonely as im the one doing it). The aim of the game is too test your knowledge and preaching!

Every weekend after the big fights we come along and give our verdicts & analysis. Many observe the action far away from the ring (usually with a beer in hand sat in front of the TV) yet all claim that fighters got their tactics wrong..style's make fights..the fight was taken to early! So here is your chance to prove your not just talking guff. Are you the next Angelo Dundee? Do you have anything on the trainer of the year Freddie Roach...or should you simply have stayed in the safety of your armchair!

I am looking for 16 people to sign up for the game as trainers. I will also require an additional 2 people to act as the judges. It has been done before on the former 606 site and is very good if i do say so myself. Please inform me if you are interested...and let me know if you want a trainer role or a judge role. I will be hoping to get this game underway within two days so.......get applying people!! Below is a game explanation and the rules:

THE GAME

So the basis of the game is that you will be a trainer in charge of two boxers. You will have the option to purchase these two fighters using your ‘start of game’ funds. Everyone will start with the same amount of cash. Once everyone has selected there fighters the game will begin.

The fighters available for selection will be from two weight categories (Welterweight & one to be decided by you guys). You must choose a boxer from each weight. All boxers will be assigned a price at the start, this price will be determined by a number of factors such as age, ability, potential etc. They will be familiar to everyone (i.e. no Balweg Bangoyan) so im expecting no arguments when the prices are put up.

Once you have selected fighters it is then up to you guys to challenge/call each other out and negotiate with each other who you wish to fight. This will be done using a separate thread. All fights will need to be made by Friday morning. If your unable to negotiate a fight with one another, what I like to call doing a Timothy Bradley, then I will sanction a fight for you.

When a fight has been made I will make it official by putting it on the board. As soon as you have made a fight you will then be required to send in your fight tactics.

Fights will take place once a week on a Saturday and will alternate each week between the weight categories with Week 1 fights being in the Welterweight division.

FIGHT TACTICS EXPLANATION
This is the most important part of the game so please read carefully:

The fight will be broken down into 4 parts – Round 1-3/4-6/7-9/10-12 You must give your tactics for each part.

What I am looking for in the tactics is an overview of how you want your boxer to fight. This does not need to go into huge detail but it does need to set up a general picture of what he is doing..i.e. is he fighting on the front or back foot/ leading with the jab/throwing to head or body or mixing it up/fighting on the inside or from the centre of the ring/ is he using the round to take a breather/ what is the main punch he is looking to land/ is he looking for a knockout punch.
You can also choose to mention counter tactics i.e. If the opponent is using the centre of the ring in any of these rounds then my fighter will rough house him and try to get on the inside/ or if I am down on points in the last round then look for the knockout.

All of these will have a baring on the outcome of the fight; so for example..if you decide to go looking for a knockout in the final part then there is a chance your opponent has decided to box on the back foot looking for a counter shot, this could lead to a you being caught and knocked out yourself.

Using these tactics both myself and the two fellow judges will score each round and give our fight outcome. These will be sent back to me via Private message and I will then post these on the results board.

All fights will take place on a Saturday (tactics must be in by 9am Saturday at the latest) and the results of the fight will go up on Sunday (so those who are judges you will need to score and give the outcome of each fight and post it to me by Sunday 11am at the latest)

FIGHT PURSES

Each fight will have a set purse as follows:

All none title fights = £1,000,000
Eliminator Fights = £1,500,000
Title Fights = £2,500,000

There will also be bonuses: £200,000 Win Bonus & £250,000 KO Bonus (note KO not TKO)

As mentioned earlier you will be in charge of making your own fights and during these ‘negotiations’ will need to determine the purse split. I have decided this will add some added spice and fun to the game. Obviously do not go stupid and try to keep it realistic. There are times that you may take a smaller purse but perhaps the reward will be getting closer to a title shot?

RANKINGS

During week one there will be no rankings. Once all the fights have taken place then I will begin to rank the boxers. These will be decided by a number of factors:

• Win/Loss
    Ranking of Opponent
    How you won or lost

There will be two belts up for grab in each divison (WBA & IBF). You can decide to place greater emphasis on your fighter going for one by declaring before each fight what belt your going for. Your ranking will still change in both but by setting your sights on one your route to the top may be a little quicker.

TRAINING PACKETS

Now I know some of you will be wondering what the point will be of all this virtual cash. Well here’s the answer…you can use them for lots of goodies!! If you have the cash then you can purchase one of 3 ‘training packets’. These will give your fighter a little boost during fight night (its above board & there are no traces of performance enhancers in any of them). But be warned they are not cheap. They are as follows:

• Defence Increase = £8,000,000
    Offence Increase = £8,000,000
    Extra KO Power = £10,000,000

FIGHTER TRANSFERS
At random points during the game you will have the opportunity to sell your fighters and purchase new ones if you so wish. I will announce when this can happen and then the dealing will commence. You can either purchase a fighter from me or you can try and work your magic and purchase someone else’s fighter from them if they wish to sell

Once we have all 16 players I will conduct a poll to decide which other weight category we will be using.

Last edited by owen10ozzy on Wed 14 Dec 2011, 6:43 pm; edited 3 times in total

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Boxing Trainer Game Empty Re: Boxing Trainer Game

Post by Waingro Mon 12 Dec 2011, 6:45 pm

Sound like a good idea but how long does it take?

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 12 Dec 2011, 7:31 pm

The game can go on for as long as people want. You can retire as a trainer, you will have opportunities to trade fighters, sell fighters etc. There will be awards (no cash/cheques through the post im afraid) up for grabs on a bi-weekly basis. Plenty of things will be happening in the game!!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 12 Dec 2011, 7:59 pm

Am I the only one having trouble grasping this? I applaud you for your effort though, Ozzy!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 12 Dec 2011, 8:03 pm

Haha im sure your not!! I will get round to posting up some rules etc a little later. Just tied up at the moment & have no access to the pre-written copy. Essentially you will be acting as a trainer for 2 fighters of which you choose. The aim will be to arrange fights amongst yourselves. Once fights are arranged you will be required to send to myself and the other 2 judges your tactics for the fight. Using these tactics & of course the other persons we will come to a conclusion as to who we think has won.

As mentioned I will be going into greater detail as soon as I can. But it is a game which provides ample opportunity for lots of banter & interaction amongst everyone & of course the pride of being called '606's Best Trainer'!

Hope this clears it up a little & wets the appetite a little more than my original post Sad

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 12 Dec 2011, 8:25 pm

Volunteering my services as a judge.

Qualifications - Many hours sitting on my backside watching boxing, a wig and a detached plastic gavel formerly used to attack moles.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 12 Dec 2011, 9:04 pm

Cheers ShahenshahG,

Your CV has passed the test..just ensure you brush up on your algebra & ability to write numbers down correctly as we dont want any dodgy scorecards Whistle

Hopefully I will get some people involved in the game once the rules and general game information goes up.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Mon 12 Dec 2011, 9:07 pm

Ill be a trainer then, might aswell haha

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 12 Dec 2011, 9:10 pm

Yahoo 1 down...15 to go!! I will have a general description & the rules up by the morning. This will clue everyone up as to what the game is about & how it runs which in turn may just get me another 15 people involved!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 12 Dec 2011, 11:35 pm

Stick me down as a judge pal. Il be picking the splinters out of my rear from sutton firmly on the fence!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sherm Mon 12 Dec 2011, 11:46 pm

im in, once i understand it,,,)

sherm

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 13 Dec 2011, 9:13 am

Send me a PM telling me what I have to do, and I'd be more than happy to do it.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 13 Dec 2011, 9:15 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:Send me a PM telling me what I have to do, and I'd be more than happy to do it.

Don't tempt me...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 13 Dec 2011, 9:26 am

Laugh You disgust me Union.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 13 Dec 2011, 9:30 am

I'll be the president of a sanctioning body.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 13 Dec 2011, 9:32 am

SWB? - Scott's World of Boxing Smile

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 13 Dec 2011, 9:41 am

Scott's Pugilistic Authority (Zambia)
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 13 Dec 2011, 9:45 am

Clever.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 13 Dec 2011, 9:55 am

owen10ozzy wrote:

anyone who holds grudges against members count yourself out.

I'm out.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Tue 13 Dec 2011, 5:34 pm

so do we pick current fighters orr...?

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 13 Dec 2011, 5:51 pm

Hiya 606'ers,

I am currently in the midst of writing up the introduction, rules & way the game works. This will be time consuming (had I not lost the original copy id be fine) but will be posted by tommorow.

Once posted I will then give 24 hours for all people who wish to enter to put their names down. I already have 2 judges ( ShahenshahG,
Reborn)
so am looking for another 13 trainers...

I believe I have: Alex Huckerby, DaveVDK & Sherm so far..

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by sherm Tue 13 Dec 2011, 6:24 pm

Terribly sorry but can I withdraw please? I was slightly intoxicated when i signed up and on reflection I wont be able to commit, wouldn`t want to ruin your game later on.

sherm

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachine Wed 14 Dec 2011, 10:03 am

I'll put my name down as a trainer. Have a bit of Amateur experience boxing so I know what that world feels like.

JabMachine

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 14 Dec 2011, 4:07 pm

Ok folkes the game explanation and rules are now up. You will find it by clicking on the spoiler tag. Lets hope this picks up interest now. So far I have all 3 judges and 3 of 16 trainers.

AlexHuckerby, DaveVDK, Jab Machine

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 14 Dec 2011, 4:13 pm

Will you notify us judges on how you would like us to break each fight down.

Cheers
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 14 Dec 2011, 4:16 pm

Reborn..once I know the game is going ahead I will post up a seperate section for the judges. But yes essentially I will be looking for you to score each round and give a brief explanation as to why you scored it how you did. So if you decide the fight ends with a KO in round 7 i will want to know why etc.

It does not have to be in massive detail as for all intents and purpose it is more so that I know you are doing your job properly and fairly (dont want any Chisora incidents ey!)

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu 15 Dec 2011, 1:18 pm

Anyone who did show interest I think you will have gathered that this is a no go unfortunatly! Seems the concept wasnt as well recieved as one hoped!

(Any admins looking this has to now be a shoe in for 'failure start up game' in next years 606v2 awards)!!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 15 Dec 2011, 1:21 pm

So thats the judges what will the trainers have to do?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 15 Dec 2011, 1:22 pm

Oh...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu 15 Dec 2011, 1:28 pm

Yeh apologies alex! I have put what the trainers role is and a full explanation of the game at the top of the thread. Not sure if you had read it or not?...

However there doesnt seem to be much interest in the game at this moment. I will hold out a little longer and see. If I can get around 10 people then we could make a start and others could join later on if they like what they see..

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 15 Dec 2011, 1:30 pm

Yeah just seemed mighty confusing to be honest though =/

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down