The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ben Edwards replaces Martin Brundle

Go down

Ben Edwards replaces Martin Brundle Empty Ben Edwards replaces Martin Brundle

Post by Guest Wed 14 Dec 2011, 2:09 pm

Ben Edwards will replace Martin Brundle as the BBC's lead commentator next year, ending weeks of speculation about who will join David Coulthard in the box. As Martin Brundle has switched to Sky for 2012, the BBC has been looking for an experienced broadcaster to join its efforts next year.

Edwards, who has most recently been the British Touring Car Championship commentator for ITV, previously worked in F1 for Eurosport, as well as Bernie Ecclestone's original digital F1 channel back in 2002.

Edwards was a former driver himself, racing against his commentary partner Coulthard in the Euro Vauxhall Lotus Championship.
Although there has been no official statement from the BBC about its plans, Edwards wrote on Twitter: "So, it looks as though it's really happening. I will be the BBC F1 commentator in 2012 and I can't wait!

The initial reaction to his planned appointment is broadly positive.
One fan on Twitter, Dom Smith, said, "And with this news, I am sticking with the BBCF1 team."

Thoughts.....I think he's a good replacement having heard him before but I don't really care as I will be watching F1 on Sky.

Back to top Go down

Ben Edwards replaces Martin Brundle Empty Re: Ben Edwards replaces Martin Brundle

Post by lorus59 Wed 14 Dec 2011, 3:44 pm

I used to enjoy John Watson's commentary with Eurosport back in the 90's. It would be nice to hear him back doing it.

lorus59

Back to top Go down